• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Substantial franchise returning as an Xbox exclusive

The way it's worded, it makes it seem like:

a) Franchise hasn't been around for a while

b) It was once multiplat or Sony exclusive

omg

OMG!!!!!

MAXIMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tmarques

AstroLad said:
Except they would lose all credibility if they built something up like that and then it turned out to be a dud. So no.

I don't think it's going to be an obscure franchise no one cares about, but I don't think anyone would use the word "substantial" to describe something as big as Mario or Sonic. Probably something in between.

Dino Crisis 4. The first Natal game to allow you to play as a dinosaur, in first person.

Think about it. Fits with Capcom's mystery game and this cryptic announcement.

nico

Banned
Like half the people in here i'm thinking probably perfect dark 2.

But nobody has mentioned conker also by rare which was once substantial enough to be remade, and seems to be strangely popular on the xbox 1 live charts (which is being shut down).

Jet set radio/ echo were always niche so its likely not that and sega WOULD FUCK IT UP , see sonic 4 thread :lol , I think i'd trust them with a new daytona though.

Peff

nico said:
But nobody has mentioned conker also by rare which was once substantial enough to be remade, and seems to be strangely popular on the xbox 1 live charts (which is being shut down).

The remake bombed HARD, the reason why it was always there is probably because it didn't need many people to, Halo 2 was always the highest rated even though it had 2000/3000 people at times. Work for a sequel started but MS cancelled it back then, so I doubt it is.

I'm hesitant to think it's anything from Rare because it doesn't make a lot of sense to reveal a Natal game a month before the biggest videogame event after a full year of Ricochet spamming, but we'll see.

Pooya

Earl Cazone said:
Its shenmue. Totally!
there was an interview in Famitsu 360 earlier this year with Japanese developers including SEGA and they totally asked for support from Microsoft (read moneyhats) for bringing exclusive games to 360 like Shenmue :lol .

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Mr. Sam said:
Oddworld? Someone must have said Oddworld by now.
If this is Oddworld I'll give my house to a hobo

Also, where's my goddamn Steam version of Munch and Stranger's Wrath?

Geewunner said:

700x700

ShogunX

Monty Mole said:
Given the print media's tardiness, it'll certainly be Hydro Thunder.

Worryingly A search of Hydro Thunder on the OXM website turns up zero results. I guess they haven't reported Hydro Thunder being announced yet so all signs point to it being the mystery game.

kodt

Banned
Sutanreyu said:
A console port of CS:S would change everything.

I honestly doubt it would be that popular unless it is a revamp and is marketed correctly.

Besides, what is the point of playing CS without dedicated servers or the ability to change rates (pretty much necessary to hope your sprays and hit registry are consistent)

edit: I would play it though ;) Maybe xbox players will play more than Dust 2 and office :lol

FrankT

Shogun PaiN said:
Worryingly A search of Hydro Thunder on the OXM website turns up zero results. I guess they haven't reported Hydro Thunder being announced yet so all signs point to it being the mystery game.

As I already stated it's most certainly not;

MrJonty @Jtyettis1 nope. Keep guessing.

kodt said:
I honestly doubt it would be that popular unless it is a revamp and is marketed correctly.

Besides, what is the point of playing CS without dedicated servers or the ability to change rates (pretty much necessary to hope your sprays and hit registry are consistent)

edit: I would play it though ;) Maybe xbox players will play more than Dust 2 and office :lol
It was pretty popular on the original Xbox and I think it had dedicated servers as well.

srsly. Now I want shenmue. Shenmue Trilogy. Would be unimaginable. Part 1 & 2 in HD and with updated effects and less load times and a flull fledged next gen third game.

gragy10

With Moluneux's increased profile I'm going with old school bullfrog. Ideally Syndicate, will settle for Black & White

Top Bottom