• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto Shippuden: 428

Why_5d76e0_1095350.jpg

Just end this already god damn it.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Ore monogatari 21-22
I guess Sunakawa still prefer to be single. Takeo and Yamato being supportive make me smile.

e_i

The mangka of Hayate the Combat Butler has a new manga out this week called Ad Astra Per Aspera.

Cornbread78

Fair warning, depending on your tolerance for teen angst, you may really dislike the start of Eureka Seven.

I'll be honest, while I think the show doesn't go overboard, the early episodes of Eureka Seven felt a bit boring to be honest.

I'm really confused. Episode 5 is them going into battle against a secret, but now episode 6 is a weird flashback scene? so confused..

Saudades

Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider starts October 8th on Noitamina.

Main staff:

Director: Mamoru Kanbe
Series Composition and Screenplay: Toshiya Ohno
Screenplay: Yuusuke Watanabe, Mami Amemiya
Original Character Design: Inio Asano
Character Design: Yoshiko Okuda
Color Design: Kanako Hokari
Art Director: Masatoshi Kai
3D Director: Akira Fukuda
Director of Photography: Ken Hagiwara
Music: Kenji Kawai
Sound Director: Katsunori Shimizu
Prop Design: Haruo Miyagawa
Laboratory Design: Shin Nagasawa
Editing: Takeshi Seyama
Production: A-1 Pictures

Source

Noragami Aragoto TV Anime's starts October 3

Dimension W starts January (Winter 2016)
PV is out now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqBv7Sgl-f8
The muted color tone reminds me of Zankyou no Terror. Hope it turns out better than that, would love to see Asano works more in anime.

I'm really confused. Episode 5 is them going into battle against a secret, but now episode 6 is a weird flashback scene? so confused..

Yeah, you don't get real answers till the end of the series practically.

There is one episode that literally explains, almost everything story wise. But that's like 4-5 episodes before the finale.

blurr

Yet to watch the latest School Live but Yuki is the best and amazing OP. I like where the show is heading in regard to Yuki's condition.

Cornbread78

Eureka 7 ep. 3-6:
Lots of happenings really quick that puts him with that fishy non government agency. These types of companies always have something dubious going one behind the scenes... MC is really young, but a pretty good overall with his strenght and resolve. The action sequences they show are pretty good, but that flashback at eht beginning of ep.6 really felt out of place, but as was mentioned above, I'm sure that crazy woman and that scene will all make sense much later. Good stuff overall so far..

I'm watching and enjoying it as well. It's gotten better since the last season of X2 where the direction and animation were pretty shitty

I'm also enjoying it a lot because of how it handles its characters, even though it's harder to follow all the plots that are going on simultaneously with none of them being the main focus yet unlike the first season, which had a fairly prominent plot thread that revolved around the secrets that Anri, Ryuugamine and Masaomi kept from each other.

I'm also watching and enjoying it!

At first I was surprised people disliked it, until I read the reasons for their distaste. There are definitely a lot of characters, and they definitely focus less on Ryuugamine than they used to. And that's why I like it.

There's something about a story that just haphazardly follows a bunch of different characters, and skips around in time, and doesn't really give a fuck about conventionally telling a linear story that really appeals to me. I fucking love it. :D

I'm watching it too and enjoy it quite a bit. I'm actually pretty amazed how even the episodes about characters I thought I didn't really care about turned out really good and made me rethink stuff (particularly the episode about Seiji and his stalker girlfriend).

Glad to see I'm wrong about what people on AnimeGAF thought about DRRRX2. Let us continue to enjoy the many characters and story that DRRR has to offer.

Squalor

Yeah, you don't get real answers till the end of the series practically.

There is one episode that literally explains, almost everything story wise. But that's like 4-5 episodes before the finale.
And you'll still be scratching your head about a lot of it, haha.
Truly the most frightening jutsu of them all.
Like all forbidden jutsu in the series, the "forbidden" part gets ignored, and there are no repercussions for the user.

School Live 09

I'd like to post my impressions but I don't have the time, I have a feeling that the FBI is going to be on my doorstep any mintue now.

smh

Mandelbo

School Live 09

I'd like to post my impressions but I don't have the time, I have a feeling that the FBI is going to be on my doorstep any mintue now.

smh

Haven't watched this for a few weeks, but is it... going anywhere? It's a shame if it isn't, given how it was doing up to where I left off.

JulianImp

Haven't watched this for a few weeks, but is it... going anywhere? It's a shame if it isn't, given how it was doing up to where I left off.

After getting flashbacks to Miki in her lingerie for episodes five and six, the show has finally decided to give some love to the rest of the cast, having a Miki shower scene, then Yuki and Kurumi in her underwear as they washed Taroumaru, more Miki wearing a shirt but no pants (= panty shots) during EP8, and EP9 has been nothing but a pool episode, complete with swimsuits, Mii-kun feeling envy towards Rii's assets, and finally a shower scene with everybody in it for good measure.

Oh, and then there're zombies in the show. Sometimes. While the characters do some random fun activity and the camera cuts to the school's race track.

After getting flashbacks to Miki in her lingerie for episodes five and six, the show has finally decided to give some love to the rest of the cast, having a Miki shower scene, then Yuki and Kurumi in her underwear as they washed Taroumaru, more Miki wearing a shirt but no pants (= panty shots) during EP8, and EP9 has been nothing but a pool episode, complete with swimsuits, Mii-kun feeling envy towards Rii's assets, and finally a shower scene with everybody in it for good measure.

Oh, and then there're zombies in the show. Sometimes. While the characters do some random fun activity and the camera cuts to the school's race track.

Don't forget about the part where Yuki became a pop idol!

Also the part where Miki said that "being locked up in a room, only staying alive" is a bad thing to do, she really likes to say that, over and over and over and over.

Cornbread78

Anyone else use a Kindle to watch anime? I finally got to use my daughter's again, but Crunchy just keeps tellin me Umara and School Live are being prepped for my device... Also, queue is gone as well as history. Did they drop support for it?

Squalor

8Cr62L7.jpg

jonjonaug

If they followed the manga, this would have been the episode where shit got super real, with (possible next episode spoiler)
Kurumi attempting to scout out the newly unlocked basement, encountering Megu-nee, and being bitten by her
. Instead the plot was put on hold for 20 minutes of anime original fanservice.

Mandelbo

It's going in the bin

...oh. That's... not exactly what I wanted it to turn into.

JulianImp

...oh. That's... not exactly what I wanted it to turn into.

Yeah, so much for what initially looked like a psychological thriller that played around with generic school club SoL tropes...

I mean, one thing's turning it into a generic SoL that just happens to have zombies shambling around in the background (which was bad enough on its own), but adding fanservice of high school girls that look like grade schoolers (because moe) makes me thing that whoever was in charge of the adaptation had some really bad taste.

Squalor

Modern Anime. What a sad day.
R.I.P.

394Qm3p.gif

Yeah, so much for what initially looked like a psychological thriller that played around with generic school club SoL tropes...

I mean, one thing's turning it into a generic SoL that just happens to have zombies shambling around in the background (which was bad enough on its own), but adding fanservice of high school girls that look like grade schoolers (because moe) makes me thing that whoever was in charge of the adaptation had some really bad taste.
Ah, the moe fanservice. Oh you, Japan.

Russ T

Banned

Yeah shit is gross. At this point I'm watching just to see how bad the train wreck gets.

After episode 3, I really thought this show would surpass the manga in its adaptation. Guess not. The manga has nowhere near as much fanservice, if any.

Very disappointing considering how good the manga got.

Mandelbo

I suppose it might be too much to expect that the pool episode and the fanservice are a feverish hallucination as a result of starvation, the supplies having run out long ago? It could happen, right?

I hope things turn around...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 9:

Oh I know this trick Gakkou, I know what you are doing apart of doling out the usual pointless fanservice that comes with one of these episode types. An episode this light means next episode is going pitch black and sadness is coming.

Squalor

I suppose it might be too much to expect that the pool episode and the fanservice are a feverish hallucination as a result of starvation, the supplies having run out long ago? It could happen, right?
Your faith/naïvety is commendable. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom