• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Necalli's color 15 on his default is awesome but I'll never get to level 50. Shame that battle lounge doesn't give exp.

I use nealli and its going to take a while
one because i use other people, using a lot of rog atm
but two because the only way to get a meaningful amount off EXP, is to grind survival.
And i've been doing survival a bit more because I wanna buy colors, and that is murdering my soul.

And the idea, of doing survival with urien at level 36, and only getting 2 or one or less than one level for doing 100 matches of survival will literally kill me

A man in maryland will have died for Street Fighter

Xeteh

A LOT of people would have gotten to level 50 and above with their characters much sooner if battle lounges did give exp.

which is exactly why they don't.

Yeah, I get why it isn't a thing. It'd be abused as well, just fighting the same person over and over again with the turbo button on. Its really the only way I play SF, though so its why I'm still only 21 with Necalli.

Stop lying
I try to play other fighting games but keep coming back to this one cause I have no other games to play. KI was the ONLY other alternative and I stopped enjoying that game once the incredibly horrid balance issues became apparent to me. It simply stopped being fun to play for me.

One major factor is the online. This game is sadly the only fighting game on PS4 that I can consistently play online. But T7 and IJ2 are both games that I have been looking forward to for a while and both of them are going to have much more stable and consistent online as compared to SFV.

This game has NOTHING going for it. My character is garbage and my other character is also garbage. FANG is underwhelming as hell and he's gonna stay that way for the rest of the year and I don't see him getting better. Actual improvements to the game are being made at a snail's pace, one-sided rollback is still gonna be an issue, DLC is still gonna be overpriced, FM is still gonna be way too tough to come by even with the stupid weekly missions.

I am just sick and fucking tired of this game and have felt this way for quite a while. Every single time I come back to this game, I think to myself "GOD, I wish I could play Tekken 7 right now".

Just 3 weeks to go and Injustice 2 will finally be playable for me.

Tried playing SFV for the first time in a while last night and it was new costume after new costume all night. It goes to show that people will respond when you put actual good stuff out. If there were bundles I bet no one would be using the defaults for anyone. The only outfits I missed last night were the CPT Chun and School Ryu costumes. Strange because Ryu's shirtless variant of the Ryu costume is S1 Chun tier.

In related news... I wish Capcom would allow us to choose costume variants at character select. Then we wouldn't have to press buttons before a match. I flub the input way too often. Ultimately it feels good to play Alex without having to look at Capcom's horrible hairdo work.

*thumbs up*
Remember how they added flags for the host of the battle lounge so you know what region they're from?

It's gonna take them 15 months to have that added after release.

Just saying, the devs have their priorities straight.
Can't believe it took them so long to add this in the first place.
Necalli's color 15 on his default is awesome but I'll never get to level 50. Shame that battle lounge doesn't give exp.
Double LP and FM weekends would be far better. It doesn't have to be both at the same time either. Separating the two and offering other stuff like character weekends for a single DLC character at time would be great for getting people online more often. Capcom just phoned it in in regards to the fight money system. The ranking system as it is doesn't do much for me either.

In related news... I wish Capcom would allow us to choose costume variants at character select. Then we wouldn't have to press buttons before a match. I flub the input way too often. Ultimately it feels good to play Alex without having to look at Capcom's horrible hairdo work.

You can do it in between rounds and rematches as well. Not just before a match.

Numb

I try to play other fighting games but keep coming back to this one cause I have no other games to play. KI was the ONLY other alternative and I stopped enjoying that game once the incredibly horrid balance issues became apparent to me. It simply stopped being fun to play for me.

One major factor is the online. This game is sadly the only fighting game on PS4 that I can consistently play online. But T7 and IJ2 are both games that I have been looking forward to for a while and both of them are going to have much more stable and consistent online as compared to SFV.

This game has NOTHING going for it. My character is garbage and my other character is also garbage. FANG is underwhelming as hell and he's gonna stay that way for the rest of the year and I don't see him getting better. Actual improvements to the game are being made at a snail's pace, one-sided rollback is still gonna be an issue, DLC is still gonna be overpriced, FM is still gonna be way too tough to come by even with the stupid weekly missions.

I am just sick and fucking tired of this game and have felt this way for quite a while. Every single time I come back to this game, I think to myself "GOD, I wish I could play Tekken 7 right now".

Just 3 weeks to go and Injustice 2 will finally be playable for me.

I see where you are coming from
All those games will also have better online and companies that actually support them well too

So that you don't get salty make sure to pick a top tier. Or choose from a pool of the people you are interested in and pick the strongest :rollsafe:

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Double LP and FM weekends would be far better. It doesn't have to be both at the same time either. Separating the two and offering other stuff like character weekends for a single DLC character at time would be great for getting people online more often. Capcom just phoned it in in regards to the fight money system. The ranking system as it is doesn't do much for me either.

I hope this game eventually gets to a state where it doesn't feel like we're constantly waiting for something.

I hope this game eventually gets to a state where it doesn't feel like we're constantly waiting for something.

Once the CFN update comes, I'll be happy. After that it's just minor stuff like a few extra modes and balance changes, but my biggest issue is the online. They fix that, and most my list is complete. Only wishlist stuff remains.

Oh, and characters like Sagat. Holy fuck give me Sagat.

Sch1sm

Once the CFN update comes, I'll be happy. After that it's just minor stuff like a few extra modes and balance changes, but my biggest issue is the online. They fix that, and most my list is complete. Only wishlist stuff remains.

This is all I really need, first to anything else, because all I do is play online with it. Most significant thing for me.

Wish they'd get rid of the connectivity bar symbols, too, since they mean nothing.

Hopefully the CFN update will actually live up to our expectations.

This is all I really need, first to anything else, because all I do is play online with it. Most significant thing for me.

Wish they'd get rid of the connectivity bar symbols, too, since they mean nothing.

They don't even mean anything to the game. If someone has five bars by the time you find them, it doesn't mean it'll hold true through the match. But ahh, that's more of a problem from people using fucking dogshit wifi.

Ucchedavāda;235080103 said:
Hopefully the CFN update will actually live up to our expectations.

When I was in a match in the beta, it was fine. They just gotta make sure the matchmaking and the errors don't persist.

When I was in a match in the beta, it was fine. They just gotta make sure the matchmaking and the errors don't persist.

I only got to play the last beta pretty close to it shutting down, and got bored waiting for a ranked match when I tried. But creating a lobby got me a steady stream of locals, so I am optimistic about the impact of working country flags even if nothing else improves.

Shadoken

This so much. I honestly dont know who came up with the brilliant idea of drip feeding us 6 characters every year for 5 years ( If we ever reach that point ).

They should have frontloaded the important characters to the earlier Seasons. And then later focussed on adding Balance updates,modes or features and character or two here and there. Kinda Like how Dota 2 does.

This feeling of constantly waiting for something is just gonna get people to leave not stay.

Eh~ thats the thing with SF now; Things are coming, guaranteed. With Super, AE, & Ultra, we didn't know that more was coming until it was announced that it was coming. It would've been nice. We speculated what we would want and what we'd like to see. But we didn't know.

SFV is a different beast because the intention to support it for a long time has already been made, so the audience following it knows that more is coming. If not Ed, then all the other content thats on the way, whether its cosmetic DLC we know is coming (Nostalgia costumes, CPT 2017 bundle content, etc.) or larger stuff like modes or the base game being updated.

I'm not saying one method is better than the other. I think there is absolutely room for a debate in the piece-meal approach to ongoing support versus a sort of inclusive value-pack; like a middle point between the content refresh that Super & Ultra provided & what AE delivered. Other games also are going about their post launch support in their own way.

I feel like this gives me something to look forward to. Also each character gets their own time to shine when released.

Okay, so one of the bad sides I want to bring up for the drip-feed vs. content drop debate is that, the drip-feed method actually hinders character 'tech' and characters being showcased in competitive tournaments for much longer than the content drop method.

Take Ibuki & Urien for instance. Came out later in the year and we didn't really see much of them in competitive play for 3-4 months until after they launched. It wasn't until RB started doing what he did with Urien in late-2016 that we actually saw him at majors. A similar thing is happening to Kolin right now - she is being slept on massively, but I personally feel her kit in the right hands is one of the strongest in the game right now. Its just gonna take time to practice her. We should see some strong examples of Kolin starting in June or July.

At least when you're getting bunch of content/characters dropping at once, players are progressing their tech with the new cast at the same time, so we see all of them start popping up in competitively play around the same time as well.

Pompadour

This so much. I honestly dont know who came up with the brilliant idea of drip feeding us 6 characters every year for 5 years ( If we ever reach that point ).

They should have frontloaded the important characters to the earlier Seasons. And then later focussed on adding Balance updates,modes or features and character or two here and there. Kinda Like how Dota 2 does.

This feeling of constantly waiting for something is just gonna get people to leave not stay.

God, that sounds awful. Characters are the best, most hype-inducing part of fighting games. It feels like you're specifically wanting SFV to have less people care about it.

Plus, characters are clearly the most development intensive aspect of the game so expecting 10 character or so seasons is unrealistic.

kirblar

The dripfeed hasn't really been working on the gameplay front. Cosmetic content dripfeeding is great, but new characters really should be a twice yearly thing in bunches. When a new character drops and you don't like it, you don't have much excitement.

The dripfeed hasn't really been working on the gameplay front. Cosmetic content dripfeeding is great, but new characters really should be a twice yearly thing in bunches. When a new character drops and you don't like it, you don't have much excitement.

In bunches? Imagine waiting six months to get a new character because the original set is booty. Ew.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Sounds like a choice between definitely waiting 6 months for a character you'll like versus possibly waiting 6 months for a character you'll like as the worst case scenario.

I think I'd opt for the way it is now.

kirblar

Sounds like a choice between definitely waiting 6 months for a character you'll like versus possibly waiting 6 months for a character you'll like as the worst case scenario.

I think I'd opt for the way it is now.
I feel like right now there's just not enough content coming out on a continuous basis to justify the dripfeed model. You gotta keep the hype up. More characters, more skins, etc. are really needed right now.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Eh~ thats the thing with SF now; Things are coming, guaranteed. With Super, AE, & Ultra, we didn't know that more was coming until it was announced that it was coming. It would've been nice. We speculated what we would want and what we'd like to see. But we didn't know.

SFV is a different beast because the intention to support it for a long time has already been made, so the audience following it knows that more is coming. If not Ed, then all the other content thats on the way, whether its cosmetic DLC we know is coming (Nostalgia costumes, CPT 2017 bundle content, etc.) or larger stuff like modes or the base game being updated.

I'm not saying one method is better than the other. I think there is absolutely room for a debate in the piece-meal approach to ongoing support versus a sort of inclusive value-pack; like a middle point between the content refresh that Super & Ultra provided & what AE delivered. Other games also are going about their post launch support in their own way.

I'd really just like a decent QoL update. Fix the lingering issues for the core product. I don't mind waiting for characters and stages and whatever other supplemental content.

Ardenyal

They could do the Overwatch model of releasing three characters a year and fan service skins alongside events wrapped in DLC lootboxes.

I'm pretty happy with the current model tbh

kirblar

It's just more that there's way too much downtime between content updates, news updates, costumes, etc. They need to space out better.

VariantX

I'd really just like a decent QoL update. Fix the lingering issues for the core product. I don't mind waiting for characters and stages and whatever other supplemental content.

Yep. I'd much prefer things likes better and faster matchmaking, faster load times, region filters, elimination of one sided rollback. Those things are the moment to moment stuff that easily grate on what would be an otherwise great experience. It would overshadow any hype a new character would bring if im always irritated with the small stuff that never gets addressed.

It'd be better if they didn't just do news on the months in between. Kinda like dropping a mode on us during the info months. And now that things got delayed it makes it worse.

Things will get better once the CFN stuff is outta the way. Then they won't have as many issues to take care of.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I feel like right now there's just not enough content coming out on a continuous basis to justify the dripfeed model. You gotta keep the hype up. More characters, more skins, etc. are really needed right now.
I agree that their support feels half-assed even though we just got a bunch of stuff. Seems like there could be a lot more, but maybe they have some concerns about oversaturating the marketplace. You know that if they did release a lot more stuff people would just whine about how much money's worth of DLC there is and how you can't possibly earn enough in game currency to get it all.

You can do it in between rounds and rematches as well. Not just before a match.
Yeah, I still flub it regularly even then. It's the light kick button that causes me to mess up on pad.
This is SFV's natural state. They're going to have a lot to fix come SF6 (lol).
It's kinda hard to get excited when the only way to experience the character without paying is likely watching them on streams. Normally I wouldn't spend real or fight money on Guile, but the early days of SFV when Alex and Guile were free made me interested enough in him to take the plunge. After trying Balrog (another guy I've never used in SF) during the April beta I actually warmed up to him and would like to buy him now.
In bunches? Imagine waiting six months to get a new character because the original set is booty. Ew.
I thought this was season 2 aside from Akuma already for many people.
It's just more that there's way too much downtime between content updates, news updates, costumes, etc. They need to space out better.
The spacing of the characters is fine imo. They obviously screwed up with the nostalgia alts, but that is whatever too. The way they've handled the character DLC is kinda suboptimal imo. Free Guile, Kolin, Balrog, Alex (etc.) weekends would be a perfectly good way to raise activity once or so a month. SFV DLC is expensive, but free weekends once in a while would be a nice way to get people to check out characters they might not buy otherwise. Good luck getting Japan's money guys to approve something like that, though.
I agree that their support feels half-assed even though we just got a bunch of stuff. Seems like there could be a lot more, but maybe they have some concerns about oversaturating the marketplace. You know that if they did release a lot more stuff people would just whine about how much money's worth of DLC there is and how you can't possibly earn enough in game currency to get it all.
Which brings us back to stuff like double FM weekends and such. They need to figure out ways to increase the online population by giving them something to do and stuff to buy. This month has been good in that regard, but we'e eventually going to head right back into a desert soon enough.

Also, when it comes to the money just do bundles and actual sales. This isn't rocket science, Capcom. There should be plenty of ways for them to make money without putting us in virtual hydraulic press. :/

I thought this was season 2 aside from Akuma already for many people.

Well, we've only had Kolin besides Akuma lol. And even if Ed was supposed to come out in April, he might end up better than we think. And besides, Kolin isn't even bad. She's just meant for a more technical style of play.

Is it me or has online been really bad since the update

I've had maybe one error in the past few days. Otherwise it's people with shitty connections dicking about.

Femto.

Outside of the CFN overhaul and reducing the input lag.

I'd be fine if they released more cosmetic stuff every month to be quite honest. Capcom seems to have a hard time doing even that though.

mitchlol

Agreed, I'd rather get a massive content patch at the start of the year, like 6 characters and be able to see how the community learn the characters all at once, it would also give us a chance to see some of those characters at EVO, now the chances of seeing Ed in Evo top 64 are basically non existent...If someone told me there was 6 employees working at Capcom on SFV right now I wouldn't even be surprised. They can't even stick to their own content drop once a month like they promised...

Ardenyal

Agreed, I'd rather get a massive content patch at the start of the year, like 6 characters and be able to see how the community learn the characters all at once, it would also give us a chance to see some of those characters at EVO, now the chances of seeing Ed in Evo top 64 are basically non existent...If someone told me there was 6 employees working at Capcom on SFV right now I wouldn't even be surprised. They can't even stick to their own content drop once a month like they promised...

If everything was released in one chunk we would have just got the season 1 characters a few months ago. The gimped versions. The ones that everyone would ignore come EVO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom