• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V RUMOR: Sagat and Sakura are in, Oro, Viper, Necro and Q are not

adult gym teacher sakura with a reworked moveset makes perfect sense...and of course i've been waiting years for this

street_fighter___sakura_kasugano_color_request_by_ninjayane24-d8nyqso.jpg

When the match starts, she unzips her jacket, revealing her normal outfit as her skirt, which was tucked under the jacket, drops down.

I think after a season with 5 brand new characters it'd be good for season 3 to be nothing but heavy hitters as a last ditch attempt to draw people back in.
Then have season 4 be returning characters who haven't featured since their original series, and season 5 be Final Fight themed.

S3 - Sagat / Sakura / Honda / Blanka / Rose / Fei Long

S4 - Oro / Sodom / Q / Necro / Viper / Sean

S5 - Cody / Guy / Haggar / Hugo / Poison / Rolento

Neoxon

I think after a season with 5 brand new characters it'd be good for season 3 to be nothing but heavy hitters as a last ditch attempt to draw people back in.
Then have season 4 be returning characters who haven't featured since their original series, and season 5 be Final Fight themed.

I feel like people overestimate the popularity of some of the SFII characters like Honda & Blanka, especially Honda. I can see Blanka eventually getting in (because Ono), but I wouldn't be shocked if Honda sat this one out entirely. Remember, there's a difference between iconic & popular.

Scotia

Banned
I feel like people overestimate the popularity of some of the SFII characters like Honda & Blanka, especially Honda. I can see Blanka eventually getting in (because Ono), but I wouldn't be shocked if Honda sat this one out entirely. Remember, there's a difference between iconic & popular.

This.

I couldn't see them doing 3 seasons without any new characters: especially not a Final Fight season that predictable.

I've bolded the ones who I think are likely.

I'd say Abel, the twins, probably Yun because he's generally the favourite, and Maki (a blonde character is a novel idea for this game) stand a good chance.

Oro, C. Viper, Q and Necro

Nothing good was lost.

yutRrqm.gif

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
No Q makes me sad...Viper I'm indifferent.

Necro and Oro are wasted slots tho, good riddance.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I'm worried about the "very much unlike" tab that is predicted for Sakura and Sagat. Like Charlie Nash really isn't like his Alpha iteration---if that's the case with Sagat, then there's no other character like Sagat.

Neoxon

I'm worried about the "very much unlike" tab that is predicted for Sakura and Sagat. Like Charlie Nash really isn't like his Alpha iteration---if that's the case with Sagat, then there's no other character like Sagat.
You could say the same of Bison & Vega to an extent.

VariantX

SFV already has pretty much everyone from II that would be considered popular. Just missing Honda, Blanka, DeeJay, and Fei Long. If i were a betting man and only one more could come from SFII, it would be a fight between Blanka and Fei. Blanka annoyed alot of folks in a way Fei Never did in SFIV, so id say it's in Fei's favor slightly.

kingbean

They going to screw up my Sakura like they did with my Juri

Yeah taking away Juri's divekick really sucks and Ibuki changed too much imo too.

Its nice to see new moves but make new characters and keep the classics as as they are but refined.

V_Arnold

If SAGAT and Sakura (two proto-shotos) are in, and uniquely designed characters like Oro, Necro, Q or Viper (my main -.-) is out, SFV deserves to be forgotten in the long run..

I will truly be sad.

Viper is proof of how out of touch CAPCOM is. They tried so hard to shove her down our throats with SFIV before they realized how uninteresting she is and how boring her design is and had to kick her to the curb to make Juri the star.

Absolutely. But I know a lot of very casual SF players who have barely touched any of the games since SF2 Turbo on SNES, and they've told me they were tempted by SF5 but had no idea who most of the cast was and it really put them off (why it matters I do not know seeing as they'll just pick Ryu/Ken no matter who else is in the game).
Honda may not be popular but at least people know who he is.

I'd love to see Honda return with a slight redesign/rework like most of the characters have received.

nachum00

Well there goes all my interest in season 3 if true.
Oro, Q and Necro are the only characters that would bring me back to SF5. Fuck Capcom

kunonabi

Sodom is the one im really waiting for to finish off SFA but sagat and sakura would still be nice to see. Necro or Q would have been awesome though.

Neoxon

SFV already has pretty much everyone from II that would be considered popular. Just missing Honda, Blanka, DeeJay, and Fei Long. If i were a betting man and only one more could come from SFII, it would be a fight between Blanka and Fei. Blanka annoyed alot of folks in a way Fei Never did in SFIV, so id say it's in Fei's favor slightly.
Exactly, & Sagat's inclusion would mean that pretty much everyone who was popular in SFII (sans maybe Fei Long) are in SFV. I doubt anyone would lose any sleep over no E. Honda, Dee Jay, T. Hawk, or Blanka. All the same, I expect Ono to sneak in Blanka eventually.

V_Arnold

Viper is proof of how out of touch CAPCOM is. They tried so hard to shove her down our throats with SFIV before they realized how uninteresting she is and how boring her design is and had to kick her to the curb to make Juri the star.

YOU are out of touch, sir.

Viper was awesome design. She was not exactly beginner-friendly, so her popularity will of course be lower than Juri's.

So what?

Neoxon

Absolutely. But I know a lot of very casual SF players who have barely touched any of the games since SF2 Turbo on SNES, and they've told me they were tempted by SF5 but had no idea who most of the cast was and it really put them off (why it matters I do not know seeing as they'll just pick Ryu/Ken no matter who else is in the game).
Honda may not be popular but at least people know who he is.

I'd love to see Honda return with a slight redesign/rework like most of the characters have received.
Which is weird considering that half of the base roster is SFII.

Village

She was pretty popular and got into marvel

Don't confuse yourself, with everyone.

You will end up disappointing yourself.

But this is neogaf, this the home of this

" Why is this character in game"

" everyone litterally likes this character, everyone"

" but I don't like character"

" then that's just you"

Neogaf, home of perspective

Mesoian

Sakura better be a gym teacher.

If she's in that god damn sailor fuku...

When the match starts, she unzips her jacket, revealing her normal outfit as her skirt, which was tucked under the jacket, drops down.

Sakura truly is an eternal high school girl.

cordy

Banned
Knowing Capcom they'll fuck up Sakura's design too. She's a grown ass woman now, she's the same age as Cammy. She can't be out there dressing like that. Just give her a legit fighting uniform and she's good. Put her in that red top with some fighting shorts and she's good to go. Make her school uniform payable.

As for Sagat, you can't fuck up this man's design but then again I thought the same for Akuma.

Top Bottom