• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made in Abyss 11

I dunno, there just something that doesn't click for me. I don't really even have some big complaints, it's a very competently made show, even more than that really and quite unique one to boot, with a setting that is a breath of fresh air, creative creature design and loads of care deployed into depicting both of those but I just... don't really find the two leads or their quest interesting or engaging enough to captivate me. Riko in particular is just this useless, naive and actively stupid character that I don't mesh well with at all.

I mostly feel the same. I do care for the mystery and exploring the abyss' world quite a bit, however.

Otherwise, both the writing and direction just lack a certain edge for me (except, of course, the edge).

Taruranto

Bahamut 22

fbc1Px6.jpg

Uh, did I miss something? Maybe he didn't give the order now, but didn't he try to kill him multiple times through the show?

Jeanne's speech sucked. She's supposed to be angry, but she just feels mildly annoyed.

Symphogear G - 2

Okay Dark Magician Gundam Deathscythe girl is pretty cool I guess.

Best thing about this episode was Hibiki getting called out on her hypocrisy.

Symphogear AXZ 11

Holy shit.

Also they're getting sloppy with the songs. Why is their a Nana Mizuki song while Hibiki is fighting solo? Not that I'm complaining, just saying.

because technically hibiki wasnt fighting solo, Saint Germain was acting as back up(and by backup, i mean creating platforms so bikki can jump up and punch things). so you can give a pass on the nana song for that reason alone lol.

Squishy3

Symphogear AXZ 11

Holy shit.

Also they're getting sloppy with the songs. Why is their a Nana Mizuki song while Hibiki is fighting solo? Not that I'm complaining, just saying.
they play a hibiki song and then the second one's just the OP song because it's the big hero moment

i actually have no idea what is going to happen next episode and i'm so excited

Ascheroth

because technically hibiki wasnt fighting solo, Saint Germain was acting as back up(and by backup, i mean creating platforms so bikki can jump up and punch things). so you can give a pass on the nana song for that reason alone lol.

they play a hibiki song and then the second one's just the OP song because it's the big hero moment

i actually have no idea what is going to happen next episode and i'm so excited
I don't need a reason to give a Nana Mizuki song a pass, lol.
Just saying I found it amusing, as the show is generally good at having those sing that actually fight.
Unless there were more instances and I just forgot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd probably enjoy Symphogear a lot more if it had somebody singing T.M. Revolution or JAM Project.

EDIT: And FLOW. Can't forget about the Jibun Wo gods.

Kakegurui 10–11

I am really getting into this and really liked these two episodes. It's too bad right as the show is at it's most enjoyable is when it's about to end...

My Hero Academia 36

Best girl is realizing her feelings for Deku... This I like!

I really hope they keep going with this show. It's one of my favorites and don't want to see it end!

Ushio and Tora episode 1-14

The only thing I don't like about this show is how damsel-y the women tend to be

Like I get it, "lone kid wields mighty penis symbol with his pet", but you can have 'em do more than be in trouble and occasionally naked :p

Szadek

Ushio and Tora episode 1-14

The only thing I don't like about this show is how damsel-y the women tend to be

Like I get it, "lone kid wields mighty penis symbol with his pet", but you can have 'em do more than be in trouble and occasionally naked :p
Just keep watching.

Anyway:
Revolutionary Girl Utena - Ep. 6
Not too much too say about this episode. It's the first absurdist humour episodes.
While it might seems realtively pointless at the time, it actually an set up episode.

Revolutionary Girl Utena - Ep. 7
Yuri episode, I mean Juri episode
which are also yuri episodes
The betrayl of the friend made her disillusioned about "mircales", so she wants to prove that the power of the rose maiden doesn't exist.
However, she lost the duell due to something that seems like a mircale, which makes her questions her belives.

What interesting is that it seems a bit like Himemiya is actively provoking Juri, but that only makes sense if she knows her backstory.
I wonder who could have told her...

Chase17

Welcome to the Ballroom 8-11
Thought this was picking up momentum prior to the Tenpai cup, but it's still not very good.

All the plot points are there but they aren't executed very well. We learn why Gaju wants to separate from Mako, which is fine, but he is still too much of a dick to her for me to care/feel like she should even want to switch partners back. Shizuku's personality doesn't show up until the 11th hour of the arc. The anime goes way overboard with Marisa. The dancing itself might be the biggest problem since it is just boring here, the manga at least has nice art lol. Tenpai cup drags too. That said I do think there are some nice moments in this arc, like when you realize Tatara finished dead last in the finals is fun too.

Hopefully Chinatsu can salvage the series.

Isekai Shokudou END

Didn't feel like the last episode but that's alright, it was still a great comfy watch all the same. Easily the comfy, easy watching show of the season. Don't watching it hungry while also having no means to actually make the things they eat in the show though!

Restaurant Isekai 12: END

Ok. This show started promising when it didn't ruin its premise to do something else. But it went the complete opposite direction. It was beyond mundane. Everything episode followed the same basic structure. Returning characters didn't do much or grow, they were just there as regulars. The lead characters one of them didnt join the show until more than halfway in. The lead two's relationship stayed the same throughout the whole show.

It was a show that in its aim to not ruin its basic setting, it went nowhere. I can't recommend it unless you are SPECIFICALLY looking for a show to have in the background that is calm. I give it 4/10 Woofs.

John Blade

Just got in my 2x 8TB WD External Storage today. This will be use to hold my Anime collection which I have rip slowly from my physical collection. Look like I will able to finish ripping my other half of my collection without any fear of no space now and maybe trying to get through my anime backlogged which I need to get through everyday.

LotusHD

Banned
No need for tryhards or their dumb tsundumbre cousins.

Tryhards are the best kinds of hard tho...

shokugeki-no-soma-gif-19.gif

Soma is pretty awful now but the only reason I keep reading is Rindou so she must be the best

Did she show up in Season 2? I read the manga during that, so I didn't bother with Season 2. But I got bored of reading the manga, and decided to just stick with the anime from now on, so I'm a bit lost lol

Anyways, if I recall correctly, she made a good impression.

but she's more tryhard than those 2
you know, to make up for her lack of talent

I said goddamn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom