• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V RUMOR: Sagat and Sakura are in, Oro, Viper, Necro and Q are not

DR2K

Banned
they'll bring Makoto with half her moves, a new one that makes no sense as it'll just be inferior version to the old one. You'll play her like you think she should be played and call her fucking garbage. When she's just a shittier version of Cammy.

mooncakes

Viper is proof of how out of touch CAPCOM is. They tried so hard to shove her down our throats with SFIV before they realized how uninteresting she is and how boring her design is and had to kick her to the curb to make Juri the star.

Just cause she is hard to use doesn't mean shes uninteresting. She took advantage of the superjump cancel, feints and aerial movements pretty well in sf4. She plays like a marvel character in a sf game. I absolutely love this character.

Tbh, I rather not see Viper in a sf 5 game cause they are going to dumb her down and move away on things on what make her Viper. Just like the SF5 version of Ibuk/Juri. They are nothing like their previous iteration.

Ferrio

Banned
Viper is proof of how out of touch CAPCOM is. They tried so hard to shove her down our throats with SFIV before they realized how uninteresting she is and how boring her design is and had to kick her to the curb to make Juri the star.

Odd, cause Viper was the only good newcomer in SFIV to me. She's the only one I'd ever want to see again in future SF games.

meerak

No Oro would be surprising?

Not really. Just because he appears in a little story segment?

Sagat is the only character other than Q I care about as part of the list.

Honestly this year proved to me that I was wrong about my own expectations and am actually generally more excited about new characters. Some few nostalgic exceptions, but, yeah. I hope they keep a balance of new and returning as the seasons go on, at least until 4 or 5 or something.

____

Ignorant guy here with a probably ignorant question:

How are these things decided? Like...why would you include some characters and not others? Why not include them all? Even if over time?

Scotia

Banned
Highly doubt default Sakura won't be her school outfit. Just like SF4 I'll have to rely on Sakura's alternate costumes.

JayEH

How are these things decided? Like...why would you include some characters and not others? Why not include them all? Even if over time?

Popularity and whatever the designers feel would be a good fit for the game or fill a role not currently present.

If anything, SFV should tell you Capcom's resources are finite. I would love to see every single SF character return in addition to the 9 or 10 newcomers to SFV, but they gotta priotize characters by archetype and what they bring to the game and balance that with popularity i guess

Toxi

Banned
they'll bring Makoto with half her moves, a new one that makes no sense as it'll just be inferior version to the old one. You'll play her like you think she should be played and call her fucking garbage. When she's just a shittier version of Cammy.
:(

Wild Card

Fighting game characters take a lot of time, money, and effort to create. A different roster also helps distinguish games from previous ones in the series. As well as wanting to introduce new characters. They may also not want to overload people by creating characters and then asking people to pay for them. Some people are already upset at the idea of dlc characters, if we had 12 characters a season I think people would freak. Perhaps roster bloating as well? They don't want to create a bunch of characters that fulfill the same role, as well as creating ideas for the characters to be brought into the game.

I love Sakura, so I'm happy to see her return.

I already know the fun (Tatsu Loops) Sakura stuff SF4 won't return, but I'm willing to give her a try in this new system.

Floex

It really needs more SFIII characters. I mean, Q looks good even as a mod!

maxresdefault.jpg

galvatron

Sakura could be deleted from SF history and all I'd miss would be the "shoshosho" stupidity from CvS2.

Missed Sagat, though... Hopefully he's back to basics and balanced properly...oh, who am I kidding. They can never get him right in 1 revision.

stn

I'm a bit scared given that the Eventhubs leaker said neither Sagat nor Sakura will play like they did in IV. I take that to mean Sagat will not be a zoner, which is ironic given that this game needs a new zoner more than anything. I predict a Sagat based around knee-and-elbow special attacks, and a V-trigger that lights up his scar and let's him throw tiger shots.

JayEH

I'm a bit scared given that the Eventhubs leaker said neither Sagat nor Sakura will play like they did in IV. I take that to mean Sagat will not be a zoner, which is ironic given that this game needs a new zoner more than anything. I predict a Sagat based around knee-and-elbow special attacks, and a V-trigger that lights up his scar and let's him throw tiger shots.

That's exactly what will happen.

Shin

Banned
In for Sakura, Viper and Sagat, can't wait to see what they look like.
Any idea when the school outfits will go on sale?

I hope in the end Poison, Gen, Makoto, DeeJay, Blanka, Cody, Guy, Rose, Dan, Yun/Yang, T-Hawk, Sodom, FeiLong and Honda make the cut.

Ganyc

what if Sakura is the zoner?

LordKasual

Banned
Will they make throws not require clairvoyance to break

Will they give more characters the ability to mash the shit out of heavy buttons and lights or just leave it to the same 3-4

Will they make Juri not complete trash

Can you just give everyone Cammy's st.b MP button

Can we please remove Crush Counter now

Neoxon

Will they make throws not require clairvoyance to break

Will they give more characters the ability to mash the shit out of heavy buttons and lights or just leave it to the same 3-4

Will they make Juri not complete trash

Can you just give everyone Cammy's st.b MP button

Can we please remove Crush Counter now
They aren't gonna remove a defining part of the game. I didn't really like Focus Attack in SFIV, but you didn't see me demanding Capcom to remove it from SFIV. If anything, buffing reversals back to their Season 1 glory would make more sense as Crush Counters were originally made to counter DPs. I'm down for rebalancing CCs a bit more, but expecting them to outright remove them is expecting a bit much.

NastyBook

Sakura's so trash. Luckily, most mainstay characters seem to be getting re-tooled in different ways for V, so here's hoping they'll make her interesting to play/watch.

LordKasual

Banned
They aren't gonna remove a defining part of the game. I didn't really like Focus Attack in SFIV, but you didn't see me demanding Capcom to remove it from SFIV. If anything, buffing reversals back to their Season 1 glory would make more sense as Crush Counters were originally made to counter DPs. I'm down for rebalancing CCs a bit more, but expecting them to outright remove them is expecting a bit much.

Well Season 2 did away with DP invincibility, which is a pretty big change in itself. I used to defend it, but Crush Counter is just a sloppy mechanic. Especially the way it works with regards to the priority system.

It's basically like Fatal Counter in Blazblue, except that it just out-right beats moves instead of trading with them...which is really dumb, because you've got characters like Bison with +3 heavies, or characters like Cammy with heavies that come out in 6 fucking frames

If you block a DP in this game you're going to eat a ridiculous amount of damage anyway, Crush Counters rarely mean much for DPs in this game. It just means that you get rewarded for throwing out heavy buttons.

So maybe what i mean is, "remove the priority system".

That's actually a pretty brilliant idea, because Capcom as consistently fucked up throughout history on balancing Sagat's buttons and zoning ability (as evident with CvS2 and SF4). I think that's a great way to really make him the King of Muay Thai.

Top Bottom