• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT2| Another Fight Isn't Coming Your Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEREC

I don't remember a game having to have second OT2 less than a week after release. Damn it

Semi-popular fighting game OT's go fast since a good percentage of the posts are:

"looking for a match..add me"

"GG"

"anyone down for some matches"

Smash OT was kinda the same way.

Seems like there should be a different thread dedicated to people looking for matches.

Semi-popular fighting game OT's go fast since a good percentage of the posts are:

"GG"

Seems like there should be a different thread dedicated to people looking for matches.
Bloodborne's OT2 was up within like 3 days.

Nephtes

"GG"

I found most of the posts in the last OT to be drive by "OMG server is garbage!" And "48 minutes of trying to connect... Still can't connect.. Woo! I connected! Nope... Disconnected." Types...

mostly made by me ^_^;

ryan13ts

Am I the only one having issues with command responses? I've been playing SF since 2 in the 90's so I have no problems inputting commands but this is the only SF game where what I'm pressing isn't always coming out like it should or not at all. For example, using Laura today, when I pressed the command for her elbow grab, her lighting came out. I also just lost a match because her CA didn't activate at a perfect opening, even though I KNOW I inputted correctly. Things like this are happening regularly and it's only in SF5. It's also not a controller issue either, since I went back to SF4 just to be sure and had no issues with inputs there, everything comes out just like I press.

I have no problem admitting when I screw up, but nothing is more aggravating than losing because of something that's apparently out of your control. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

No, April at the earliest, probably later.

It's one time but by character I believe.

Not just by Character, but by costume too. So doing Bison/Ryu/Cammy/Chun alt survival will net u the alt's bonus colors, and the FM you get for unlocking it, then you can do the default colors & get that.

Nephtes

Am I the only one having issues with command responses? I've been playing SF since 2 in the 90's so I have no problems inputting commands but this is the only SF game where what I'm pressing isn't always coming out like it should or not at all. For example, using Laura today, when I pressed the command for her elbow grab, her lighting came out. I also just lost a match because her CA didn't activate at a perfect opening, even though I KNOW I inputted correctly. Things like this are happening regularly and it's only in SF5. It's also not a controller issue either, since I went back to SF4 just to be sure and had no issues with inputs there, everything comes out just like I press.

I have no problem admitting when I screw up, but nothing is more aggravating than losing because of something that's apparently out of your control. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

I'm having issues with it too... Only in online play. The connection hiccups and both players end up punching or kicking mid air because the special move didn't proc.

It's annoying to be sure... But it usually affects both players equally so it's not "the worst". I haven't experienced it yet during single player play in Survival or Training though, so I really do think it's related to online.

Quesa

Is there a secret to meaties I'm not getting other than practicing timings? I've been doing training mode practice with random recovery times and I'm not sure what to do about instant wakups other than block them.

tariniel

I am getting so annoyed with the quitters lately.

I had a really great, really close match with a Cammy player, we both had maybe 15-20% health left on the final round. From pretty far she does hooligan, and I react with Bison's critical art for the anti-air and kill. Of course, quits during the animation of the CA.

2 games later, played the most scrub Rashid player I've ever seen (at 2500 points!) who just did non-stop unsafe and punishable specials. Ended up finishing him with a grab, and he also quits.

Maybe I'll just move to playing casual matches where I think people are less likely to quit, until they do something about it. I take my L's like most everyone else and they should do the same.

Is there a secret to meaties I'm not getting other than practicing timings? I've been doing training mode practice with random recovery times and I'm not sure what to do about instant wakups other than block them.

By instant wake ups do you mean like shoryuken? Some specials have invincibility that I believe will beat meaties. If you suspect your opponent will do that, try to bait and then punish their shoryuken. It's also good to learn which characters have options like this so you know in advance. For example, you can meaty Nash and Bison all day unless they have super, but need to be careful on Ryu and Necalli.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Bump, no one knows this?

As far as I know, almost all command grabs are at least 5 frames with no throw invincibility, so they'll be beaten by meaties, even throws. You can't mash out a 1 frame grab on wakeup like in SFIV.

The advantages of command throws are generally range, damage, and untechability.

Wall of Shame for OT1

wos5pk6k.png

I've been slacking since the SF4 days :/

whats a good combo for an easy ex an the end?

For Ryu? Pretty much any bnb, depending on range and how much recovery they have.

For something simple: st. hp xx special (you can sub cr. hp for any normal that cancels.)
A little bit more: st. mp, cr hp xx special
With full meter: st. mp, cr. hp xx shoryuken xx super

Trickster

As far as I know, almost all command grabs are at least 5 frames with no throw invincibility, so they'll be beaten by meaties, even throws. You can't mash out a 1 frame grab on wakeup like in SFIV.

The advantages of command throws are generally range, damage, and untechability.

Don't understand why I always get command grab when I'm trying to tech throws then :/

LakeEarth

poongko attempting to complete hell survival with cammy. he's at stage 35 now and it looks like a walk in the park for him.
http://www.twitch.tv/poongkotv

He paid for V-meter, that's something I never do. Interesting. In the later stages, if I have life I spend it on damage buffs.

LOL the AI is so random, Vega was giving him trouble, then the following match Mika just stands there and eats a jump in.

So, was the moves list for all the character cut short as well? I remember all so well that when I use to play SF2 back in the day, every attack button had 3 variations of moves. Neutral, forward, and back. But in this game there seems to be only 1 or 2 attack buttons that have a variation to it, and even then it's limited to 2 variations.

Am I not remembering things right?

Quesa

By instant wake ups do you mean like shoryuken? Some specials have invincibility that I believe will beat meaties. If you suspect your opponent will do that, try to bait and then punish their shoryuken. It's also good to learn which characters have options like this so you know in advance. For example, you can meaty Nash and Bison all day unless they have super, but need to be careful on Ryu and Necalli.

Nah I mean like, I have a CPU set to do a crouching LK on wakeup, and I haven't gotten down a good timing to beating it with a meaty when they randomly tech the knockdown. I can sort of do it if they don't. I just don't have a consistent baseline for when to start up my meaty.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Don't understand why I always get command grab when I'm trying to tech throws then :/

You're getting command grab when trying to tech? You can't tech a throw with a command grab. That's not how those work. You can only tech a throw with a throw command lp+lk.

Skilletor

So, was the moves list for all the character cut short as well? I remember all so well that when I use to play SF2 back in the day, every attack button had 3 variations of moves. Neutral, forward, and back. But in this game there seems to be only 1 or 2 attack buttons that have a variation to it, and even then it's limited to 2 variations.

A bit of both. There are less moves in SF5, but there was never a neutral, forward and back version of every move in any SF.

mbpm1

Maybe you're throwing too late, and the command throw is coming earlier. Maybe your throw is too far, and the command throw is catching you from outside the throw range. Don't try to throw when someone is trying to command grab, generally, unless you have frame advantage

Huggers

Just came across a 2500lp Cammy player on a 14 win streak. Beat their ass. Annnnnnd rage quit. How sadly predictable

SF2 had close and/or far standing normals. 2 variations at most. And, a lot of those moves were useless. People would just distill everyone's moves down to the ones that didn't suck, and exclusively used those. So, Capcom streamlined the movelists in SF5, so every button has a purpose.

Also, they got rid of proximity normals (attacks changing depending on how close you are), and now allow you to chose which move you want to use independent of distance.

Syntsui

I keep hearing Balrog/Boxer is pretty far along. So I dunno
What does MK have to do with anything?

You can't dedicate yourself on too many fighting games at the same time, considering a lot of content is being held back and MK XL is being released with all the content possible, he is deciding to play MK for the time being. I guess that's what MK has to do with anything.

LiK

i pray and hope the server update today is to quickly patch in a penalty for DC. just make people lose their streaks and LP please.

Marvel

could never
Just came across a 2500lp Cammy player on a 14 win streak. Beat their ass. Annnnnnd rage quit. How sadly predictable

This 1800 LP Chun quit on me earlier:

2nonmvmp

And I'm not even very good, nor do I fully know how the fuck to use Necalli lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom