• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad artist reveals unused Joker concepts

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.avclub.com/article/these-alternate-costumes-jared-letos-joker-were-al-246887

The Joker, chief antagonist of the Batman franchise, has cycled through any number of looks during his flashy 76-year career. In the past, he has been closely associated with elegant yet flamboyant tailored purple suits. But the incarnation of the character that’s probably freshest in people’s memories right now is the muscular, tattooed, Hot Topic-loving jester played by Jared Leto in 2016’s Suicide Squad. The responsibility of creating a ”Clown Prince Of Crime” for the 21st century fell, at least in part, to artist Tina Charad, who was credited as a “costume graphic illustrator” on Suicide Squad. Recently, through her Imgur account, Charad shared some alternate, unused looks for Leto’s Joker, including makeup, wardrobe, and accessories. These pictures give fans a glimpse of the Suicide Squad that could have been but mercifully wasn’t.

2400.jpg

22nmHjgl.jpg

2400.jpg

1196633252560.jpg

Well, I guess things weren't as bad as they could have been . . .

Tattoo DAMAGED on my forehead if old.

EDIT: Bonus Harley art:

- J - D -

Title of the article in question:

These alternate costumes for Jared Leto’s Joker were also awful

On point, AV Club.

Mask

I still haven't seen Suicide Squad yet because the Joker looks so goddamn awful that I know I'd facepalm my damn face clean off if I watched it. Though that's probably the least of its problems considering everyone I know who saw it told me they wanted their money back.

Did they actually like look at the Jokers previous designs before doing this shit?

Glass Rebel

I still haven't seen Suicide Squad yet because the Joker looks so goddamn awful that I know I'd facepalm my damn face clean off if I watched it. Though that's probably the least of its problems considering everyone I know who saw it told me they wanted their money back.

Did they actually like look at the Jokers previous designs before doing this shit?

Suicide Squad - Only the second worst thing abbreviated with SS

Wow I wonder why this version of the joker came out so bad then.

Truly a mystery.

God the art direction on that movie was HORRIBLE.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
"Let me tell you a SexRet" tattoo above Harley's vagina.

I'm done. I'm out.

Legit the fact that DC even let this concept get out of the fucking room and was testing costumes for it, leads me to believe their entire cinematic universe is fucked.

Marvel has executive oversight, however you feel about it, precisely to prevent these kinds of things.

Enthus

I was hoping to see some concept art of Leto as a classic style Joker. Instead I'm treated to this garbage.

I didn't think we could get worse than the DAMAGED tattoo..................... these are all worse than the DAMAGED tattoo....

I said wow!

Geeky

DC has the best people working for them, believe me

This same person is listed to be working on Avengers: Infinity War as a graphic designer

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1931067/#art_department

She was also a costume graphic designer in Thor: The Dark World, a similar credit to what she has for Suicide Squad.

Maybe the edgier look of Suicide Squad was something WB wanted to do and went along with it, but to paraphase George Lucas "may have gone too far in a few places"

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Snyder and Wilkinson were right there damnit! Just had them do it, fucking Ayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom