• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I don't bother with the garbage tier. Note how I didn't list folk like Erina, or Umaru, or anyone fom Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.
Haha, I was more just making reference to the fact that I can think of at least seven shows off the top of my head that feature a principle character named Megumi (or some close variation). It's a rather popular name in anime as of late.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
not a single haruna on that list. smfh

xV1CI6S.gif

MSMrRound

Symphogear G - 2

Okay Dark Magician Gundam Deathscythe girl is pretty cool I guess.

Best thing about this episode was Hibiki getting called out on her hypocrisy.

nintendoman re-picking up on Symphogear...datto!?

Enjoy, rest of G was a pretty fun ride

Princess Principal 11

Oh man, not like this. I'm just hoping Dorothy ended up just having a fun holiday with L or something ;_; single cour feels really a tad too rushed for this series

Fate A 12

Man, still not feeling FateA so far. The conflict sounded so interesting at first glance but outside of redsaber/rsabermaster/Jeanne the rest of the characters have been rather meh. Fights would have been more awesome if it wasn't so freaking dimmed all of the time or have a better audio mixer instead of just all those dull metal clangs.

Made in Abyss 11

Soft and fluffy~

Symphogear AXZ 11

My fav thing this season is still livewatching with the peeps over on the Symphogear discord. These last minutes curveballs and all, just when we thought we had them figured out. Even those hardcore theory-making fans didn't see it coming. Not bad not bad.

Oh, and other than Hibiki's B-side song on her character single, the Mizuki Nana song was actually Unlimited Beat, the very same one that they used for the Symphogear XD Unlimited mobage game. Rofl. Really took me by surprise to hear it playing in the show itself....but wait does that mean we might see __________!?!?

Narag

Kuzu no Honkai is one omission that springs to my mind at the moment.
Oh yeah, good call there.
Kado: The Right Answer - I still stand by it.
I do owe this to duckroll after promising to watch it then life getting weird for me when it was airing so I couldn't quite get to it.
Altair
18if
Hand Shakers
Kenka bancho otome girl beats boys
Chain Chronicle, best fantasy of the year

You missed Akashi Records.
If I have time, I'll watch Hand Shakers.
Hmm. You hate almost everything I watch, so......

Winter Season:
- Scum's Wish
- Tales of Zestiria (fantasy + awesome!)
- Interviews with Monster Girls

Spring Season:
- Eromanga Sensei (just so you can have that * trash stamp that we all got from the experience)
- Grimoire of Zero
- Sukasuka
- Tsuki ga Kirei (this is really good, but it is a slow drama/romance show, so...)
- Saekano S2
- Clockwork Planet (the show is not very good, but it is pretty damned fun and entertaining)

Summer Season:
- Made in Abyss
- Tsurezure Children
- Gamers!
- Aho Girl
- Love and Lies (probably just my own tastes here, since I think I'm the only one left watching it, but it is pretty good stuff)
- New Game S2
- Isekai Smartphone Jesus (just for the spectacle of it all..)
-
Sukasuka is one I keep forgetting to watch. Production quality of Eromanga Sensei tempts but content does not.
They don't even count as monster girls.

Worth looking at Aho Girl. One of the stronger comedies for this year. If you really want crappy fantasy shows the Danmachi is right there but it's pretty bad. I guess there's Grimoire of Zero too, which is just as bad if not worse.
Danmachi fans I know kept calling it Sword of Boreatoria so yeah, too crappy for me. Grimoire of Zero and Aho Girl sound good though. You've never let me down with recs for thie stuff yet. It's also a damn shame people insist upon stretching the truth about these "monster" girls when I could wisely watch Magipoka again instead.

Sometimes I wonder if I read the same series.

Maybe cooking is just a shitty idea to hang a shonen series on without going full Yakitake Japan. You just end up with people winning matches because someone noticed the window was open, and the only way to tell what was actually better is just by reading where the characters place in canon. Its like Welcome to the Ballroom where I actually have no idea what is separating the best from the rest without them telling me.

Cornbread78

Love & Lies ep.12
I'm a little angry at that wishy washy non-ending ending. OK, I'm very angry. The show was excellent, but crashed hard at the end. This is an ongoing manga, isn't it? That just wasn't fair.

#fuckingstupidanimeendingsforshowsIlikepissmeofftonoend.

DNAbro

Love & Lies ep.12

I'm a little angry at that wishy washy non-ending ending. OK, I'm very angry. The show was excellent, but crashed hard at the end. This is an ongoing manga, isn't it? That just wasn't fair.

wait did he get married to both? And Nisaka left out in the cold?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Love & Lies ep.12

It's an ongoing series that puts out chapters with like 4 pages.

His and Her Circumstances Ep. 1

This embraces the breakneck pacing of the manga for better and worse. The visual storytelling is just so much better than the manga and the visual charisma really enhances the comedy and well everything. Yukino's immaturity is sold way better than the source and she feels like a more believable character. The breakneck pacing really benefits the comedy but at the cost of the drama, not to say that it is impotent. I wish they hadn't adapted it so literal in terms of the script. Yukino's characterization is really crammed down your throat even if it is done here in a much more charming way. There's very little time to buy into her facade before it is shattered.

Narag

Symphogear AXZ 11

wow past the spear of desitny theft that was mistaken for evangelion, there was a dude named Adam in this, obviously an evangelion ripoff. he was even the first of his whatevers

Other things stolen:
  • a drill possibly taken from Getter Robo
  • a fighting techinuqe stolen from 08th MS Team
  • Adam tried to change his name to Adam Kadmon so Digimon was pilfered from
  • some stuff from GX which shows how creatively bankrupt Symphogear is that it had to steal from itself
  • i think there was some alchemy afoot so even Fullmetal Alchemist was a victim

Ascheroth

Symphogear AXZ 11

wow past the spear of desitny theft that was mistaken for evangelion, there was a dude named Adam in this, obviously an evangelion ripoff. he was even the first of his whatevers

Other things stolen:
  • some stuff from GX which shows how creatively bankrupt Symphogear is that it had to steal from itself
Wow, that's shameless.

Symphogear AXZ 11

Other things stolen:

it was pretty great wasnt it?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom