• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww that sucks. But at least they are upfront BEFORE the month ends. And more corrections to the CFN is better than dropping another hot mess on us.

Wait, does this mean additional balance changes though?

lol I thought they would not release a character this month as the new CFN and balance would be too much for them to manage anything else, but to not manage any.... lol

That said part of me wonders if they are just delaying the balance patch for E-league

E-league was already going to be played on S2 no matter what.

Blueblur1

On Sunday night I started to consider the possibility that there's no character this month. John D might have said "soon" (on twitter last week) but that didn't specify anything. Seeing that we've had a character get delayed before - Ibuki - I personally don't doubt a scenario where the character is teased and/or revealed at the end of this month and released next month.

Damn, I guess I was right after all. At this point I'm ready to make another prediction:

New CFN, New Character, and Balance Update won't be released until June. Why? I expect CFN test to occur in 2-3 weeks followed by at least 2 weeks of additional development. That would take us right into June.

The timeline, as I understand it.

This week (probably) - New DLC character reveal
Next week - Costumes, stage, and maybe more content?
In the upcoming weeks - PC Beta for CFN changes, new character playable in this beta.
Final week of May (probably) - CFN, character, and balance patch drops.

The only thing that might change is the balance changes coming sooner, maybe, but who knows.

new char delayed, boo

Wonder how well the beta went for them that they're willing to extend it?

It had a few hitches where people could literally not find another person at the beginning. And maybe they actually took the feedback in and are improving things like loading times and shit like that.

I really hope they release more content this month to pad concerned people, because my Twitter is going off the rails.

Blueblur1

So the new character and CFN changes are coming out in May, but there's still unannounced stuff that will come out in April? Am I reading that right?

I wonder what that could be.

Its something big enough to get its own blog post. If X-Kira is to be believe [this time at least] it could be the second set of trials.

Devid905

Remember when I told you that unforeseen things may have come up in the CFN beta causing a push? Now you know why. New character is being revealed very soon, however.
How soon are we talking about here?

And also: what does the new DLC character have to do with the new CFN? lol.

New CFN, New Character, and Balance Update won't be released until June.

WeTotbz.gif

Capcom, get your shit together.

MrCarter

So the new character and CFN changes are coming out in May, but there's still unannounced stuff that will come out in April? Am I reading that right?

I wonder what that could be.

I actually think it's the small updates the stages have got or just more stage variations.

Shinriji

The beta wasn't a huge failure? When it was up, I remember that people complained a lot.

- Faster loading was marginal at best
- Slow matchmaking
- Same connection issues (Failed to send match results to server)

Numb

The beta wasn't a huge failure? When it was up, I remember that people complained a lot.

- Slow matchmaking

Couldn't find a single match and by the 3rd day couldn't even launch it

Ryce

what's X-Kira's track record?
  • Sagat as second season 2 character
  • Day/night/sunny/rainy options toggle for every single stage
  • Shin Akuma transformation as Akuma's V-Trigger
  • Dan's Dojo mode in 2016
  • V-Mode in late 2016, giving everyone new V-Skills, V-Triggers, and Critical Arts
  • Remake of Vega's SFII stage months ago
  • Arcade mode reveal at WonderCon (happened weeks ago)
The only thing he accurately predicted was a Dubai stage shortly before its reveal.

With that said, he is an actual data miner -- I believe he gave us our first look at the stage transitions that were patched in, so it's possible that the new trials actually exist. It's just that he lies about everything else.

MrCarter

- Slow matchmaking

If it was, wouldn't that imply they should do another Beta? Better to sort things out now before they release them.

• V-Mode in late 2016, giving everyone new V-Skills, V-Triggers, and Critical Arts
The only thing he accurately predicted was a Dubai stage shortly before its reveal.
WWE-Nash-laugh.gif

With that said, he is an actual data miner -- I believe he gave us our first look at the stage transitions that were patched in, so it's possible that the new trials actually exist. It's just that he lies about everything else.
That's pretty bad. One can't help but think he's just making stuff up at this point. If he isn't he needs to put serious hands on the person feeding him his intel, for continuously ruining his name and credibility.

BlizzKrut

Banned

It's been confirmed on the subreddit by another modder that they are real, they were in the files of the CFN Beta, it's just a matter of when.

But I have a feeling it still will.

Nah, if they are making another beta and delaying this shit, it means they are pretty real about getting stuff fixed.

Whatever was causing the issue in searching for games and giving that old ass error we haven't seen since like last year is what needs to be fixed. The loading times too.

I'd be real happy if they fixed one sided rollback. I'm not gonna get my hopes up, but hey you never know.

Possibly more balance changes in 2.1?

Possibly. Juri, Ryu, Nash, FANG, and Alex need a little more work (okay, Juri needs a lot of work). Balrog needs to get scaled down, and maybe Laura. But honestly, I'd like to see them mess with the system changes.

I know it sucks to have shit delayed, but I want this game to be as good as it can be. If they gotta push shit back, so be it.

Edzi

So, for some reason they've developed the new character in such a way that it's tied and dependant on the new CFN changes, and they're too shit at developing the CFN changes for them to be ready on time.

The developers they got for this game are terrible.

Village

So, for some reason they've developed the new character in such a way that it's tied and dependant on the new CFN changes, and they're too shit at developing the CFN changes for them to be ready on time.

The developers they got for this game are terrible.

IIRC its the same folks who made 4. Dimps

I was still a bit confused, thanks Sneakers for clearing this up.
Some DLC, including costumes, stages, and more will be launching on April 25. The patch with the season 2.1 balance update, CFN update, new character, + more goodies is launching in May now.

Btw, do you work with/at Capcom? Or do you have a Shinobi situation where you just know the developers and sometimes get/give feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom