• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Substantial franchise returning as an Xbox exclusive

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Xcom, finest turn based strategy shooter, researching, alien invasion game that existed in 1993.
The sequels were never as good as the first one, but pleased many.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-COM

Is this an "xbox exclusive", or just xbox/PC game, and maybe later for every device?

dofry said:
Xcom, finest turn based strategy shooter, researching, alien invasion game that existed in 1993.
The sequels were never as good as the first one, but pleased many.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-COM

Is this an "xbox exclusive", or just xbox/PC game, and maybe later for every device?
It's the common-place 360/Windows exclusive of Mass Effect 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction fame.

McBradders said:
And this suddenly makes it "substantial"?

Sorry, I don't really follow your logic here :/
The PR itself refers to it as "one of gaming’s most beloved franchises."

Which doesn't make it true, but makes sense that OXM would go with it.

Raide

Are we sure its X-Com? That is supposed to be 360 and PC, yet this thread is supposed to be about a 360 exclusive title. Are they just saying that and just throwing the PC version is as a dead cert?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
toythatkills said:

Aye. Beloved it is. I wish someone had the funds and balls to do a true HD remake :(

jorma

is now taking requests
toythatkills said:

Well that part IS true.

iceatcs

Raide said:
Are we sure its X-Com? That is supposed to be 360 and PC, yet this thread is supposed to be about a 360 exclusive title. Are they just saying that and just throwing the PC version is as a dead cert?
Always.

riceandbeans said:
This. I don't even know what the fuck x-com is.

I do (friends who played it) and I see no reason why it should come back.

Certainly not as an FPS, as current console FPS's have shown over and over again that "invasion" plots don't work with the current hardware limitations (that is, without compromising "realistic graphics"). Crysis did well with that plot -imho, as your milage may vary - , but mostly because of it's MASSIVE sense of scale.

And micromanagement and FPS controls really do not mix to well, I'm afraid.

Top Bottom