• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueblur1

I was expecting Sagat along with Akuma. Flash had told locals that Akuma & Sagat were coming a couple months ahead of Capcom Cup. When only Akuma showed up in December we were all left scratching our heads.

He said that out openly - plus its been a few months - so I figure I can post it.

Ryce

Idk that Ryce theory, I don't think Alpha I think Final Fight. Capcom has had a Final Fight new comer since the Alpha games too.
Yeah, but the only playable Final Fight bosses in Street Fighter, Sodom and Rolento, originated in Alpha. I'm not saying these characters need strong ties to the source games, just something to connect them thematically. I think Abigail being the leader of a reformed Mad Gear Gang (he was their original enforcer) with Rolento and Sodom at his side would be enough of an Alpha link.

I was expecting Sagat along with Akuma. Flash had told locals that Akuma & Sagat were coming a couple months ahead of Capcom Cup. When only Akuma showed up in December we were all left scratching our heads.

He said that out openly - plus its been a few months - so I figure I can post it.
Your biggest mistake was taking something Flash said at face value.

Lulubop

Huh. SFV threads are becoming *almost* readable on gaming side.

Arcade mode reveal thread gonna be lit

Yeah, but the only playable Final Fight bosses in Street Fighter, Sodom and Rolento, originated in Alpha. I'm not saying these characters need strong ties to the source games, just something to connect them thematically. I think Abigail being the leader of a reformed Mad Gear Gang (he was their original enforcer) with Rolento and Sodom at his side would be enough of an Alpha link.

But Hugo in 3 and Poison in 4, they just want to put in FF characters because that's what they do now imo. That's more a long the lines I'm thinking if they add Abigail, not the Alpha games. I think the 5th or 6th character may even be a RS character, since it seems to be canon in-universe now.

Numb

Next season maybe

Femto.

Here are his inputs/move list:
08_edmoves01.jpg

Heyoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo~

Now that's a damn battle costume. A++++++++

And hoodie fans should be happy too. An extremely solid first set of three outfits.

Holy shit that open shirt alt. Hours is going to go nuts
Hours Left, post if you're OK.
I'm really feeling it!

Hmm that design was no mistake.

Hours Left. Capcom have fully (and I mean fully) catered to you. You can stop requesting swimwear costumes for the guys now lol.
???

Never. Ed is magnificent but that doesn't negate the fact that the men of Street Fighter are still starved on a whole when it comes to fun, fanservice alts, and just design attention in general.

Everyone should get to take part, and I'll keep pushing for it until it happens. :)

No he shouldn't.

#NeverEnoughBeefCakes
👍👍👍

Ganyc

I hope Sakura never happens again
We already got 2 school girls

I know i just said ingrid but she is magical

After Sakura there will be Ingrid.

Then school uniforms for all characters so we can change the name to Rival Schools

Reizo's gonna make the new thread. He might be busy right now or he might not be ready to put the new thread up. We can keep this thread going for now, I don't think there's a hard limit to how many posts can be in one thread.

But naturally the sooner the new thread goes up the better.

Blueblur1

John D has made it appear that E3 will have something. I tweeted at Bornfree about hoping for something new for SFV at E3 and John liked it. Then he told Bornfree and Michael martin that they should go to E3. I also had a back and forth convo with Bornfree about the stuff at last year's E3 (Cinematic Story Mode, Balrog, new nighttime alternate stages) which I'm sure John saw.

New MvC:I stuff is a given but I don't doubt a showing of new SFV stuff. Could be just June's update or something larger.

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary?

Biggest gaming Press Conference of the year?

Of course there's gonna be a big blowout of SFV info. I just hope it's good.

I personally would love to see them offer more customization options, like the Premium Skins options I gave earlier in the thread.

Skilletor

John D has made it appear that E3 will have something. I tweeted at Bornfree about hoping for something new for SFV at E3 and John liked it. Then he told Bornfree and Michael martin that they should go to E3. I also had a back and forth convo with Bornfree about the stuff at last year's E3 (Cinematic Story Mode, Balrog, new nighttime alternate stages) which I'm sure John saw.

New MvC:I stuff is a given but I don't doubt a showing of new SFV stuff. Could be just June's update or something larger.

I said to a friend that I hope we get a trailer for "Super" SF5 or whatever they'll call it at E3.

I better be on the Final Bosses list in the new thread.
dont you gotta play the game to be a boss? :)

deejay incoming.

What do you guys think of the concept of "Premium Skins" for this game?

A skin that not only changes the look of the character but also the look of some special moves.

I'm imagining Violent Ken as a Premium Skin. Some slight ambient purple particle effects on the character, change the skin (obviously), add a filter to the voice (like Nightmare Geese in KoF XIV) and finally make all the fire effects purple. Evil Ryu would work similarly.

Also imagining Heel Rainbow Mika. Not just change the skin, but also change Nadeshiko entirely too, making her look completely different. Maybe add a particle effect to her command grab or something?

Expanding on my Premium Skin idea.The Patriot skin for Guile. Adds a cape to his outfit that has a drawing of a Bald Eagle. His booms are now red,white and blue. When he combs his hair in his post-win screen, small Red/White/Blue fireworks happen in the background.

Bionic Commando skin for Balrog. Replaces his arms with Bionic arms. Only gameplay changes are that he says BIOONNIIIICCC AAARRRRRMMMM in his CA instead of whatever he says now.

Gentleman skin for Birdie. Balrog is now dressed like an Aristocrat. He throws a bottle of wine on the floor instead of a can.

Maybe the bar should be raised to diamond level for the bosses
As an Ultra-plat, I'm fine with this.

LakeEarth

The move list doesn't show if different button combinations (LP+MP, LP+HP) do different things. This matters, as I have a tough time with face+shoulder button presses on a pad, and config doesn't let you map certain combinations of two-button press.

MCD250

Well, E3 should be right around the time when the new character after Ed would be revealed (unless Ed's delay domino'd all the stuff that is supposed to come after him), so it'd make sense to have a build of the game with the new character there.

OT8 is coming in a couple hours.

Wait, where's Reizo? His favourite character's ultra just got stolen.

It hurts :[.

For real though Ed looks pretty great and this just means decapre will use her way more sexy ultra 2 ;].

Also I know edzi, skilletor and zombegoast are platinum level, but I forgot your cfn's so post them again pls, if there's anyone else that I missed please post your cfn's as well.

LakeEarth

Maybe the bar should be raised to diamond level for the bosses
As a plat, I agree that I don't belong on the list (though I am grateful that I was ever on there). I think ultra-plat would be a better line to draw, but I'll leave that up to the next OP maker.

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary?

Biggest gaming Press Conference of the year?

Of course there's gonna be a big blowout of SFV info. I just hope it's good.

I personally would love to see them offer more customization options, like the Premium Skins options I gave earlier in the thread.

Would be cool a PS4 ports of old games (3s, Hd remix, 3SO)

Numb

As an Ultra-plat, I'm fine with this.

I am down for outfits that change looks and specials colors
They could even have different super(ofc has to have same damage,range,oki etc)

Gief could have new animations

King got that Rainmaker outfit which is sick but also gives him a different super and some different animations for when certain throws land

But wait this is capcom
They cheap out on everything
But they do go in on dlc outfits so....

also mods

Meanwhile Akuma will keep me in Silver for ever.

Do you have problems with any other games?

What are your experiences like playing people locally?

I mean, usually SFV's servers can be butt, but if you are like luce it might be a service provider thing fucking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom