• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotia

Banned
16508457_10155102037607147_1336418278338129851_n.png

Rufus is coming.

Oh shit, get hype!

You know what else would be hype? THE FUCKING NOSTALGIA COSTUMES! Y'know, when you're ready Capcom.

FluxWaveZ

At least many of them are plus. Mika has to live with stubby normals (excluding st.MK) which are all negative on block except for jabs and shorts. I wonder if her st.MP really warrants being -2.

Playing Balrog feels so liberating because everything is plus.

I hate the direction they're taking with some of these normals tbh

Nobody wants that shit either. What's the point of stubby normals? Is it to make rushdown more effective? If so, what's the point when offense is already favored and you have people like Ultrachen complaining that not enough playstyles are allowed?

Who is in favor of those normals? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

mbpm1

Nobody wants that shit either. What's the point of stubby normals? Is it to make rushdown more effective? If so, what's the point when offense is already favored and you have people like Ultrachen complaining that not enough playstyles are allowed?

Trump likes these normals

The design in this game has been based around casual play.

Yet they have a competitive pro season every year.

And the reason they released the game in a broken state is for the sake of that pro season.

Some of this stuff makes my head hurt.

Edzi

I hate the direction they're taking with some of these normals tbh

Seriously though, does anyone like this direction? I haven't heard anyone ever claim they want slow stubby normals, yet Capcom insists on giving that to us again and again.

ken & akuma's cr.MK are made of pure sadness

Akuma's cr. MK straight up looks like a cr. LK.

Seriously though, does anyone like this direction? I haven't heard anyone ever claim they want slow stubby normals, yet Capcom insists on giving that to us again and again.

I liked Alex because of his normals/neutral game.. then they neutered that lol rip

FluxWaveZ

I would have preferred the Kolin costume as a default instead of "Helen." At least it's probably going to be an alternate outfit.

Moaradin

I like the Helen outfit more than the Kolin one. At least based on the in-game models.

They'll probably get updated though.

MrCarter

The design in this game has been based around casual play.

Yet they have a competitive pro season every year.

And the reason they released the game in a broken state is for the sake of that pro season.

Some of this stuff makes my head hurt.

I think the gameplay is fine for the pros and considering the success of the CPT in its first year the decision to release it early wasn't too bad from that sense. Of course the gameplay is not perfect (no fighting game is in my opinion) in terms of balance but it's still very good in comparison to its past games in the franchise.

However, if they DID want to release the game early they should have made sure the content for casuals was there, and because it wasn't, that was when bad word-of-mouth started to spread. This year they need to rectify some of thier mistakes and try to stay consistent with content and features.

Kashiwaba

Switching characters between Rashid and Juri makes me head spin it's like when i use Rashid then go to Juri my reactions are still set for Rashid buttons and vice versa. I don't know how some people manage to play multiple characters at a very high level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom