• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

JayEH

Im in northern VA. Connection with wonko felt ok for the most part and yeah...that armor knee had me shook lol.

JayEH

I'm trash at this game. I am way too aggressive and jump too much and I can't stop.

I was like this for a long time. I didn't get better about not jumping until I switched to Rog. Pretty much has to stand grounded for the most part and dash punches give me a way in without jumping. Who do you play? might help to switch characters for a bit.

Zackat

I was like this for a long time. I didn't get better about not jumping until I switched to Rog. Pretty much has to stand grounded for the most part and dash punches give me a way in without jumping. Who do you play? might help to switch characters for a bit.

yeah I am thinking about learning a charge character with no cross up. like urien or rog

it's like my first fighting game I am playing that isn't just mashing buttons, so idk how to play charge characters that well.

Neoxon

I swear this kid has not had a single consistent look between any two appearances in SFV/related media.
It's more of character development. The events of A Shadow Falls likely inspired Sean to man up in order to follow in Ken's footsteps.

Kashiwaba

We need more updates for this game as soon so possible lots of people are losing interest in the game and I'm getting there season 2 can't come any faster?

JayEH

GGs guys. Had a lot of fun. Was dropping so many combos there at the end though. I'll chalk it up to me being tired though lol.

Wonko_C

GGs, I gotta sleep to haul over to a retro game con tomorrow

GGs. I felt the gap becoming bigger with with each match. :p

I just got disconnected from the server, I guess that's my cue to call it quits too. It was my first time playing with fellow gaffers, I think I'll do it more often from now on, heh.

Edit. Sorry we got DCed in the middle of the match, bob. My internet likes to crap out from time to time.

You, go to sleep and take that damn pain in the ass Ryu with you! Fuck that guy. GGs as always. If Akuma drops, I'm gonna assume you will pick him up.

I know, lol! I usually am used to know how to counter Ryu because we all know how he plays but I couldn't get a read at all most of the time. I'll be watching those replays closely. >:)

Grifter

You, go to sleep and take that damn pain in the ass Ryu with you! Fuck that guy. GGs as always. If Akuma drops, I'm gonna assume you will pick him up.

The way they've been reworking characters, Akuma would be dope! I'm just playing Ryu cuz I'm exhausted all week and never get lab time. Old man basics!

Honestly, I'd say Bison is as bad as fang at this point in the game's life. At least fang still has some ambiguous set ups.

EDIT: Btw, is V-League working properly? Hasn't updated my stats in quite a while.

myco666

Hmmm dunno kinda random u still up?

Was already in bed. I guess we could try out some weekend how the connection is.

So how many EU players still post here? mnz, Farewell and me only? Haven't seen Rocky_Balboa or SeeNoWeevil here in ages.

Honestly, I'd say Bison is as bad as fang at this point in the game's life. At least fang still has some ambiguous set ups.

EDIT: Btw, is V-League working properly? Hasn't updated my stats in quite a while.

It sometimes does that. I once had entire week without updates while other players got updated regularly. I tweeted them about it and they got it working again.

You guys feel like you play better in long sessions, or short bursts?

I usually only get to play for half hour or so and I thought that maybe if I had a long session my game would improve as I'd get 'in the zone', but I played for hours last night and dropped 600 points, so that worked out well for me.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

I usually only get to play for half hour or so and I thought that maybe if I had a long session my game would improve as I'd get 'in the zone', but I played for hours last night and dropped 600 points, so that worked out well for me.

Well, since I never get to play anymore, long sessions help me more as I can eventually shake off rust and start feeling better. Last night was a good example. Played some GAF killers, and was losing left and right, but after did a random Battle Lounge against a Gold Ken and did really well and actually won our sets. Had definitely improved over the course of the night.

Long sets for sure. I feel like I play too impatiently and "do too much" if I start playing after a long time away from the game. After a little bit, I get back into the zone of playing more predictive and reactionary as compared to doing stuff just for the sake of it and being predictable.

I'm waaaaaay better at setplay than individual matches. Oftentimes I can feel myself getting better as I learn the opponent's idiosyncracies and 90% of the time I'll lose the first game just because I'm figuring out what I can get away with. Just last weekend I was playing against a strong local player in a FT10 and lost the first 9 before something clicked and I took 10 straight :p

It's so dumb Rage Quitters Still Rq when the penelty only apply within 2 hours. They can just wait and then comeback to avoid the penalty. I had one Balrog player (NoSaltyMsg) and then a Fang player Rq when they lost and did not get any Lp

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Also, I wanted to give a shout to the GAF SF community. You guys are fucking awesome. I play very sporadically nowadays and even when I played much more regularly, I was average at best, but GAF heads are always down to play me and don't mind that I'm not at their level. Anybody lurking this thread and is maybe thinking of jumping in and playing online and is too intimidated, don't be. You take your lumps but it will make you better and nobody here will shit talk you for your lack of skill. If anything, they will give you tips on what you should be doing and what to work on. Word.

All that said, fuck Ryu though.

Mr. X

Are they the setups where Nash throws a boom and then teleports behind you? I always get hit by those, and I think it's because you have to block the boom first sometimes and then change directions, but I could be super wrong.

Jump forward LP or LK will get you out of most of his raw boom teleport setups.

ArjanN

It's so dumb Rage Quitters Still Rq when the penelty only apply within 2 hours. They can just wait and then comeback to avoid the penalty. I had one Balrog player (NoSaltyMsg) and then a Fang player Rq when they lost and did not get any Lp

Ragequitting generally isn't really a rational decision. It's mostly a temper tantrum thing sore losers do when they're mad, so there'll always still be people that do it, no matter how high the penalty is.

Since we are at it Fuck Mika and her clap, also fuck Laura.
Laura really isn't that bad. With how bad her fireball, defense and anti airs are, I think having genuinely good offense to compensate isn't that bad. Granted, if you let her get in and don't know how to potentially deal with her mixups, I can see why she'd be easy to hate.
Slightly similar story with Mika, only she's better than Laura (yeah, I said it)
Jump forward LP or LK will get you out of most of his raw boom teleport setups.
Unless of course, they don't actually do a boom teleport setup, and instead you eat a CA/anti air into mixup on your way down.

Zackat

Laura really isn't that bad. With how bad her fireball, defense and anti airs are, I think having genuinely good offense to compensate isn't that bad. Granted, if you let her get in and don't know how to potentially deal with her mixups, I can see why she'd be easy to hate.
Slightly similar story with Mika, only she's better than Laura (yeah, I said it)
Unless of course, they don't actually do a boom teleport setup, and instead you eat a CA/anti air into mixup on your way down.
I've actually started to think Mika might be the character I should play. But nope fuck that.

Kashiwaba

My problem with Laura is she can basically punish every attack for Rashid all what Laura players have to do is wait for me to attack then guard and punish for me to beat Laura i have to get into Patience contest or just poke and run.

Hubb

I have people RQ on me in casuals and I'm pretty sure there is no penalty there. No idea why they do it, I just want my FM/EXP.

Why is it so hard to understand? It's RAGE quitting. They're angry. They want to say "FUCK YOU". It's the equivalent of trying to knock the controller/stick out of your hands when they RQ in casuals, they're trying to deny you the FM and EXP you deserve.

They know they lost. They know they got outplayed. They know they can't really blame it on anything. So they just lash out.

It's the purest form of online salt there is.

Hubb

It isn't hard to understand, and I do understand it. I should have worded my other post better. Capcom needs to figure out a way to deal with them better.

Top Bottom