• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Roxkis_ii

I've been having a very frustrating night. Anyone know any Chun li hit confirms?

I can't think of how to hit confirm into C. Hp.

kiaaa

There's a pretty big gulf between hating a game and remembering its previous faults.

Meh, the original comment I replied to was more about complaining than hating, but even then, people aren't easily swayed by their first impressions. I really wouldn't hold it against anyone to hate SFV the way Capcom has handled it.

Skab

Toying with the idea of shelving Bison. Which makes me sad.

But if I do, who should I pick up? Hmm..

<- Put Makoto in SFV pls

Weekly SFV is doomed thread is up on the main forum, in case anyone was craving it.

I can't deal with these anymore. I want to see Street Fighter do well. That said, if I hadn't been told about bad sales figures for V, I'd think it was doing well.

I get matches regularly online, there are tournaments almost every week to watch if I wish, and despite a thin launch, the games content does continue to grow. I sit somewhere between a casual and a hardcore and I've had a lot of fun (and salt) playing V. To me it is doing well, or doing enough to keep me playing.

Zackat

I can't deal with these anymore. I want to see Street Fighter do well. That said, if I hadn't been told about bad sales figures for V, I'd think it was doing well.

I get matches regularly online, there are tournaments almost every week to watch if I wish, and despite a thin launch, the games content does continue to grow. I sit somewhere between a casual and a hardcore and I've had a lot of fun (and salt) playing V. To me it is doing well, or doing enough to keep me playing.
If you haven't been reading gaming side lately, a lot of gaf really hate games that are built around online and microtransactions. It's really strange for me because they are my favorite games.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
There is some irony in it, too. SFV has DLC characters and some cosmetic DLC, that's nothing special, really. But they let you earn most of it, too. The business model is actually pretty consumer friendly, but all the other problems and the supposed grindingdon't let that shine.

JayEH

A lot of people treat all the dlc as unlockables instead of DLC that you have the opportunity to earn for free so they're angry they can't unlock everything without paying for it. FM really screwed the perspective on things.

Gurnlei

This game loves throwing me into a moral dilemma by matching me with people leagues lower and questioning if I should just give them a win or frustrate newer players getting paired against someone that's obviously played more. Think I'll take a long break from ranked.

Csr

I am annoyed from some people on both sides. Some ignore the faults the game had or still has, others complain about stuff that they shouldn't be complaining about.

I can't fault people for hating Capcom for launching the game the way they did. I am also mad at the people responsible for damaging my favorite franchise and keeping it from becoming a better experience than previous entries and missing a very good opportunity at making it more popular but at the same time people ignoring every thing that has improved or complaining about stuff that make no sense over and over again is infuriating.

FluxWaveZ

This game loves throwing me into a moral dilemma by matching me with people leagues lower and questioning if I should just give them a win or frustrate newer players getting paired against someone that's obviously played more. Think I'll take a long break from ranked.

Really? What league are you in, and what leagues are you often getting matched up with on the lower end?

FluxWaveZ

Going between Super and Ultra Silver right now. It's not a big issue, but I'm put up against low Silver and Ultra Bronze more than I'd like.

I see. I'd say that's still pretty close in terms of leagues. As long as there's only one league worth separating players (e.g. from Ultra Bronze to Ultra Silver), that's fine. Not a huge discrepancy in skill, there.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Going between Super and Ultra Silver right now. It's not a big issue, but I'm put up against low Silver and Ultra Bronze more than I'd like.

Everybody playing ranked gets wins off of people with less LP and gets beat by people with more LP. You don't have to act in anyone's interest but your own.

Is it just me or is anyone else getting constant failed to retrieve data and failed to send match results?

Not too often for me, but you know that it eventually awards (or subtracts) the points, right? You don't have to stress about this error.

kiaaa

Not too often for me, but you know that it eventually awards (or subtracts) the points, right? You don't have to stress about this error.

I'm not getting points when I get the second error. It's not happening as often, but probably every 4-5 matches.

It's mostly just super annoying to see every match.

edit - jesus christ RB Urien just did some nasty shit.

FluxWaveZ

Is it just me or is anyone else getting constant failed to retrieve data and failed to send match results?

The vast majority of my matches have this, yes. Worse yet, recently some of these has resulted in no point differences in Ranked, which wouldn't happen before, despite the errors.

Edit: Casual is Urien City right now. 5-6 different players in a row. All Uriens.

Marvel

could never
I have a friend who is a gaffer, played fighting games and SF much longer than me. Bopped me 29 times in a row when I was first getting into SFV.

(I came over from MKX)

So painful, made me put the hours in. Now I can beat him or hold my ground. Nice feeling improving yourself. My next aim when my Pro arrives is to learn setups and live in Ranked for a while because I've avoided it for long enough.

Personal goal is to get to Gold.

Roxkis_ii

On today's episode of Roxkis sucks at street fighter, an epiphany was had!

When you let go of the salt and change your perspective (Fun first, platinum second), it is a lot easier to see your own mistakes.

Today's episode was brought to by silver ranked Zangief, teaching you how to use normals since 1992.

Ryu ain't that bad, fuck Ken.

And Chun-Li's IA legs. And her ambiguous as fuck cross-ups.
lol...Ryu is better than Ken though...

But maybe online...meh, Ken is probably tougher to deal with I&#8217;ll give you that.

Have we ever played btw? I don&#8217;t remember playing your fang much?

Also, Anyone beat tampabison consistently? I think Bison is just a bad match up for me, but I never seem to fair well versus him at all.

lol...Ryu is better than Ken though...

But maybe online...meh, Ken is probably tougher to deal with I’ll give you that.

Have we ever played btw? I don’t remember playing your fang much?

Also, Anyone beat tampabison consistently? I think Bison is just a bad match up for me, but I never seem to fair well versus him at all.
Ehh. Ryu is a more well-rounded character but Ken's offense makes up for his slightly worse defense in spades.

And I say this now having "figured out" the Ken matchup. I much more cleanly take games off of Kens and even the players that gave me trouble before, are much more even matchups now, even though I'm technically always on the backfoot because of my very low damage output.

It's just Ken's ability to get oki off of literally everything (Just take his forward throw as a small example. He can forward dash into throw, but that can be beat by wakeup buttons. Or he could forward dash into cr.mp, which will beat even 3-framers and get a counter hit to boot)and corner carry from one EX combo is just frustrating, especially as a character who's playing keepaway all the time. Ken and Cammy are two of the worst matchups for FANG IMO, because they can get in so easily as compared to the rest of the cast and that's where FANG's disadvantages start to shine through.

We haven't played because we live on almost literally opposite ends of the planet, though I gotta say even if we didn't, I already play Kens practically everyday lol and a legitimately great Ken player who's played in a lot of tournaments for both SFIV and SF5 (BigBird) so adding more Kens to play against doesn't really sound appealing, no offense :)

Ehh. Ryu is a more well-rounded character but Ken's offense makes up for his slightly worse defense in spades.

And I say this now having "figured out" the Ken matchup. I much more cleanly take games off of Kens and even the players that gave me trouble before, are much more even matchups now, even though I'm technically always on the backfoot because of my very low damage output.

It's just Ken's ability to get oki off of literally everything (Just take his forward throw as a small example. He can forward dash into throw, but that can be beat by wakeup buttons. Or he could forward dash into cr.mp, which will beat even 3-framers and get a counter hit to boot)and corner carry from one EX combo is just frustrating, especially as a character who's playing keepaway all the time. Ken and Cammy are two of the worst matchups for FANG IMO, because they can get in so easily as compared to the rest of the cast and that's where FANG's disadvantages start to shine through.

We haven't played because we live on almost literally opposite ends of the planet, though I gotta say even if we didn't, I already play Kens practically everyday lol and a legitimately great Ken player who's played in a lot of tournaments for both SFIV and SF5 (BigBird) so adding more Kens to play against doesn't really sound appealing, no offense :)
None taken...BigBird is pretty solid

I&#8217;m just trying to build up my CFN lists cuz I&#8217;m taking a break from ranked. Hopefully the net code can improve enough to world differences don&#8217;t matter much, would love to be able to play Momochi or something like that in this era.

Uriens shoulder is the new Ken DP btw

Oh snap, just realized we're already on the last page! OT6, here we come!
... Don't you mean headbutt?!
Headbutt's the Urien version of DP, Shoulder is more like Urien's EX Lightning legs.
I’m just trying to build up my CFN lists cuz I’m taking a break from ranked. Hopefully the net code can improve enough to world differences don’t matter much, would love to be able to play Momochi or something like that in this era.
No matter how good the netcode is, you're still going to be subject to the non-avoidable issue of the data being routed through the freaking Earth. Even at the speed of light, which is what they travel through in the underwater fiber optic cables, they still take time to get from point A to B. Even with Killer Instinct netcode, USA to Japan is gonna be unplayable.

That is unless we invent some faster way of carrying data, or invent Faster Than Light travel.

Mr. X

hahhahahahahhaha....

Urien’s love that move on wake-up and in between strings, you can’t deny it!!
Playing new Urien players, it's weird seeing that happen without armour. Unsafe as hell unless EX.

Random L headbutt is where it's at. Throw invincible, hops lows, safe on block, lp mp h tackle on CH. With armor, it's a godlike anti air you can juggle after.

Grifter

I had a crazy grand finals set yesterday. I came from winners and he bodied me the first set to reset the bracket. After reset, the games got miscounted and everyone thought I lost the second set 3-1.

One single guy said that was wrong so we played another game, which I won. Then they went to the tape to verify count, and score was really 2-2, and then I took the third game. Poor guy had his head in his hands for like 20 minutes afterwards. On top of that, the video proof supplied was being taken by my opponent's family.

Whales

Banned
GGs Flux. Sorta. 10 - 0'd is embarassing :\

Ill be back after I eat.

Edit: Is there some sort of crouch tech like tech in 5? I physically cannot react in time to tech tick throws. Blows me up every time.

dont worry too much about 10-0, flux double perfected my scrubby ass one time

Poor guy had his head in his hands for like 20 minutes afterwards. On top of that, the video proof supplied was being taken by my opponent's family.
l3fQjyWfkCKbdQVMI.gif

And also, this will be 6 OTs in a row where I'm at the top of the wall of shame, I believe. Fuck.

I had a crazy grand finals set yesterday. I came from winners and he bodied me the first set to reset the bracket. After reset, the games got miscounted and everyone thought I lost the second set 3-1.

One single guy said that was wrong so we played another game, which I won. Then they went to the tape to verify count, and score was really 2-2, and then I took the third game. Poor guy had his head in his hands for like 20 minutes afterwards. On top of that, the video proof supplied was being taken by my opponent's family.

lmao

Nice one! Reminds me of the time a Balrog player did an EX d+u k move (the armored one) and as Birdie, I did a st.mk xx V-Trigger and both of them hit and sent him flying lol.

Clearly, it's Akuma.

or costumes.

or
Sagat.

or
Gen.

or stages

or
MAHVEL

or
Capcom Cup announcements.

or
nothing.

probably nothing.

Skab

I don't expect anything, but I want it to be the classic costumes for Alex and Ibuki, and the classic Bison stage they showed at Evo.

With Bison standing on it

Then Akuma comes in and hits him with the Raging Demon.

Top Bottom