• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Substantial franchise returning as an Xbox exclusive

too_human.jpg

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Steel Batallion 2, bundled with Natal. Instead of pressing the right buttons in time and sequence, you'll also have to guess where the hell those buttons are! ZOMG!

Raide

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Please, don't do this to me. Can you imagine a current gen Panzer Dragoon game? I can and it makes me cry.

I am thinking 4 co-op game with dragoon breeding/training, ground and air combat + MP options...

StuBurns

Banned
Decado said:
Hard to tell oif people are joking or not. He said "return", so obviously it's not a PC or PS3 title.
He said a gaming classic is returning, it implies there hasn't been a game in the series this generation at all.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Shogun PaiN said:
Is Hydro Thunder a ''Substantial Franchise''?
To me it is. Then again, I did ask Vector Unit about bringing back San Francisco Rush 2049, and they told me that they loved that game...

Dali

Haunted said:
That's what I've been saying!

Even though Astrolad was the wrong person to quote (his comments were tongue in cheek).
Yeah, I broke a long-standing rule I have to never quote him.

tmarques

AstroLad said:
I don't know why people are suggesting niche titles or outright failures--to me "substantial" means something along the lines of a Mario or Sonic, or in the sports realm Madden.

And to me "substantial" means it's not exactly a blockbuster.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
Counterstrike was exclusive to the Xbox, so it makes sense in terms of a substantial franchise returning to the Xbox 360.

If it is Counterstrike I hope they bundle Day of Defeat with it.

Mr. Sam

Other wild guesses to accompany my Oddworld idea: Timesplitters or, as someone said, SW Battlefront. Get it together, Crytek!

Raide

Just wondering. From the OP

Official Xbox Editor Jon Hicks has told CVG that the mag will next month reveal the return of a "substantial franchise" - as an Xbox exclusive.

So are we talking about a "substantial franchise" that was on another format and is now going to be a 360 exclusive? Or just an older Xbox game that is coming back?

Are we also saying "substantial franchise" means is previously sold loads or that there are a few games already out that make up that franchise?

Damn you announcements of announcements. :lol

I am going for Onimusha. :D

Zizbuka

Banned
So a magazine says they have a huge story coming up, and gafers get a hard on? Definitely wouldn't be to sell magazines, right.......................

Sorry for getting serious, it's obviously Lost Vikings HD :D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
FrostuTheNinja said:
Don't make me think of Strider... Don't make me think of Strider...

I'm thinking about Strider.

I though someone from Capcom namedropped Strider in the context of things that might work well with Natal, or maybe I'm going bonkers. Can't find the link right now but I'm nearly certain there was such an interview.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
tmarques said:
And to me "substantial" means it's not exactly a blockbuster.
Except they would lose all credibility if they built something up like that and then it turned out to be a dud. So no.

Kajiba

reetva said:
Oldies but Happies.

Yeah, I just really love JGR/JSRF. Please be that. :(

I hope its that.

DOA5 is probably gonna be multiplat. Don't see why tecmo will keep that exclusive.

Top Bottom