• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Onemic

Rog got buffed?

Balrog

Turn Punch

① Level 1 - 6 Motion: Added throw invincibility for frames 1-18F.

② Level 1 - 3 Motion: Changed to upper body and projectile invincibility from frames 3-18F.

③ Level 4 - 6 Motion: Changed to attack and projectile invincibility from frames 3-18F.

④ Level 7 - 10 (Final) Motion: Changed to complete invincibility from frames 1-18F

Actually, nah, i shouldn't bitch about TAP being altered. They could have done more, but again, that's a move that feels fucking unfair and now people can counter it more effectively at any level its on.

Is it a nerf though?
It getting better throw invincibility now (frame 1-18 instead of 3-18).

What am I missing?

Wallach

Actually, nah, i shouldn't bitch about TAP being altered. They could have done more, but again, that's a move that feels fucking unfair and now people can counter it more effectively at any level its on.

What actually changed, though? I'm pretty sure everything listed there is already applicable to the existing TAP, as explained here.

Ucchedavāda;238037037 said:
Is it a nerf though?
It getting better throw invincibility now (frame 1-18 instead of 3-18).

What am I missing?

This is confusing. Here's what Brian F found about TAP

Level 1 - 3:
- Throw invincible frames 1-18
- Upper body invincible frames 3-18
- Invincibility runs out 8 frames before it hits
Level 4 - 6:
- Throw invincible frames 1-18
- Fully invincible frames 3-18
Level 7 - 10:
- Fully invincible frames 1-18

But the patch notes are

① Level 1 - 6 Motion: Added throw invincibility for frames 1-18F.

② Level 1 - 3 Motion: Changed to upper body and projectile invincibility from frames 3-18F.

③ Level 4 - 6 Motion: Changed to attack and projectile invincibility from frames 3-18F.

④ Level 7 - 10 (Final) Motion: Changed to complete invincibility from frames 1-18F

Fugg I have no idea.

Wait, so does that mean he can be thrown in TAP 7-10?

Onemic

This is confusing. Here's what Brian F found about TAP

But the patch notes are

Fugg I have no idea.

Ya, it's most definitely a buff.

Added throw invincibility to the first frame of level 1-6 TAP and made level 7 and up TAP completely invincible.

Harrison made it look confusing as hell

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Yooooooo

I hope it isn't banned. Who gives a fuck if Vega can do that, seriously?

Seems like all this does is give Vega's opponent like 5 additional seconds to prepare their anti-air. Maybe it has an upside for Vega, too, we'll see.

I was excited to see the monthly targets encouraging a lot more ranked play (I need big FM payouts to overcome my fear of losing points) but then I remembered it's for suckers (I mean CPT Premiere Pass owners) only.

Wallach

Ya, it's most definitely a buff.

Added throw invincibility to the first frame of level 1-6 TAP and made level 7 and up TAP completely invincible.

Harrison made it look confusing as hell

Both of these are already properties of the existing TAP though. I honestly have no idea what the patch notes are even trying to communicate.

So he can't be thrown on the first frame.

What in the fuck.

Capcom PLEASE.

Both of these are already properties of the existing TAP though. I honestly have no idea what the patch notes are even trying to communicate.

Praying that this heathen didn't get real buffs and Harrison uploaded the wrong shit.

I finally decided to get off my butt and attend a local tournament this weekend but work just told me I'll be on-call that day so I need to stay home. I really need to get some in-person practice in if I want to go to some majors this summer.

mbpm1

Capcom needs to buff their patch notes if Rog's TAP has always been that way

Either way, Sim got some buffs. I dreamed I was playing Sim today, maybe I should do that

Since i was banned for 3 weeks...
I don't like Ed..
-The Simple inputs are nice but it comes at a cost.
-Combos only link at close range with specials.
-Some combos don't have a 100% success rate even at close range, might be a bug..
-Character needs to go back to the drawing boards.
He's not for me...

Also during my ban I drop Alex for my old main Vega after playing Vega for most of the beta, Vega gonna be OP whenever the patch drops lol....

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
praying vega can wall-cling for several seconds so that it can be an infuriating timer scam like god intended

MrCarter

I'm just glad the big CFN update is hitting and with both Thailand and Spain stages! Can't wait to hear the remix of the Spain theme.

Wallach

praying vega can wall-cling for several seconds so that it can be an infuriating timer scam like god intended

I'm definitely curious if he is fully invincible like the old cheap shit he was during wall-cling. That would be such a glorious timer scam, just side-eyeing you from the wall.

First they brought me back to my one true main cammy with the new colours, now my one true #2 gets a delicious gimmick on top of even more delicious buffs...
Cammy/vega has been restored.

Seriously, what the fuck is up with Crapcom? Why would you nerf passion press FURTHER? It's literally garbage now.

Qa5Bu39.png

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Can't you jump hit him out of it?

As far as I can tell the blog post just said vega can climb the fence and posted the gif, so idk. I'm going to assume you can, but it would be glorious if you just had to wait while vega crawled around up there like an absolute troll for however long the wall-cling lasts

Alright

Nostalgia Costume
Region Filter
Ping Filter
Nash getting his Cr.MP back and buffed his Jump normals
Throw loops removed
Whiff Throw recovery nerfed
Jab AA removed

Yup, everything is there

Damn. I shouldn't have splurged on new colors and a stupid profile theme.

At least with the 50k bonus I shouldn't need much more to buy both the Spain and Thailand stage, and I should still have some trials left to finish for extra FM. But my save-game also got overwritten recently, so I am not sure what I have beaten already.

I just need to do it before the 30th, so that I can grab them on day 1. Not taking any chances this time.

Top Bottom