• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompadour

I'm definitely in the "Looks like too much work to be a joke". That kind of animation isn't cheap.

I agree. Not to play armchair game developer but animation seems to be very expensive in fighting games. My only evidence is I see amazing character models created for PC fighting games by fans all the time. I never see fan made animations that are worth a shit.

HardRojo

Regarding the Arika video: I don't know what the first two Kanji mean in the lower right corner in the video and screens, but the rest basically reads "From April Fool's 2017" so I don't really know what they're going on about.
Edit: At least one of the kanji is the "ga" from "eiga", which means movie, so I'm guessing the text reads something like "This is a video from April Fool's 2017".

Edit 2: I AM A FOOL! It says right there in plain English that it is from April Fool's 2017 lol.

Did the game always load relatively fast compared to PS4 on PC or is it the new CFN? Feels really fast, especially the transition after match to main menue, compared to normal PS4.
Might get it during this sale.
You can buy individual characters on steam right? I only see the full season pass options in the steam store. I only need Ibuki :)

Did the game always load relatively fast compared to PS4 on PC or is it the new CFN? Feels really fast, especially the transition after match to main menue, compared to normal PS4.
You can buy individual characters on steam right? I only see the full season pass options in the steam store. I only need Ibuki :)

Loading was (and always has been) faster on PC, the new CFN beta is just even faster.

MCD250

You should be able to buy them individually, yeah. But you have to go through the in-game store rather than through the Steam storefront to find them.

Loading was (and always has been) faster on PC, the new CFN beta is just even faster.

You should be able to buy them individually, yeah. But you have to go through the in-game store rather than through the Steam storefront to find them.

Then I will buy it and play in 1080p low on my toaster.
No more unplugging my only ethernet cable from pc to ps4 and the tabbing out while searching for a match is a gamechanger..

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It's a real fake...real?

image.php

Neoxon

Probably fake. The Alpha series would take a huge overhaul to be remotely competitive again so I doubt they'd name it that and rebalance it. Plus, the person who made it is on a new account, so I doubt it's legit.

Tomorrow is just gonna be Ibuki/Alex costumes, SF2 Bison stage, and a preview of the new character/super vague hint. I don't expect much else tbh.
That wouldn't surprise me.

Y'know for as savage as Akuma is supposed to be and him rockin' a ghetto rope belt and all, he at least has the sense to have footwear in a New York subway. You're gonna catch something much worse than satsui no hado goin' barefoot there.

Pompadour

Y'know for as savage as Akuma is supposed to be and him rockin' a ghetto rope belt and all, he at least has the sense to have footwear in a New York subway. You're gonna catch something much worse than satsui no hado goin' barefoot there.

I always thought it was weird the hardass, animalistic Akuma was the only shoto to wear shoes.

Did they get the guy who made Ken's weird face to art for this game?

Actually, yes. Bengus dd do work on this according to the credits. And, probably making fun of his SF5 artwork with that troll Juri.

While I don't understand Japanese, those costumes for Juri, Ryu and Chun-Li look dope.

You can play it in English if you set the site to English before playing the game:
http://game.capcom.co.jp/cfn/sfv/?lang=en

Also, this game is making me want a new Rival Schools with guest SF characters. The artwork is slick.
WC3gKBE.png

hj2yjDx.png

vbxBlmS.png

Neoxon

Hopefully the Street Fighter Academy costumes come to SFV. Hell, add Street Fighter Academy itself to SFV as a bonus mode.

I've been enjoying the beta alot after that first maintenance period. Everythings real smooth now and i'm getting ranked matches at a much faster rate than before. The blacklist is great addition to weed out laggy players, too.

mbpm1

Man after months of not playing I'm getting blown up in the beta. Online warrior path is not for me.

would you say you are fighting c-tier opponents
Kappa

Hopefully the Street Fighter Academy costumes come to SFV. Hell, add Street Fighter Academy itself to SFV as a bonus mode.
just make a VN of Street Fighter Academy funded by the costs of people buying X stage

Village

It's actually Shin Necalli

I still think its evil ken.

This the year

this is the year I get the white fro

Also wouldn't Shin Necalli... just be the Trigger form all the time? Also I would be interested in seeing what all the school versions of all characters look like, i'm assuming nacalli is a football player,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom