• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Substantial franchise returning as an Xbox exclusive

ShogunX

Mock if Old ect.

CVG said:
Official Xbox Editor Jon Hicks has told CVG that the mag will next month reveal the return of a "substantial franchise" - as an Xbox exclusive.

The Next Month page of the latest issue of UK magazine says a 'gaming classic' is set to return, as you can see here:

screenshot_229873_thumb300.jpg

Its probably going to be Hydro Thunder or something from Rare.

Then again -

CVG said:
Hicks told us: "It's a very substantial franchise and it's going to be a very big surprise. A good one, though - we're really looking forward to it."

Is Hydro Thunder a ''Substantial Franchise''?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
The new hydro thunder is really awesome, if that's what it is.

Dragon

Banned
Dascu said:
That's not a substantial franchise at all.

Nor does it make any sort of sense as an exclusive. But then again, this gen has a been a bit weird in that department anyway.

Oli

Why are people really thinking that Nintendo is going to give Microsoft one of their franchises? :lol

Just because they sold Rare to them doesn't mean they are going to hand over their long developed franchises.
And no, Banjo does not count, since that was Rare's baby.

Haunted

"Very substantial franchise" reads like B... maybe C-tier.

If it would be anything even approaching A-tier material, it'd be OMG THE BIGGEST THING EVER.

FrankT

Shogun PaiN said:
Is Hydro Thunder a ''Substantial Franchise''?

Not really considering this has already been shown.

Tucah said:
Killer Instinct.

Possible and if they do announce this before E3 this would have me believe they are quite confident with their E3 showing after this and Gears 3.

Although as in very substantial this may not fit the bill either. Who knows.

Once again, I will reiterate my hate of announcements of announcement especially when they use fuckin ambiguous terms like "substantial"

These threads are entertaining though

Riptwo

If I had any power in the videogame industry whatsoever, I would spearhead the development of a new River City Ransom. In reality, however, I have no influence at all. I'm sorry.

Dali

Yeah, it's probably something Rare. Meaning it was substantial, but now nobody cares.

As long as it's not ZOE3 I expect little response from this announcement.

Well, since this is going to turn into a wild speculation thread, I'll put in the game that I've been wanting a sequel to for 20+ years...

Trojan.jpg

It was never substantial nor a franchise.

Top Bottom