• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I like Bones they are one of my favorite Studios but they did fuck up on Captain Earth, Chaika second season, AO, and DTB second season.

Man, Captain Earth. It had so much potential. There was so much about that show I wanted to like, but it was so mediocre overall.

Also, they never made another Eureka Seven show. Canonically nothing else ever happened.

Iroha would be the best choice since both Yui and Yukinon won't have to see either of them be a third wheel. Iroha can remove herself from the circle that the three of them have established. I see Yuki winning and Yui accepting it since she's nice enough to let hachi and Yuki be happy together. It'll be a sad end either way. The show is mature enough to hopefully not get too petty with the romance triangle crap as it's been smart in dealing with relationships so far.
Very true, which really makes me hope for some kind of conclusion be it via OVA or a movie because if they deal with this as well as they have these past 2 seasons story wise, this ending could potentially be one of the greatest things ever. I'll try my best to be strong and not read the LNs.

duckroll

I like Bones they are one of my favorite Studios but they did fuck up on Captain Earth, Chaika second season, AO, and DTB second season.

moinVpP.jpg

Arabesque

To be fair, Soul Eater got stupid in the manga too by the end so I guess the BONES ending was just a warning rather than a fuck up.

Articalys

In all fairness, Kadokawa shares some of the blame for that one, by limiting them to 10 episodes. I mean, they probably would have been forced into an anime original ending either way, but they might have been able to improve some parts of it with a couple extra episodes to work with.

duckroll

In all fairness, Kadokawa shares some of the blame for that one, by limiting them to 10 episodes. I mean, they probably would have been forced into an anime original ending either way, but they might have been able to improve some parts of it.

I don't think it was an anime original ending. It was just bad. If they had more episodes, it might have been less bad though.

Phatmac

To be fair, Soul Eater got stupid in the manga too by the end so I guess the BONES ending was just a warning rather than a fuck up.
Yeah that's true. I didn't read the manga so I assumed BONES fucked it up but it ended badly in every way. It still hurts though.

Man, Captain Earth. It had so much potential. There was so much about that show I wanted to like, but it was so mediocre overall.

Also, they never made another Eureka Seven show. Canonically nothing else ever happened.

Too bad all the production value was wasted on a messy boring story. It really sucked when Captain Earth bombed real bad especially with those production values.

In all fairness, Kadokawa shares some of the blame for that one, by limiting them to 10 episodes. I mean, they probably would have been forced into an anime original ending either way, but they might have been able to improve some parts of it.

Then I guess it's not Bones fault, cross that out then.

duckroll

From what I understand, the general outline of events was similar to how the novels ended, but they changed a bunch of details and cut things down a ton.

Yes, but I think they did the same thing with Scrapped Princess and it worked out fine. The problem with Chaika doesn't seem to be whether it is anime original or not, but the second season was just so rushed nothing worked after the first couple of episodes. :/

Articalys

Yes, but I think they did the same thing with Scrapped Princess and it worked out fine. The problem with Chaika doesn't seem to be whether it is anime original or not, but the second season was just so rushed nothing worked after the first couple of episodes. :/
Still counts as partially Kadokawa's fault for kneecapping them and making them rush through the entire rest of the series in 10 episodes!

yami4ct

Too bad all the production value was wasted on a messy boring story. It really sucked when Captain Earth bombed real bad especially with those production values.

The story could have been good, too. There was a lot of interesting ideas in that world. Too bad the characters were all boring as hell.

Good mech designs and great production values backed up by nothing. It wasn't even good bad like Valvrave. The show would've actually been more enjoyable if it was worse.

Eureka Seven AO will always be BONES biggest cross to bear. They took one of the coolest mecha shows of all time and gave us a story so terrible and pointless, it wrote its own existence out of canon. It's like the authors realized at the end that they were doing more harm than good and the show was better off not existing at all.

As much as we give shit to Bones for some of their mistakes at least they aren't as bad as Madhouse (Mahou Sensou/Magical Warfare) lol.

yami4ct

As much as we give shit to Bones for some of their mistakes at least they aren't as bad as Madhouse (Mahou Sensou/Magical Warfare) lol.

I was going to say "at least MAPPA hasn't screwed up too bad yet", but then I remember Terror in Resonance was a thing. That's probably one of the biggest waste of staff potential in recent memory.

DJwest

My 3 animes are done: Kuroko, Jojo and Assassination Classroom. I need new epic anime ! Any suggestion GAF? Is there any other sport anime where characters turn super sayianjin lol.

My 3 animes are done: Kuroko, Jojo and Assassination Classroom. I need new epic anime ! Any suggestion GAF? Is there any other sport anime where characters turn super sayianjin lol.

Noragami and Kekkai Sensen both by Bones Studio. Both are action comedy shows with the latter being episodic.

For sports anime try Haikyuu.

I was going to say "at least MAPPA hasn't screwed up too bad yet", but then I remember Terror in Resonance was a thing. That's probably one of the biggest waste of staff potential in recent memory.

Terror in Resonance looked so promising with the amazing production values, OST, and characters/story. The beginning felt great but then it eventually went downhill out of nowhere. Mappa did screw up but still their animation is top tier. Hopefully they will do a great job with Ushio no Tora which is the show they are adapting for Summer Season.

Articalys

One of few good things about AO was when Kenichi Yoshida started trolling super hard with all the Anemone pictures on his blog near the end of the show.

So I just watched the Charlotte p.v. and came across the creator. Turns out, it's the same guy who made EVERY sad anime ever: Angel Beats, CLANNAD, Air, Kanon, and even Little Busters.

I'm not sure whether to get excited for this or not...

jbug617

Banned
NISA only announced Pilot's Love Song (Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta) release date. It's 9/22

They are going to dub all of Love Live. First season dub will be available only in the Standard Edition. 2nd season will have dub in both version.

So I just watched the Charlotte p.v. and came across the creator. Turns out, it's the same guy who made EVERY sad anime ever: Angel Beats, CLANNAD, Air, Kanon, and even Little Busters.

Only show I like out of those is Angel Beats. Loathe the rest. Since this isn't based on a VN like with Angel Beats, I'm hoping it's good.

It seems the writer Maeda Jun warned people that the first 6 episodes of Charlotte would be boring. So take that as you will.

Risette

A Good Citizen

why is this a highlight in the OP

sonicmj1

Ranpo Kitan - Game of Laplace 1

I stopped watching when the show introduced the new homeroom teacher with the obnoxiously cutesy way of speaking and dressing that's clearly derived from some twisted otaku fantasies. Even in a light-hearted work I would find this character annoying but in what is ostensibly a serious murder mystery this is beyond the pale.

That was the point where I knew I'd never watch another episode.

Still finished it, though, just to know exactly what beast I was dealing with.

Game of Laplace 1

So is this like an adaptation of something from the 40s, or is it just inspired by Ranpo's works?

It's alright.

"Inspired" by Ranpo's works.

made a special edit just for sonicmj1

F9cN6S3.png

fixed it for u

Yeah it could totally be a fuck up, but it could be a fuck up at MAPPA too!
I refuse to admit that BONES could fuck anything up, no one can make me!

People have to learn that no studio is exempt from making poor works. When people say, "If only Studio X was doing such-and-such instead," all I can think is how that would be no guarantee of success. The staff of a particular production is a much better indication of its likely quality, and even that doesn't make for sure bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom