• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sun and Moon August 12th Update Possibly Leaked: The Redemption of Raichu

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
xo4BVGW.jpg

Still not sure how this works, based on Level like an evolution but only works in battle?

School Form is like a temporary evolution then? That's pretty neat. I wasn't all that excited about Wishiwashi at first, but after seeing one in-action, I might have to make room in my team for this guy. What an absolute beast.

Kinsei

Banned
WISHIWASHI LOOKS AWESOME

I still don't get its ability. "When it reaches a certain level..." Wouldn't that just be the same as evolution? It's like an evolved form that starts as a base form but after a certain level immediately turns into its other form at the start of battle... O_O

It seems that way. I guess they didn't want to make it a normal evo since it's multiple Pokemon.

L Thammy

This is amazing. Sun & Moon has such high highs and low lows for me.

WISHIWASHI LOOKS AWESOME

I still don't get its ability. "When it reaches a certain level..." Wouldn't that just be the same as evolution? It's like an evolved form that starts as a base form but after a certain level immediately turns into its other form at the start of battle... O_O

It's probably just an excuse to have an on-screen fish fusion.

Ydelnae

Like I said in the other thread, Raichu is the worst Alola form yet imo. I don't like the eyes, the color pattern and the ears. I think the should have done something more interesting with the surfer theme instead of just merging Raichu with Sylveon.

Vulpix and Exeggutor remain the best.

fuck

please game freak don't show too many cuz I can bring myself to look if it's official but jeez I want some surprises

Still all amazing tho

Marow

I thought Dedenne evolved into Raichu at this point. Really glad for a new form, though! And I like the new monsters.

Kyzer

Banned
achieving a form at a certain level

lmao

Ohmori is turning the series on its head as much as possible

I have a feeling this is gonna be like Magikarp. Very weak and then extremely strong.

What are the potential benefits/differences of not being a traditional evolution?

Do people who hate megas because forms arent new pokemon mad at this?

I tweeted at Masuda "Why cant my Pokemon evolve during battle?" once, maybe this is his answer

Neiteio

It seems that way. I guess they didn't want to make it a normal evo since it's multiple Pokemon.
That must be it. I think they want to emphasize that it's one fish who calls upon other fish, and the best way to see this contrast is to make it a form change. However, this means it can't have other more useful abilities. It probably gains a stat boost, but if it were an evolved form it would gain a stat boost + a useful ability. Hmm...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm so tired of forms. It was interesting/new with Deoxys, but at this point it's just a tired gimmick.

DedValve

Banned
This is Pokémon. We're all being silly.

I don't know what other Pokémon have Alolan formes, though, because other threads regarding this subject have been respectful to people who are on media blackout.

Is it really too much to ask for the word "Raichu" to be removed from the thread title?

I know of at least one more Gaffer who'll casually stumble upon this thread's title and have the surprise ruined for him.

Thanks, Nostradamus.

If you were really on a blackout then you shouldnt even know about alolan forms.

I'm legit loving all these variations / transformations without being evos. Really hope that having a bunch of pokemon like that becomes the norm from now on!

Crocodile

Didn't stop Koffing > Weezing or Magnemite > Magneton > Magnezone or Klink > Klang > Klinklang :p

The written website update will probably be how we learn how the ability really works

I have to wonder, will any Pikachu that evolves in Alola become Alolan Raichu? Or will Alolan Pikachu also be a thing? Or different evolution methods?

Calm Mind

My god, Nintendo & Game Freak have to get a handle on these leaks.

It's only a rumor for now, so we aren't sure about its legitimacy. Unlike the NX leak, only one (pretty reliable, from what others have said) source is backing the rumor up right now.

I have my suspicions that this is a controlled leak. Just the timing of it.

J@hranimo

Banned
Looking at Raichu more, I like this version a lot better than the original because the ears are much better here.

...........I got a feeling that sea cucumber is gonna evolve into something powerful.

Neoxon

I have to wonder, will any Pikachu that evolves in Alola become Alolan Raichu? Or will Alolan Pikachu also be a thing? Or different evolution methods?
My guess, any Pichus or Pikachus caught in Alola evolve into Alolan Raichu. Pichus & Pikachus from other regions will likely evolve into Regular Raichu.

Kinsei

Banned
Didn't stop Koffing > Weezing or Magnemite > Magneton > Magnezone or Klink > Klang > Klinklang :p

The written website update will probably be how we learn how the ability really works

Those Pokemon fuse together and become one being though. This is a school of fish working together and then going their separate ways once the battle is over. They couldn't really get that across as a regular evolution.

Kyzer

Banned

might be like exeggcute, which means we have no idea if theres a different method or if its just in alola

Top Bottom