• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT2| Another Fight Isn't Coming Your Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

Eh, I wouldn't take it so hard, a lot of those rounds were close. Fighting games like this are about constant improvement anyway.

I'm being dramatic. I know I'm pretty bad but I had fun. Those were really entertaining matches. I legit thought, okay I know Mika he can't beat me with her... and then I lost. I at least had to defend myself with Cammy.

GGs man, thanks for the matches. Invite me whenever.

13randO

Random question: How do you pull off the crush counter with Cammy's standing HK? I've seen videos of it, but I haven't been able to consistently replicate it.

Derpot

I want to main FANG but goddammit, I suck at using charge characters, I just can't. It works like 1/2 of the time, lol. But I'll continue practicing.
On the other hand, I tried to play Rashid and wow, he's really fun ! He's totally my type of character actually.

Have you guys seen a lot of FANG and Rashid online ?

Xeteh

I want to main FANG but goddammit, I suck at using charge characters, I just can't. It works like 1/2 of the time, lol. But I'll continue practicing.
On the other hand, I tried to play Rashid and wow, he's really fun ! He's totally my type of character actually.

Have you guys seen a lot of FANG and Rashid online ?

As someone who banged their head against the wall with charge characters in SF4... just keep practicing. It becomes second nature a lot faster than you would think.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Beat survival normal. Ugh the computer pulling out high damaging combos. Had to do the 29 man run back once to get to bison.

What an absolute time waster those first 25 cpus are. Smh.

Derpot

Me and like 3 other people here are the only FANG users in the world.

Aw, I want to become a FANG user too, he needs more love !

Fought one about an hour ago.

Which one? FANG or Rashid ?

As someone who banged their head against the wall with charge characters in SF4... just keep practicing. It becomes second nature a lot faster than you would think.

Yeah, I think I manage to have a better timing by using R1 (well, HP, I mean) than using the buttons for LP and MP, maybe I should practice more with it.

ElTopo

Banned
Put a request in to cancel my order on the Season Pass on Steam. Hope it goes through by today. Over the last two weeks I earned 200K fight money. So at least Capcom kept their word that it would be easy to earn money for characters.

If I get really bored and complete Survival mode on Easy with every character that'll put me at 300K easily.

Beat survival normal. Ugh the computer pulling out high damaging combos. Had to do the 29 man run back once to get to bison.

What an absolute time waster those first 25 cpus are. Smh.

I just finished doing all the characters on easy mode and I don't know if I could do 30 with all. I only did one for Karin. Not only its a waste of time but it's repetitive. It sucks that you don't gain anything when you lose.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Put a request in to cancel my order on the Season Pass on Steam. Hope it goes through by today. Over the last two weeks I earned 200K fight money. So at least Capcom kept their word that it would be easy to earn money for characters.

If I get really bored and complete Survival mode on Easy with every character that'll put me at 300K easily.
Yeah, makes you wonder if they thought this through lol

Rattles

Am I the only one that just leaves casual and ranked on and just jam survival? Just play every game I can an no stress included.

Think of it this way: They can only sell you each character once, but they can keep selling you new costume DLC for those characters that you do own. And cosmetic DLC is probably a lot cheaper to produce than a full fledged character.

Rektash

Well, we are talking about Capcom here so the answer to that is probably a resounding No!

No worries though, Capcom will find a way to fuck you over. That is one of the few things Capcom is good at these days.

ElTopo

Banned
Ucchedavāda;197095336 said:
Think of it this way: They can only sell you each character once, but they can keep selling you new costume DLC for those characters that you do own. And cosmetic DLC is probably a lot cheaper to produce than a full fledged character.

That's when costume mods come in handy.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ucchedavāda;197095336 said:
I guess I'm a bit frugal with that stuff and online matches in 4 were full of people with costumes, but I never really bought any of that in 4. And I don't think I will get every DLC character immediately either. So yeah, I'm a huge fan of the series and the game but with the system they have, I earn enough to not really spend any more real money on it.

Just got back from a maddening three hours or so of ranked and normal survival mode. Ken and Chun are so crazy and I'm so dumb for sticking with Karin. They're both clearly better. I died once as Chun because Zangief is terrifying in the upper twenties for some reason. My mind is blown by how good these two are. I beat Bison with both without losing more than 30% of my health. Karin's normals just don't compare to Ken and Chun's lol. Chun's df (diagonal forward) kick overheads are cool and her buttons are even cooler. After finishing there I went to ranked and got my shit fucked up good. I decided to cal it quits when I beat a Mika with 3.5k. The both of us must have been shaking our heads because we played like idiots. It was still hilarious when he armored through my EX Ressen Ha, though. My jaw felt like a hit the floor for a second.
Thanks! And like this? :p
j7DPCeB.jpg

Tomorrow! Any reqs? Have university tomorrow so time might be limited

Thank you :)

The truth tea
Nice

Now we need the one with the slap on the back. I think I'll die from laughter if I see Nash looking up at Bison with a smile.
Nah. We've established they're not going to do shit. Some dude has to spend his time checking gamertags in the database to see if they ever had a recorded match. If not, and there's video evidence, its a ragequit. But I don't see that being feasible.

Right now any video evidence is just for internet name calling. I doubt it'll amount to anything other than shaming people on forums.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L8Q4TqdV5M
They gotta do something.
Here, have some Karin Gifs:

Gonna try and make some more tomorrow.
The first one is perfect. The loop is flawless. :)
Where's that Alex trailer Capcom?
lol

2 weeks
Do you guys think Capcom is going to reset rankings after the RQ penalty patch? . I see many videos of Rage quits of people in Gold. But they seem like completely shit players. Seems like they just get up there by only beating Bronze or rookie players and then RQ on anyone half decent.
They should, but who knows what they will do?

I feel like every time I win one or two fights in a row (which is a rarity due to the RQ!) the game just throws me an unreasonably good opponent. I guess it's cool to see how good players fight, but it feels like I'm not progressing in rank.

Wonder if the matching is due to the relatively small player base where I live.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
bipson meaty st hk oki. wtf do you even do against this. +3 on block. crush counter into half your life if you press anything. FUCK
My solution is to eat the throw and sometimes uppercut.

I feel like every time I win one or two fights in a row (which is a rarity due to the RQ!) the game just throws me an unreasonably good opponent. I guess it's cool to see how good players fight, but it feels like I'm not progressing in rank.

Wonder if the matching is due to the relatively small player base where I live.
I have a suspicion that the game does actually do that. Meaning, it'll give you tougher opponents when you've been winning, give you easier ones if you've been losing. I jump from losing streak to winning streak all the time in this game.

Derpot

I tried the Normal Survival mode with Rashid, the other day.
On my first try, everything went okay until I met Necalli. I got destroyed, I couldn't do anything D:
When I tried again, I beat him quite easily and reached Bison, but it didn't end well lol.

Now we need the one with the slap on the back. I think I'll die from laughter if I see Nash looking up at Bison with a smile.

Oh my god yes, I need this. Please.

Blizzard

Banned
I had a really weird thing happen where I was playing survival and the match started in slow motion. I alt-tabbed a couple of times and it fixed itself. Has anyone else seen that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom