• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Substantial franchise returning as an Xbox exclusive

Cornbread78

This thread reminds me of all teh PS3 threads with all the same promises...

Let's all get hyped up and speculate, then find out it's Echo the dolphin.....

FrankT

Haunted said:
In a magazine?

Don't forget that the internet and the real world don't exist for magazine exclusives.

Even then with his wordng now that doesn't seem very substantial or more importantly not surprising anyone at this point in time.

ShogunX

Cornbread78 said:

New Ecco the Dolphin game featuring Ecco's cousin ECHO?

Guys it will be a racer or a shooter. Dont get your hopes up for any RPG, Battletoads or Jet Force Gemini. 85% of the time that there is a hyped announcement it ends up being a shooter and GAF will complain about how generic it looks.

It's not going to be anything from 1st party since that would be exclusive by default. The way they have it worded it's going to be a 3rd party exclusive.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
2uep6x3.jpg

finally.

FrankT

bloodforge said:
It's not going to be anything from 1st party since that would be exclusive by default. The way they have it worded it's going to be a 3rd party exclusive.

Yea I would have to agree.

Cornbread78 said:

Yup, we've had a shitload of threads about PS3 announcements that end in disappointment after INSANE HYPE builds up with dreams of FF VII remake, etc.

It seems like the gaming press just loves this tactic- can't blame them, it gives them more interest.

Gravijah

Cornbread78 said:

HOLY SHIT A NEW ECCO? FUCK YES!

FrostuTheNinja said:
Well, since this is going to turn into a wild speculation thread, I'll put in the game that I've been wanting a sequel to for 20+ years...

Trojan.jpg

It was never substantial nor a franchise.

Hah! I freaking loved that game as a child.

Bru

Steel Battalion 360 please Capcom :D

With that big ass controller – plus Natal voice & head tracking support.

Edit: Hehehe..... beaten to it by Norante.

Haunted

Jtyettis said:
Even then with his wordng now that doesn't seem very substantial or more importantly not surprising anyone at this point in time.
That's exactly what I'm getting at. These announcements are always worded exaggeratedly to drum up more attention. Better to put it down a couple notches from the get go to get a more accurate idea of its actual impact.

Geoff Keighley's tweets, never forget.

Probably just Hydro Thunder or something, it wasn't well-known MS acquired the franchise so im not putting my hopes up of it being anything else but that.

Cornbread78

OnkelC said:

Sorry, I just wanted to see th cover again.. She's pretty hot. And the facial......! Yowza!
*snaps out of it*

$hit. DoA Strip Poker Tour 2010! Cameo appearances by all the hot video vixens out there. Make it happen!

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Norante said:
Steel Battalion, fools! Complete with a 5 foot wide controller and rumble seat.
Yep. Steel Battalion. It doesn't get much more substantial than that.

FrankT

Haunted said:
That's exactly what I'm getting at. These announcements are always worded exaggeratedly to drum up more attention. Better to put it down a couple notches from the get go to get a more accurate idea of its actual impact.

Geoff Keighley's tweets, never forget.

Yet according to him this is somehow going to be a very big surprise next month that makes absolutely no sense at all. It would have been a smallish surprise two months earlier in fact. Geoff K or no Geoff k.

Top Bottom