• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stretchmo / Fullblox |OT| Stretch your wallet and your brain!

Simbabbad

Here, first two levels I made:

First, a monument to the glory of Boulder Dash's Rockford!

zlCfzTXg7ZEWtxF-JE

Not very hard, but pretty fun IMO. I feel the 3D aspect adds a lot to the Pullblox/Pushmo formula, with all the layers you can add.

(Miiverse link)

And next, how high can you get on 3D Donkey Kong Mario?

zlCfzTXlGswAn9v4u1

Had a lot of fun on this one, crafting 3D elements on a 2D sprite. It's not very hard either, but it's easy to miss what to do next.

(Miiverse link)

Frankly, designing those levels, I think Fullblox/Stretchmo was produced with user creation in mind, that'd explain why the in-game levels go all over the place and only scratch the surface. There are so many things to do with 3D and the new gizmos, I think I'll really get into level creation for this one.

zroid

Banned
The relative lack of activity in here makes me think that the stealth release didn't really work.

wouldn't be the first time they stealth released significant software but usually it's tied to a Nintendo Direct or something. this kinda came out of nowhere...

anyways once I can get an eshop card in a couple days I'll probably be spamming this thread :p

maxcriden

My Internet stopped working (ish, I'm using a local hotspot) so I can't get this till Thursday. ;__; Still a few more EX levels to do in Kirby: Triple Deluxe, though, so I'll finish that up first.

Loptous

Does anyone has solution for Corin's 50th.
Just beat it yesterday
It's really not that bad once you solve the flame part. I spent like 10 min on that and then 10 minutes ont the rest. lol Puzzle 48 was a lot worse for me.

Anyway hint :
Climb from the back. Don't move the red block on the front side.

Also that dragon puzzle made me wonder if it is possible to build large stages in 2D mode in the level editor?
I can't seem to find the option if that's possible...

JonnyKong

I quite embarrassingly got stuck on a one star puzzle for fifteen minutes last night.

Now I'm stuck on level 40 in the first pack.

I SUCK at puzzle games.

Well, I like what I've played so far, but I don't know why it only runs at 30fps on the regular 3DS. It doesn't seem that technically demanding, even with the addition of on-screen enemies. The lower framerate doesn't matter much for a game like this, but I still find it distracting.

Foffy

Banned
Just beat it yesterday
It's really not that bad once you solve the flame part. I spent like 10 min on that and then 10 minutes ont the rest. lol Puzzle 48 was a lot worse for me.

Anyway hint :
Climb from the back. Don't move the red block on the front side.

Also that dragon puzzle made me wonder if it is possible to build large stages in 2D mode in the level editor?
I can't seem to find the option if that's possible...

Your hint sadly does not help me at all. I am still stuck with what in the world am I to do, and what you said has yet to enlighten me on what I'm missing..):

EDIT: Nevermind. TYBG. <3

octopiggy

Just beat it yesterday

Yeah, I agree. Corin-48 has definitely been the toughest puzzle for me so far.

Finished Corin's levels and I'm halfway through the NES levels. The thing I disliked about the levels with enemies was that you couldn't undo deaths from enemies which often means that you have to reset the puzzle as the moves you've made makes the puzzle unscalable. It doesn't help that you can't rewind time very far - I guess that's to do with the game having to track enemies as well.

Corin-50 seems to have been the worst level for frame rate so far.

I'm wondering if this is the kind of approach Nintendo is going to take for their mobile venture - a solid, fully contained normal ass game offered as "free to try" or whatever they call it with a varied pricing model. I can get behind that, provided they are all of this sort of quality.

Foffy

Banned
I'm wondering if this is the kind of approach Nintendo is going to take for their mobile venture - a solid, fully contained normal ass game offered as "free to try" or whatever they call it with a varied pricing model. I can get behind that, provided they are all of this sort of quality.

I'm more interested on what type of games they bring over. Will it be familiar IPs? That comes with the catch that many of them don't work outright on touch-only systems. Will it be all new ones?

zroid

Banned
Nintendo Life review:

This is another example of Intelligent Systems' knack for creating deep and involving gameplay using the simplest of mechanics. This is a fun puzzler that continues the superb work of its predecessors, although there could have and should have been more free to play levels to give potential players a little more incentive to purchase those packs. That said, fans of the concept and puzzle games in general should consider treating this like its predecessors - a stand-out puzzle experience.

9/10

Simbabbad

The relative lack of activity in here makes me think that the stealth release didn't really work.
We don't really know, maybe it's more tied to the game being the 4th in the series in the same generation. Most people confess they haven't beaten 100% of the levels of the games they own already, so why spend more for a new gimmick?

That's why I think they did the right move with the packs, you can access the editor for 3$.

Speaking of which, I designed two more levels:

The triumphant march of 3D Super Mario Bros. Mario:

Fullblox%2B%2528Stretchmo%2529%2BQR%2BCode%2B%25283D%2BSuper%2BMario%2BBros.%2BMario%2529.jpg

It's the same concept as my D.K. Mario level, but it's not the same solution (Miiverse link).

And the hero of one of the first platformers ever, Willy from Manic Miner:

zlCfzTXtDigEPlVZnx

It's really, really fun to play with the layers (Miiverse link).

BTW, designing levels and having played all Mallo levels and all Corin levels in Fullblox, it strikes me how underused the Fullblox/Stretchmo concept really is in the game's levels. Many, many levels are basically Pullblox levels except you can pull blocks only up to two slots - the 3D or side pulling aspects aren't that much used. Fallblox was a really new, fresh concept, but here there is a lot of recycling going on, officials levels don't really push the game's potential. A real shame, because the few ones that do are fantastic, but there are way too many "Pullblox + a gimmick" levels that you solve under 10 seconds in.

Arturo

The Chain Chomp stage in the NES pack is rattling my brain. I'll probably be something really super obvious but damn ... these things are a challenge.

Have you guessed the solution? I'm banging my head against a wall with that puzzle. I can get up to the chomp itself, but I can't figure out what to do from there…

octopiggy

I'm getting towards the end of the NES levels and starting to hit a few difficult levels No. 40 & No. 42 despite them both being 4 stars. I think I will just try them again tomorrow with fresh eyes.

Pokemaniac

Well, I like what I've played so far, but I don't know why it only runs at 30fps on the regular 3DS. It doesn't seem that technically demanding, even with the addition of on-screen enemies. The lower framerate doesn't matter much for a game like this, but I still find it distracting.

Since the New 3DS seems to have had pretty minimal graphics related upgrades (pretty much only an increase in VRAM from what I've heard) the performance issues on Old 3DS are likely due to CPU constraints brought on by the more complex puzzles and mechanics. I'm pretty sure Crashmo was already pushing it a bit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Good lord, NES Expo level 40 was insane. Fear what the final 10 will be.

Otherwise, Mallo has 30 stages left (think I'll do 10 now) while the other three have 10 stages left.

octopiggy

Good lord, NES Expo level 40 was insane. Fear what the final 10 will be.

Otherwise, Mallo has 30 stages left (think I'll do 10 now) while the other three have 10 stages left.

Just finished NES 40 after taking a break. Probably the hardest level I've hit so far despite only being a 4 star level. The whole time I was doing it I was just thinking 'I can't be doing this right, it's so complicated'.

Foffy

Banned
Anyone have a solution to Papa Blox's 41st puzzle? I get stumped super early on.

EDIT: I did it and good jesus, this final area...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
All 100 of Mallo's puzzles completed. Just 10 more each from the other three & I'll unlock the final set.

Ya know, despite the fact that this still has a bit of wavy difficulty curve at times (but I guess most puzzle games do since one can leave you stumped while the next can feel easier in comparison), this is probably the first Pushmo I'll fully complete. I feel like overall, this has the best difficulty where it's still difficult, but not to the levels of infuriating or "SCREW THIS, I'm gonna look at a walkthrough/video for the answer!". I still was stumped at times, but it still felt like it was possible.

Loptous

Just went through NES expo 40, and I thought it wasn't that difficult, but mostly because
I noticed from the beginning that you could climb on the left shoulder pad.

Simbabbad

Nobody cares :p but I'm having a blast making levels. This time it's all about indie games:

First, the 3D area was too small to make the hero of VVVVVV, so I made a checkpoint next to other elements, and the puzzle is all the better for it, it's TOUGH (link):

zlCfzTXygDYmTgolMF

Next, my favourite so far, Aban Hawkins from 1000/1001 SPIKES making his way into the jungle (when in Europe, Nicalis, and without bugs, please?) (link) :

zlCfzTX5X1UKKiWnag

And finally, a fitting puzzle for Fullblox thanks to its 2D/3D theme, Fez's Gomez (and not just Gomez's fez) (link) :

zlCfzTX9QnAkhOALQX

duckroll

I'll check out a bunch of shared levels here when I have time. Still trying to clear the base game! I'm done with 60 of the normal puzzles, and 20 each in the other 3 sets. The ones with obstacles are really refreshing for the series, but the NES Expo ones are probably the most challenging and well designed ones so far. I wish they didn't pad the basic set with tutorials though...

Such a great series, I love every single entry!

It's just incomprehensible how they didn't improve on the tutorials which f-ing stop you at every single level. some multiple times in a single level.

XaosWolf

I'm into the NES Expo stages now. The last section of Corin's were a little disappointing. Got stuck on Tyrannosaurus because I didn't see the second enemy I was supposed to use. =/

I've downloaded all of the custom levels here, and will give feedback once I've played them! (Gonna play them before Perilous Peak)

Loptous

Only 2 left in NES Expo but I'm completely stumped now.
Felt so great when I solved 48 though.

Nobody cares :p but I'm having a blast making levels. This time it's all about indie games
Managed to beat the FEZ puzzle : )
I was pretty lost at the start and had to do a lot of backtracking after I managed to climb on the hat.
Amazing job!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, Corin 48 has been hard. I'm near the top, but I can't figure out how to get there. I can reach
the button to pull the "U"-shaped red block, but I don't know what to do afterwards. I feel like I should pull the blue block on top of it, then somehow move the green one, but I don't know....

Foffy

Banned
Almost done with the game. Do they have plans of doing official QR "DLC" puzzles for the game? I know Pushmo World is still getting those from the creator.

Simbabbad

The last section of Corin's were a little disappointing.
Agreed, the whole "you can't rewind if you've been hit and therefore have to start everything over again" thing in many puzzles gets really annoying in the end.

Managed to beat the FEZ puzzle : )
I was pretty lost at the start and had to do a lot of backtracking after I managed to climb on the hat.
Amazing job!
Thanks! I spent some time trying to make it more interesting, but once you reach the shoulder, it's pretty easy. The VVVVVV and Aban Hawkins ones are the hardest/most challenging ones.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY, Corin 48 completed. & it took about 25 minutes. That was easily the hardest one from the set.

Edit: I take it back, his final stage might be the hardest.

Edit 2: Okay, it was just that annoying flame at the start, everything else wasn't too bad, but UUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH such a damn pain when you have to COMPLETELY restart the puzzle from scratch cuz "lol enemy killed you, no rewind for you"

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Should I skip the 100 level $5 pack and just purchase the others? Is the inital level pack just a bunch of tutorials that aren't worth it?

TheMoon

Should I skip the 100 level $5 pack and just purchase the others? Is the inital level pack just a bunch of tutorials that aren't worth it?

there are some tutorial levels in there, sure. but everything that introduces a new mechanic comes with tutorials.

seriously, though. what are you saving?

3x 2.99 = 8.97
vs all four for 9.99?! (plus the ability to unlock the extra pack with 50 more extra tough levels)

just buy the damn bundle :D

Foffy

Banned
Awh yeh, 100%'d the game. Pretty fun stuff.

The really last puzzle wasn't that hard for me, but the one right before it was. Dat awful framerate. :p

BooJoh

I enabled StreetPass to see if it's as pointless as it looks, and yes it is.

zlCfzTYI4BsXvZJEYO

When you complete a puzzle you can mark it as your favorite. StreetPass is literally just a preview of the other person's favorite puzzle and it says which pack it's in. You can't play it, you can't even launch it from the StreetPass screen if you own the pack and have it unlocked. You can't mark a user-created puzzle as a favorite. There is a button to buy a pass though. So basically it's a glorified advertisement saying "here's a puzzle, and here's a button to buy the pass containing it."

It seems like they could have allowed a user-created puzzle to be shared over StreetPass, but I guess they were afraid it would lead to 3d pixel penises, so we got this instead.

Just as pointless as Trozei's StreetPass, and really disappointing. Not worth one of my 12(
) slots.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Finished all the packs level, now into the last unlockable set of puzzles, first 10 (and seven of the other ten) already done. I'm really enjoying Stretchmo!

Loptous

I beat the last Metroid in captivity as well.
48 and 49 were so much harder.

Also :
Fullblox_Meowth.JPG

This one shouldn't be too hard.

Edit: I just noticed it's lacking a tail
oh well

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
How the hell can Stretchmo #20 in the final world
The castle
be solved? I'm wrapping my head since yesterday, and I can't find the solution..

EDIT: Of course, I solve it right after posting. Of course.

duckroll

Just beat #20 on NES Remix. Chain Chomp. That felt like it was worth the entire 10 buck price of entry alone. Lol. I love puzzles like that!

zroid

Banned
Just beat #20 on NES Remix. Chain Chomp. That felt like it was worth the entire 10 buck price of entry alone. Lol. I love puzzles like that!

I remember there were a couple puzzles from Pushmo World that made me feel the same. I just thought something about them was amazingly clever and satisfying. :')

duckroll

I remember there were a couple puzzles from Pushmo World that made me feel the same. I just thought something about them was amazingly clever and satisfying. :')

The best puzzles are the ones where right from the start you look at it and go "Erm, this seems impossible...".

Loptous

Fullblox_Meowth2.JPG

Fixed Meowth and that format is weird

BTW, I think the stretch your wallet part in the title might be a bad idea, as it implies the game is F2P - which might turn people off - even though it really isn't.

Top Bottom