• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope this is true. I'm really interested to see how Fate/Stay Night follows up after Fate/Zero.

I'm honestly of the opinion that this will vary a lot for people who watched Fate/Zero first. No single route will follow up on all the plot threads hanging from Zero, so there could easily end up being a lot of questions along the lines of "why isn't this being addressed?" when it's covered in another route. There's also issues with some characterizations, like Gilgamesh for example, that would seem more one-note in Stay Night because they were expanded upon on Zero.

nintendoman don't even bother with the VN though, even if I thought it was decent (and could save women with my penis), you're going to get the best experience with the Ufotable anime anyways.

Lurky

Hanayamata 2

Dat NTR! Hana is such a homewrecker. This isn't as cute as I imagined it to be so far. I'm really enjoying all of the subtle(but not really all that subtle) yuri undertones. The show still hasn't sold itself to me yet though. I'll give it one more episode.

Jarmel

Banned
Based Ufotable, where other studios would have stumbled and failed, they picked the route that best emphasizes their talents and the work as a whole.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Yeah the VN is ridiculously long. Not worth it overall. A good read but man it takes ages to get good.

Skip Fate (best advice I can give), I found UBW the most enjoyable because it's the most to the point. It's long but it's not meaninglessly long, you get a lot of good character exposition and development, my favourite of the so called none important scenes is when Shirou talks to Ayako about Archery it was quite a fascinating reading the Ancient Japanese art of it and it was very important character exposition (they better not skip it).

Based Ufotable, where other studios would have stumbled and failed, they picked the route that best emphasizes their talents and the work as a whole.

They really are that good It was surprising how spot on they managed to adapt Lancers fighting style from the VN, pretty much exactly how I'd imagined it.

The truck will appear and run over Sakura thus making it the best adaptation of all time.

If it can do so right during her first appearance I'd greatly appreciate it. She arrives at the dojo all ready to cook for senpai and BLAM crash.

As she lays there dying she urges Shirou closer and whispers (spoilers btw)
"strong female characterization always means rape"

Which reminds me that's two shows with that idea. Oh I cannot wait for that one show. The one everybody is going to hate watch. With the bikini mechs

The only thing that's probably really going to suck about Fate/Stay Night for me is *FATE/ZERO SPOILERS*
the fact that we won't see any trace of Iskandar, who was the best thing about Fate/Zero to me.

I'm honestly of the opinion that this will vary a lot for people who watched Fate/Zero first. No single route will follow up on all the plot threads hanging from Zero, so there could easily end up being a lot of questions along the lines of "why isn't this being addressed?" when it's covered in another route. There's also issues with some characterizations, like Gilgamesh for example, that would seem more one-note in Stay Night because they were expanded upon on Zero.

Well, that's probably just the thing with many VN adaptations.

I don't really have that many lingering questions from Fate/Zero though. Even if I did, its good to know that other routes cover them.

Ufotable is awesome. I love the work they did for the anime scenes in Tales of Xillia and the opening.

nintendoman don't even bother with the VN though, even if I thought it was decent (and could save women with my penis), you're going to get the best experience with the Ufotable anime anyways.

Of course I won't bother with the VN. I mean, Fate/Zero was an action anime. Why would I downgrade to a VN that's just a bunch of still images of characters looking at you behind backdrops? :p

Principate

Saint Titanfall
The truck will appear and run over Sakura thus making it the best adaptation of all time.

Ahh man I just laughed, I think it's something to do with the utterly conflicting themes, but she is such a divisive character. I don't hate her but she's a plot device, that I really, really dislike, so it just turns to general dislike. So I just end up laughing at statements like this.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
The truck will be driven by Bahsahkar.

No it will be a BahsaCAR..
6be.png

Carnival phantasm was pretty fun.

| ot | g/reco try

I'm hyped for g/reco, probably unwarranted but I really wanna watch a new good gundam.

mankoto

Fate/Illya S2 10 - Part 1END
All of that for a truce in which they ultimately lost property to gain. Sure they couldn't have won at that rate, but still, they got their asses kicked pretty hard. That 8th card though... Miyu more than likely knows what it is considering how shaken up she was by hearing of its existence.

Overall the series was a lot of fun. Enjoyed it as much as season 1. Can't wait for part 2 next year. Or maybe I'll just pick up the manga...

| ot | g/reco try

I'm optimistic. The last legit gundam I saw was AGE (I didn't see Build Fighters) and that kind of soured me on the series, but bringing in Tomino at leasts promises me it would be an interesting watch (either because of engaging plot and characters or because of melodrama).

Terraformars 1

How did people find this bad, it was an excellent take on the manga putting things in a more logical fashion and delivering a rather more suspenseful and emotional story, and the comedy, lol. They fully delivered on maximizing the potential of the Akari, Alex (KENN!, best voice), and Marcos in the scene. When they first met Akari and their comments and him getting agitated then them pulling his walker away, this is off to a great start for these three. I cant wait for a few more moments.

Michelle K Davis already achieving best performing femchar of the season,

Fireblend

Banned
So guys, being clueless about all this Fate/whatever stuff, is this new show something I can pick up and watch right away, or do I need to watch something before? I know my girlfriend watched some other Fate/Stay (or maybe it was Zero?) thing a few years ago. Is this a remake? A retelling? The Wikipedia page doesn't make things easy to understand.

Blusby

So guys, being clueless about all this Fate/whatever stuff, is this new show something I can pick up and watch right away, or do I need to watch something before? I know my girlfriend watched some other Fate/Stay (or maybe it was Zero?) thing a few years ago. Is this a remake? A retelling? The Wikipedia page doesn't make things easy to understand.
You can watch the upcoming adaptation by itself without watching Zero because the source material its based off of came first, the adaptation is of the second route in the VN, the first route doesn't really offer much other than setup so Ufotable wisely chose to skip it.

You can watch the upcoming adaptation by itself without watching Zero because the source material its based off of came first, the adaptation is of the second route in the VN, the first route doesn't really offer much other than setup so Ufotable wisely chose to skip it.

Didn't Ufotable say that they'd be treating the adaptation as a sequel to Fate Zero? Because if so watching FZ would be a must, assuming that they don't explain certain elements or go in depth into characters from FZ.

Since they adapted Fate/Zero first, Fate/Stay Night is going to function as a sequel and that might be the intent.

Mr.Jeff

All this ufotable love and still can't get people watching Futakoi Alternative. Not that it's an utterly amazing series but considering it's origin, it's a ridiculous achievement. Even if it does fall apart in the second half.

Blusby

Didn't Ufotable say that they'd be treating the adaptation as a sequel to Fate Zero? Because if so watching FZ would be a must, assuming that they don't explain certain elements or go in depth into characters from FZ.

That's misinformation that was spread seemingly throughout all western animu sites, they actually said something closer to "this won't be treated as a sequel to Zero but as its own Stay Night".

All this ufotable love and still can't get people watching Futakoi Alternative. Not that it's an utterly amazing series but considering it's origin, it's a ridiculous achievement. Even if it does fall apart in the second half.

My man, Futakoi Alternative is the best.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Nah they said they said the opposite, that Nasu said they should treat this as a separate work. Though they'll put in the odd scene as a nod.

mankoto

Terraformars 1

How did people find this bad, it was an excellent take on the manga putting things in a more logical fashion and delivering a rather more suspenseful and emotional story, and the comedy, lol. They fully delivered on maximizing the potential of the Akari, Alex (KENN!, best voice), and Marcos in the scene. When they first met Akari and their comments and him getting agitated then them pulling his walker away, this is off to a great start for these three. I cant wait for a few more moments.

It's because they skipped over a few things including back story. An anime only watcher would really be confused by this since nothing isn't explained properly. And given that's how they're going to censor things, I can't wait for the entire screen to be black and white for the entire time something goes down

You should get a job in sales.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Since they adapted Fate/Zero first, Fate/Stay Night is going to function as a sequel and that might be the intent.

Unless they're radically changing things this should be the case. UBW is a self contained story within itself and the prologue serves to get any new readers up to speed on the mechanics of the world etc and general infodump. Fate/Zero shouldn't be needed, but I'm can't remember for sure if there's anything major revealed in fate relevant to UBW outside of Sabers story. She pretty much the only missing gap. I don't know if they'll fill it within this anime or not (basically the only reason to read F/Z and even that misses the fate development). but typically F/Z shouldn't be read first because spoils large swades of F/SN. Still a bit weird.

Damn you western animu sites with your filthy lies

I enjoyed and have attempted to get 2-3 people in this community to watch it before, but I'm not about to do a watch bet. I'd rather somebody just gets interested in it one day when I suggest it.

Mr.Jeff

You should get a job in sales.
This is why I'm not allowed to work in sales in my job.

Also, I don't like to make sweeping comments about how great something is when I know full well there are things wrong with it. By going down that route I'm no better than some of the people that post in Gaming or OT.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Terraformars 1

Let us start with the heavy censorship and work our way from there.

Lurky

Hanayamata 3

Poor Yaya. Hana just keeps cockblocking her. Also, I hope Hana never grows up. She must stay exactly like this forever and ever! >=[
The show itself isn't anything great but Hana is cute and definitely worth another three episodes. I'm just really bored right now.

zulux21

How much of the Fate series have you read, since it may determine how much you'd get out of it, considering your current disposition. It's basically fanservice from F/Z all the way to F/HA. (talking about source materials here). If you haven't read that much and already don't care for it, it's probably not worth your time. If you have read a lot then it may be.

I'll be honest I've read a lot and even then the whole concept terms me off..
I have just seen the stay night anime, the stay night movie, part of fate zero, and very briefly looked into the stuff not adapated.
Honestly I dont think you'd enjoy it at all.

I see..... *looks at the $15 order placed before work* well thanks for the response ^^

I'm half way through Chaika now. I've gotten used to her weird quirks. Watching it is like watching a video game.
School Days 11-12

http://abload.de/img/laugh3ywo6g.gif

Makoto went into goddamn harem overdrive ...

From about episode 6 and till the last moment I took it for granted that
it will be Kotonoha who will deliver the final judgement, so this turn of events took me surprise. Not to mention the amazing confrontation that happened after that.

"Just as I thought. You were lying. There is no baby inside of you."
http://i.imgur.com/A1YXKcN.gif

What a terrific show. It's worth slogging through the first half for those three last episodes.
School Days is my #1 anime. Makoto is my idol.
It's unfortunate that it seems like School Days is the only List anime these days. Well, that and occasionally Yami.

RIP AnimeGAF.
The list has gifted me my first and only 10/10 best anime and my first 1/10 abysmal anime. I'm scared to try any more.
It's time for some birthday wishes!

Happy Birthday hosannainexcelsis, icarus-daedalus and AmethystEnd.
Happy birthday!

Syrinx

Ranma 1/2 49

Show didn't do as much with a effeminate Ranma as it could have. Running out of the men's bathroom crying after looking at the urinal was the highlight.

jbug617

Banned
Did they do an outtakes episode of Carnival Phantasm? I'm specifically looking for the episode where they do Saber Lion and she ends up playing with Lancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom