• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
How soon are we talking about here?

And also: what does the new DLC character have to do with the new CFN? lol.

This is actually a very important question you asked, and is at the heart of as to why SFV's DLC can be so sporadic. The blog post alluded to this 'issue', but essentially, they push out updates as a part of a new build, and once the scope-set of a build is locked, its very hard to pull things out of it. They can add things to what is going to be a part of a push, but once its in there, spinning them out of it can prove to be very difficult.

Xeteh

Hey if we're calling in favors can we get Capcom to put Necalli's samurai skin back up on the store? I want to give them money but apparently they don't want it.

Pompadour

The new CFN beta is good news. While an improvement, the first beta had enough issues to make the new CFN feel more like a patch and not the "rebuilt from the ground up" solution they're promising.

I honestly don't care about the new character being delayed as long as the reveal is soon. There's a low chance I'd main them regardless. However, it'll suck if their release overlaps the Rev 2 release.

Village

I think I glitched the title system.
I unlocked a titled Via wins at level 30, and didn't actually get the title you get for reaching 30 with a character

Weird

This is actually a very important question you asked, and is at the heart of as to why SFV's DLC can be so sporadic. The blog post alluded to this 'issue', but essentially, they push out updates as a part of a new build, and once the scope-set of a build is locked, its very hard to pull things out of it. They can add things to what is going to be a part of a push, but once its in there, spinning them out of it can prove to be very difficult.
So this means that "smaller" updates would become easier to make?

Someone in the other topic mentioned they might be doing something different with the updates since they have a new CFN. I think the beta got a patch and it wasn't one of those in-game ones.

Maybe Laura should get a visit from the bat bros instead of getting stronger

Maybe a couple of visits.

Rog needs one too. Like every damn hour.

I was still a bit confused, thanks Sneakers for clearing this up.

Btw, do you work with/at Capcom? Or do you have a Shinobi situation where you just know the developers and sometimes get/give feedback.

Don't work at Capcom. Have lots of colleagues all over the industry though.

Blueblur1

WeTotbz.gif

Capcom, get your shit together.

Just my speculation! I could be totally wrong.

The netcode is fine aside from the desync lag issue. And since I've never seen Capcom acknowledge that shit even exists I'm not holding out for a fix.

nah this netcode trash

these servers trash

cfn can be as pretty as it wants, but if the online is still plays like a DBZ classic then miss me with that tbh

So this means that "smaller" updates would become easier to make?

No, it means that, lets say I have a build where the CFN Update & the new character are going to be launched in, and the CFN Update runs into issues and needs to be worked on more. Because the new character was part of that build, it becomes increasingly challenging to just spin out the new character from the CFN Update, rather than just launching the build they are both being worked on when they're ready.

Just my speculation! I could be totally wrong.
Won't be June. Character 4 should be launching in June still, however.

MCD250

Since we're putting in requests, I was gonn ask that they give Cammy a crush counter that doesn't whiff on crouchers, but even that feels greedy given how strong she is tbh.

I wonder if this means the netplay is gonna be delay-based instead of rollback

I'll quit playing online if that's the case. Though they should be taking care of the goddamn rollback. Literally fix that Capcom and we good.

Since we're putting in requests, I was gonn ask that they give Cammy a crush counter that doesn't whiff on crouchers, but even that feels greedy given how strong she is tbh.

She's already robust!

No, it means that, lets say I have a build where the CFN Update & the new character are going to be launched in, and the CFN Update runs into issues and needs to be worked on more. Because the new character was part of that build, it becomes increasingly challenging to just spin out the new character from the CFN Update, rather than just launching the build they are both being worked on when they're ready.
Aaahh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up!

Blueblur1

These additional balance changes
Possibly more balance changes in 2.1?

I read that line as simple referring to the 2.1 balance changes which are additional to the original Season 2 balance changes. Check out the preceding sentences.

Also, closely tied to the new CFN are the new Season 2 Balance Updates and the next Season 2 DLC Character. For the full list of balance changes, check out our previous blogpost here. These additional balance changes

Aaahh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up!

As a historical aside - this was why Ibuki got delayed last year; the build she was meant to launch in also had much of the asset set from the cinematic story mode. Since that was running behind, that meant the build she was meant to launch in was also running behind, which is why she ultimately got pushed to when she did.

mbpm1

As a historical aside - this was why Ibuki got delayed last year; the build she was meant to launch in also had much of the asset set from the cinematic story mode. Since that was running behind, that meant the build she was meant to launch in was also running behind, which is why she ultimately got pushed to when she did.

that's unfortunate. Not sure what they can actually do there

tbh the delay is a good thing tho.

they definitely had to let some of those new animations cook a bit longer because that Cammy air throw looks like it was done by a child

Pompadour

The one sided rollback is a HUGE issue though.

Yeah, it's bad, but I feel like it's the kind of issue that people can believe is more widespread than it actually is. If you're playing a fighting game online and it's a little laggy most people don't give a shit because that's the nature of the beast. If you're playing SFV online and it's a little laggy and you're getting bopped then suddenly you're 100% sure your opponent's connection is fine while you take the lag.

Edzi

Yeah, it's bad, but I feel like it's the kind of issue that people can believe is more widespread than it actually is. If you're playing a fighting game online and it's a little laggy most people don't give a shit because that's the nature of the beast. If you're playing SFV online and it's a little laggy and you're getting bopped then suddenly you're 100% sure your opponent's connection is fine while you take the lag.

That's only Zombegoast. For me, the issue is more about never really knowing if your wins are legit, because I've run into plenty of gaffers who weren't feeling any lag while my side was pretty bad. It's common enough that it really taints the multiplayer experience.

mbpm1

That's only Zombegoast.

Zombegoast takes all the one-sided rollback so we don't have to. The hero we need and deserve.

For me, the issue is more about never really knowing if your wins are legit, because I've run into plenty of gaffers who weren't feeling any lag while my side was pretty bad. It's common enough where it really taints the multiplayer experience.

Like...is my normal/special actually spaced so people aren't able to punish it, or is it just 1 frame of lag preventing it from being punishable? I've definitely had some fuckery where I can't actually confirm I hit someone and cancel into a v-trigger, so everytime somebody misses something, anywhere, i start wondering if it's rollback.

Season 2 pass holders must be feeling something right now.

Feeling what? They're still getting all the content that was promised them this year. The character release time-table wasn't even known when the Character Pass 2017 went on sale. And while its unfortunate that its getting pushed to May, its not like the rest of the character time-table has changed as a result.

As a player of the game, i'm more alleviated that Capcom isn't going to release something in a sub-par state, especially when its something as vital to the game as the CFN/Netcode implementation.

Sucks that there's a delay, but honestly I am happy that they are putting in the work to get CFN to where it needs to be. Hopefully the delay is not long and it will be worth the wait.

The only way Byron is going to be good is if he's like A Team level ham and has a theme like that. ANd someone mentioned Marduk from SFxT so yeah play like that and maybe Capcom can get away with it.

Maybe.

But I sure as fuck won't spend money on that SP.

Numb

The only way Byron is going to be good is if he's like A Team level ham and has a theme like that. ANd someone mentioned Marduk from SFxT so yeah play like that and maybe Capcom can get away with it.

Maybe.

But I sure as fuck won't spend money on that SP.

As long as he isn't as slow as Marduk
I had to remove him from my team with King because they made him a tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom