• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2011 Anime Thread of Idols, Penguins, and IKUHARA'S RETURN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So to fix the "kind of a penguin kind of a helmet" issue I added eyes, decreasing its abstraction by about 50%.

icm9lg.png

At the bottom is a test of other changes that can make it look less helmet-y, and more penguin-y.

Haly

Jexhius said:
Interesting, although abstraction is cool.
Indeed, weird looking vader/magneto helmets are not cool however.

Unless you're one of those american nerds.

weeaboo

So, i'm cleaning my backlog and maybe I'm empty inside but I just finished Idolmaster 3/Sacred Seven 4/Kamimemo 3 and I found them all incredibly boring.

Definitely my highlights of the season are Penguin Drum/Usagi Drop. I will probably finish Mayo Chiki and Yuruyuri too for the lulz.

tiff

Banned
I don't think Kamimemo is really being handled badly or anything, but the supporting cast just isn't interesting enough to me. I think that's my problem with it.

Idolmaster is about as good as anyone could have expected it to be, I imagine.

Dresden

Shrink the mouth and make the face a little bit wider. We could have a real KEYface here, which strikes me as being quite appropriate for Gaf-tan.

Rektash

Dresden said:
Shrink the mouth and make the face a little bit wider. We could have a real KEYface here, which strikes me as being quite appropriate for Gaf-tan.

There is only so much Paint and my limited skills can do.

weeaboo

tiff said:
I don't think Kamimemo is really being handled badly or anything, but the supporting cast just isn't interesting enough to me. I think that's my problem with it.

I loved the preair, it was really promising but the last episode was a convoluted mass of scenes that doesn't made sense at all. Monocle-GAF would say "poorly directed"

NewFresh

HanIro Ep.17

The show feels like it's missing something when they don't focus on Ohana; some of the secondary characters start to become annoying pretty quickly (See: Yuina and Enishi). The episode did end well, not the "twist", but the implied maturation of Enishi, though I am sure there will be no noticeable change.

Also...WET BUTTON UP SHIRT!!!
1zwhies.jpg

Haly

Dresden said:
ie3lPg.png

Ezalc

Izayoi said:
Never. DFC or bust.

Clearly what I've been asking for, it's nice to see you agree. Women need curves, especially if it's an anime chick then she needs to have so many curves circles don't understand how the fuck that shit happens.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ezalc said:
Clearly what I've been asking for, it's nice to see you agree. Women need curves, especially if it's an anime chick then she needs to have so many curves circles don't understand how the fuck that shit happens.
Does it need to scream KAAAANEEEEEEDAAAAAA?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hitokage said:
Congrats. The drive for an AnimeGAF-tan has been killed. I approve.

D: But I was all inspired to draw a better pic when I got home. ヽ(´o`;

Izayoi

Banned
Ezalc said:
Women need curves, especially if it's an anime chick then she needs to have so many curves circles don't understand how the fuck that shit happens.
Your lies have gone on long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom