• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V RUMOR: Sagat and Sakura are in, Oro, Viper, Necro and Q are not

CO_Andy

EventScrubs said:
Rumor: Sagat and Sakura headed to SF5, Oro, Viper, Necro and Q 'won't make it to Season 3' says reliable EventHubs user, Flowtron

More unofficial news on the Street Fighter 5 front today as one of our users here on EventHubs has allegedly leaked more information about the game's upcoming DLC characters.

Back in late May, a reader by the name of Flowtron claimed to leak the identities of the remaining Season 2 characters.

They listed them as Abigail, who is looking extremely likely right now, Menat and Zeku. While we're waiting to see if these come to fruition, we do know that the EH user correctly called Ed before his release, and even went as far as to explain that he would be bigger and buffer than in his Story Mode appearance.

Flowtron has now made references to Season 3 characters for SF5, claiming that both Sagat and Sakura will become part of the cast, though they will be very much unlike their respective iterations from Street Fighter 4.

Furthermore, the info leaker has stated that Oro, C. Viper, Q and Necro will not be coming in the game's third season.
No Oro would be really surprising.

Full Article

No Q or Sodom again?

Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg

I was very excited to see Necro in the leak so I'll be a little disappointed if he doesn't make it. Sagat is essential though. The only character I'm not keen on from the original list is C Viper but she'd probably be redesigned and re-tooled for the new game anyway.

The game needs more remoulding than just adding a few iconic characters though. Hopefully the rumours of Super Street Fighter V are correct; give the UI a fresh lick of paint and iron out other complaints.

NEO0MJ

God forbid we get more interesting characters unless they are reworked heavily...

Did you read everything?

Flowtron has now made references to Season 3 characters for SF5, claiming that both Sagat and Sakura will become part of the cast, though they will be very much unlike their respective iterations from Street Fighter 4.

Unless I misunderstood what you meant.

RM8

I don't care about any of these characters, so this is kind of good news for me (as in, more slots for characters I might like). I always thought Oro and Necro were odd choices anyway, so I'm not surprised.

Ferrio

Banned
Not big fans of either, but I'm interested in what they'll be like in SFV. I wonder if they'll tone down both of their shoto aspects?

NeonZ

Wait, there's nothing confirming the first batch of the rumors right now. Why are they talking like it's basically confirmed and gives credibility to the new batch of leaked characters?

BHK3

Banned
Did you read everything?

Unless I misunderstood what you meant.
Their designs could be different but unless Sagat starts doing Adon moves and Sakura is actually a character, I'm disappointed with this news. If this even is credible news.

Village

Their designs could be different but unless Sagat starts doing Adon moves and Sakura is actually a character, I'm disappointed with this news. If this even is credible news.

Ibuki's kind of nothing like previous ibuki.

To the degree, people are upset about that, like myself.

Also I kind of want sagat to be simular.

Sakura can change though

BossRush

I'll never get the appeal of Sodom no matter how hard I've tried. His moves aren't even cool aside from that one where he sets you on fire.

SgtCobra

Popular characters that have been in almost every SF related fighter are in, interesting little recurring characters are not.
Okay, yeah, I buy this rumor. Thanks Capcom, why not include Frank West as a special guest character too while you're at it?

Not big fans of either, but I'm interested in what they'll be like in SFV. I wonder if they'll tone down both of their shoto aspects?

Sakura is a weird one, as her whole character is that she's trying to be like Ryu, so I can only see them giving her more stuff, as opposed to toning down the shoto stuff.

NEO0MJ

I understood it as both game play and design, similar to what was done with Vega. Don't expect any Adon moves for Sagat, though :p
(Besides, I feel he would look ridiculous doing Adon's acrobatic and agile moves)

Jebusman

Banned
SF3 characters would make sense to reintroduce if this is supposed to be the game to finally bridge the gap in the storyline.

I really hope they get their time in the spotlight eventually.

Tizoc

I'm sorry but
says reliable EventHubs user
EventHubs and reliable in the same sentence makes me disbelieve some of this moreso than the last SF5 rumor I made a thread on.

Veedot

AAAAWWWWW YEAH make room for Remy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm probably the only person alive that wants him

sinkfla87

Sagat inheriting some moves from Adon would actually be amazing and make me want to play him. That may upset quite a few people but I for one would be esctatic. Oh and btw Capcom, please make FANG not shit.

Also, big fail if not including Q.

DR2K

Banned
It sounds boring and disappointing, sums up Capcom fighters to a T this gen. Even if it isn't real it's so consistent and in line with every decision they've made thus far that it hurts.

NEO0MJ

I'm sorry but

EventHubs and reliable in the same sentence makes me disbelieve some of this moreso than the last SF5 rumor I made a thread on.

I don't think anyone is putting too much stock into this, but it's fun to discuss it. Plus Capcom are like the leakiest Japanese company so I wouldn't be surprised if there turns out to be some truth here.

Village

I'm tempted to post that video of Lupe Fiasco dressed in a classic Japanese outfit and wielding a katana.

When Sodom Drops food and liquor, The cool, and testuo and youth, and looks as cool as lupe did doing all that.

Call me, until then.

Lame weeb, you know who's also a weeb. Kanye west, you know who released late resignation, kanye west. You releasing art , you get weeb buffers.

Top Bottom