• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Systems Trailer and hands-on impressions

So can you oreorder on steam to get beta access or is it going to be PS4 only?

Also, are combos dependent on 1F links? Or did they become more lenient with the more meaty feeling attacks?

Oh another elements from Vampire Saviour, interesting! We've seen something like this in previous videos with the Asia stage for example.
Well VS also didn't have a fade to black between rounds :p.

I am glad more games have this now though. With KI and MKX embracing the "No reset positions" thing I am glad SF is kind of doing it too. Although KI always did this.
I agree with this. That shit is gonna be mad confusing.
For real, I can see people getting confused, especially since this is a first for Street Fighter isn't it?

Azure J

God damn does this game look good. The lighting on the stages/models is just delicious, never mind all the insane animation going on and the actual modeling/shaders for characters. On the gameplay end, I'm really liking all I'm seeing here and I'm just too eager to give it a whirl. Chun-Li is looking like the main for me out of the four revealed characters.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
D8MHM9c.jpg

Those Chun proportions, what the hell?

mollipen

I want to play this game so bad. Have they said if any of the V-Skills use any meter, or are limited at all? It seems kinda weird that they'll have one character that can parry everything. Makes me wonder a bit about balance.

V-Skills require no meter, and there was nothing limiting how often they could be used.

Also, are combos dependent on 1F links? Or did they become more lenient with the more meaty feeling attacks?

There will be combos that don't require 1F links, just as there will be combos that do. This isn't a deliberate decision but a natural consequence of attacks having differing amounts of frame advantage.

Or did they become more lenient with the more meaty feeling attacks?

1F links will remain 1F links. If meaty attacks making 1F links easier, it's because the attack being meaty is increasing the frame advantage, therefore it's not a 1F link anymore. Only execution mechanics/glitches (depending on your interpretation) such as 'plinking' will make them easier. And who knows if plinking is even in this.

Pompadour

There will be combos that don't require 1F links, just as there will be combos that do. This isn't a deliberate decision but a natural consequence of attacks having differing amounts of frame advantage.

1F links will remain 1F links. Only execution mechanics/glitches (depending on your interpretation) such as 'plinking' will make them easier.

One article specifically mentioned that 1f links exist but are more "lenient." I'm guessing a ASW style input buffering system.

Skab

To those asking about Preordering on Steam; the Steam store doesnt update until 10 am PST, which is in about 15 mins from now.

Chances are good it will pop up then.

1F links will remain 1F links. If meaty attacks making 1F links easier, it's because the attack being meaty is increasing the frame advantage, therefore it's not a 1F link anymore. Only execution mechanics/glitches (depending on your interpretation) such as 'plinking' will make them easier. And who knows if plinking is even in this.

It will have both target combos and links.

Links are supposedly easier now.

Thank you!

Gbraga

Fucking Stone Ocean, all I can hear inside my head now is BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS AH BEATS AH BEATS BEATS IN MY HEEAAD

Malleavel

Love everything I'm seeing so far except for damage. I was a big fan of the back-and-forth slower gameplay of IV, but I can deal with no more Time Outs.

That being said, the rounds, and thus the games, seem to go by a lot quicker IMO. It looks Like 3/5 rounds or games looks like it could be the new standard a la Tekken or KOF.

This looks spectacular so far.

Makes me wish I was still into fighting games. I just don't have a lot of time to learn them these days, and I get absolutely creamed when playing online. :(
Honestly man, it's worth the investment. Admittedly, I definitely invested a good 2-3 months to get decent, but it's saved me a bunch of money. I'm never pressured to go out and get the latest releases or $60 AAA game. It makes it much easier to patiently wait for price-drops because, you invest so much time into one game and always have a fall back to go to. And fighters are extremely pick up and play in nature. It's very practical to just play for 30 minutes a day after work, have a good time with a few matches, upload a replay, and call it in.

I recommend at least one great fighter, and 1-2 great racers (Arcadey/Sim) per gen. These are my fall back games, so I can cherry pick the cream of the crop.

Looks pretty good. Glad they got rid of SF4 systems completely as those have to be some of my least favorite mechanics in the series. I am surprised that they took away and gave Dictator some new moves but Ryu still hasn't gotten back Joudan Sokotou Geri in a main series title again. I am also not sure about Dictator's walking speed..... Overall looks like it should turn out great and cannot wait to get some time with it during the beta. (Please go active during E3 like Hardline/Destiny last year)

Skab

Looks pretty good. Glad they got rid of SF4 systems completely as those have to be some of my least favorite mechanics in the series. I am surprised that they took away and gave Dictator some new moves but Ryu still hasn't gotten back Joudan Sokotou Geri in a main series title again. I am also not sure about Dictator's walking speed..... Overall looks like it should turn out great and cannot wait to get some time with it during the beta. (Please go active during E3 like Hardline/Destiny last year)

He may walk slow, but gat dayum at that psycho power'd dash

https://youtu.be/0UBe2qKqa_Q?t=96

BAH GAWD

HE KILLED HIM
Verendus tell Capcom to please not wait until first patch to put Ken in! I need this in my veins ASAP! But I will wait for him. You know i will.

No Ken is like...

DBZ without Vegeta.
MK without Scorpion
Virtua Fighter without Jacky
Naruto without the Sauce
One Piece without Zoro or
One Piece without Sanji
Guilty Gear with Sol
Blue without Red

I'm running out of references, but I hope you see the desperation.

cackhyena

Looks fast and fluid, unlike sfiv.

I don't get this. No it's not fast because it rewarded turtling, but it's plenty fluid and always has been. Great animations and if you're on top of your game, a round is over quickly.

That said, the majority of what this game is moving towards is a welcoming change. No invincible back dashes, no option select throws on wake up, a faster timer, chip damage playing a bigger part, etc.

Huh. I just saw him parry Nash's move up close and no punish, but maybe that was just on the player's end.

Yeah, I mean, I doubt it really gave him enough FA for a sweep (opponent was probably just not blocking low), but there will be enough for a DP (the other thing the IGN editor said he had enough advantage for which sounds feesible). Maybe even a strong/low forward too.

Ryu is OP once again LMAO, lovin it.

Nerf Ryu!
Am I doing it right? lol

Verendus tell Capcom to please not wait until first patch to put Ken in! I need this in my veins ASAP! But I will wait for him. You know i will.

No Ken is like...

DBZ without Vegeta.
MK without Scorpion
Naruto without the Sauce
One Piece without Sanji
Guilty Gear with Sol
Blue without Red

There's no way this game comes out without Ken. That would be sacrilegious.

No Ken is like...

DBZ without Vegeta.
MK without Scorpion
Naruto without the Sauce
One Piece without Sanji
Guilty Gear with Sol
Blue without Red

Dante without ebony & ivory
Activision without milking cod yearly
Ubi without the downgrades
Kojima without fiddles
Dbz without Yamcha being useless

Top Bottom