• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know dimb, there are ways of expressing your opinion without coming off as completely hostile and condescending.

You DID read the last couple of pages right?

The AnimeGAF spirit is that of condescension and shit taste as people like Gravity more than Interstellar. It is an eternal dance. Samba, samba.

Durarara!! X2 The Second Arc Episode 19 – A Cat Has Nine Lives

This whole episode, wow
dont know if Im more shocked at Makado wishing Kida away like that (but at least Kida is sticking around), or all the people Izaya has gathered

phaze

Cencoroll
009520n6joj.png

Enjoyed this quite a bit.You can certainly see signs of shortcuts, with most of the backgrounds being of rudimentary nature but the animation is pretty amazing for what seems to be a one man effort. The story itself works pretty well for the short time it has available. It wastes no time setting up the narrative or explaining things and quickly thrusts the protagonists into the whirl of the action. As such, it obviously doesn't make it clear
what the hell are those alien things roaming the city or the specifics of their connection to the humans but I didn't feel it needed to
, even if it makes it look more like a pilot for the TV Show rather than a self contained short. Really dug the deadpan nature of the dialogue and humor and the fact that
Yuki didn't turn out to be another princess needing rescue.
Adored these chara designs a lot too. Might need to check out Tsuritama for them. Overall - fun, short, very enjoyable.

It wasn't like that two years ago. :(

Things have changed since 2 years ago . what happenned to the animegaf community is more than unfortunate.

I've decided to lurk in this thread ( and not participate in this thread anymore ) because that's what this community has become.

Just wanted to say that.
See you all Animegaf.

Durarara!!x2 14
This is the first time Mikado's character has done anything remotely compelling. I look forward to seeing him again in 3 episodes.

Jarmel

Banned
Cencoroll
Enjoyed this quite a bit.You can certainly see signs of shortcuts, most of the backgrounds are of rudimentary notion but the animation is pretty amazing for what seems to be a one man effort. The story itself works pretty well for the short time it has available. It wastes no time setting up the narrative or explaining things and quickly thrusts the protagonists into the whirl of the action. As such, it obviously doesn't make it clear
what the hell are those alien things roaming the city or the specifics of their connection to the humans but I didn't feel it needed to
, even if it makes it look more like a pilot for the TV Show rather than a self contained short. Really dug the deadpan nature of the dialogue and humor and the fact that
Yuki didn't turn out to be another princess needing rescue.
Adored these chara designs a lot too. Might need to check out Tsuritama for them. Overall - fun, short, very enjoyable.

Yea I enjoyed this a lot too, mainly for the music. It's an impressive one man show despite a few problems/limitations. I thought we were supposed to have the sequel by now.

Tenumi

Banned
Things have changed since 2 years ago . what happenned to the animegaf community is more than unfortunate.

I've decided to lurk in this thread ( and not participate in this thread anymore ) because that's what this community has become.

Just wanted to say that.
See you all Animegaf.

You aren't the only one. I know my participation has lowered immensely since my 'incident'. I honestly have no desire to continue on with the community anymore. I just... need an extended break from it.

Those still here, have fun. Be yourselves. Most importantly, be happy.

phaze

Durarara!!x2 14
This is the first time Mikado's character has done anything remotely compelling. I look forward to seeing him again in 3 episodes.

Impossibru.

Just wanted to say that.
See you all Animegaf.

Not like this R_thanatos. ;_;

See you but I hope you'll reconsider. :(

----

I haven't been here for full 2 years yet but the convulsions of this thread strike me as a long recurring phenomenon and not something particularly new.

Ascheroth

Durarara!! x2 - 19

Damn, that was brutal. Poor Shinra :(
Mikado is crazy.
He seriously burned that stalker alive.
I like him better this way. Izaya seems to have something really major planned - and that's never a good thing. After the more comedy focused episodes this season, this went really dark really fast. Next episode, please.

In the deep dark seasons of eastern animation
That's the place where I talk about waifus
And it's there I read on a hillside gravestone
You'll never leave animegaf alive.

To those leaving take care. To those staying here, let's watch the latest Charlotte and laugh at how bad it is.

In the deep dark seasons of eastern animation
That's the place where I talk about waifus
And it's there I read on a hillside gravestone
You'll never leave animegaf alive.

To those leaving take care. To those staying here, let's watch the latest Charlotte and laugh at how bad it is.

Is...is it okay to laugh even if I don't watch it? It's key so it's justified anyways!

Charlotte Episode 7 – The End of the Exodus

Loved the time away from the apartment, such a compelling activity for him, and those faces.
surprised he turned out to be some hero delinquent

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Charlotte

This whole thing is KEY as fuck, its just like (Clannad spoilers)
when Tomoya got all depressed after Nagisa died. Except at least they made his descent off the deep end entertaining here and showed how he could *really* abuse his powers.

Maybe it wasn't really supposed to be funny, but stealing the gang members' cocaine made me laugh.

Puruzi

Banned

Just wanted to say that.
See you all Animegaf.

Peace out.
Sucks that people don't know how to chill out about anime and take everything way too seriously, but them's the breaks. Angry and hostile folks up in here.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Also, I don't know what you guys are up to on the last couple of pages, but stop fucking fighting and stop fucking dog-piling on each other. Its fucking obnoxious.

Charlotte 7

Everything I was promised when I knew it was KEY and more. So good.
ding dong the sis is dead!

I won't lie and say I wasn't entertained by
him going on an absolute kicking ass spree. This includes making a guard jump off the second floor, and whooping a bunch of thugs at a time

This isn't the hero KEY wants. It's the hero Key deserves.

Charlotte 7
Oh god, this delivered beyond my wildest expectations. Hahaha.

so I guess the fabled key "twist~" kicked in this ep?

As everything Key they attempt to pull your heart strings. All that was missing is
a heartfelt goodbye scene

Like tears in the rain

Feltrol

Banned
Charlotte 7

RIP Ayumi.
I really liked the direction this episode went in. Can't wait for next week!

I ship Yuu and Tomori.

Angry Grimace

Confession:
I found imouto annoying to begin with. When Yusarin inevitably channels her, I'll probably still find her annoying.

Gate - 07

The whole segment of Colada gasping at the military might, just as tanks and helicopters went 'fuck yeah' was great. I didn't think anything would triumph the word Iron Pegasus, but Iron Elephants is pretty neat. Next episode should fun to see their reactions of even more stuff.

Ascheroth

Charlotte - 07

I'm not sure if I was supposed to feel sad or laugh, but whatever, this episode was entertaining as hell.

Man did Yuu go crazy. Loved how he abused his powers like a badess, and did whatever the hell he wanted. But that shooting game scene was really cringy.

Nao is great. Not sure how it's going to continue from now on, but please don't go back to the power of the week format at least.

kewlmyc

Charlotte 07

Damn, I knew he was going to go off the deep end, but I wasn't expecting all of that.
Little sis really is dead since he has her ashes and everything. Yuu becoming a thug and almost doing drugs.
Wasn't expecting such a powerful episode.

Exalted

Charlotte 7
First good episode after the pilot episode.
You don't get to see any of the main cast actually die and experience loss in animes a lot, so this was kinda refreshing. Was kinda more dramatic than actualy sad .

Tokyo Ghoul Jack PV2

I can't get used to Arima with blue hair. Fura looks silly too.

Hopefully they step up with the animation because this is a OVA. Third times the charm isn't it? Yeah my expectations are low though.

They still have to do another OVA which is about Tsukiyama and after that will be the inevitable Tokyo Ghoul:Re adaption.😔

I'm still pissed on how they literally fucked up season 2. Here's a comparison between the manga and anime Spoilers http://i.imgur.com/V3Fq8jM.jpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom