• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sun and Moon August 12th Update Possibly Leaked: The Redemption of Raichu

Neiteio

I'm guessing the fish gets real good stats in exchange for its ability to access that form
It's effectively a Pokemon that "re-evolves" at the start of each battle after reaching a certain level. I imagine it gets good stats, but a real evolution would get improved stats + an ability for extra benefit, so I'm worried this might be a net loss.

I love the concept, though. From a creative standpoint, it's brilliant. I just question if it's for the best in terms of competitive potential.

Neoxon

Leaks are panning out.

Water/Dark Dolphin GameFreak pls.
Don't we already have a Water/Dark Pokémon in the form of Greninja?

Either way, if that's from the Chinese leak (I only recall a mention of a dolphin, not its typing), I have little reason to doubt it at this point.

How, it has no ability at that point.
Because you don't only have access to it once per battle on one Pokemon and you get an item slot
And it's automatic
My god, Nintendo & Game Freak have to get a handle on these leaks.

It's only a rumor for now, so we aren't sure about its legitimacy. Unlike the NX leak, only one (pretty reliable, from what others have said) source is backing the rumor up right now.
I'm just excited about Pokemon games on nx in general whether it's sun and Moon or other, probably should've phrased it better though.

FelipeMGM

Seeing all these new forms makes me want to play a new Red/Blue remake but with all 151 pokémon having new forms

what do you guys think of my new avatar?

2HgB0zQ.png

lol

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Kinsei

Banned
But then what about breeding? Will there be a way to get a normal Raichu native to gen 7

Maybe if you bred a a Raichu from another region, but I doubt it.

Don't we already have a Water/Dark Pokémon in the form of Greninja?

Either way, if that's from the Chinese leak (I only recall a mention of a dolphin, not its typing), I have little reason to doubt it at this point.

The leak only mentioned a Dolphin. They probably want Water/Dark because it would look cool and/or dolphins can be real assholes.

I don't know what's wrong with me but I hate all these designs. Sure, Pokemon has always been goofy and jolly but these seem kinda off. They look to childish.

I like Ninetails and the flaming cat and that's it.

PS: I only played the first 3 generations so there's that.

Neiteio

Wait a sec

Even though it's not listed, maybe Wishiwashi [School Form] has its own ability. I mean, it's already "schooled" together, so perhaps it can now boast a different ability? That would put it on par with a proper evolution.

Moonlight

Banned
Hold up, maybe it's a situational thing? Like, if you're outside of water, Wishiwashi can't summon its' friends to form a school, but once you're inside, it can, and School Form is an absolute beast. So either you're on the ground, and Wishiwashi is alone and therefore probably mediocre, or you're in the water and Wishiwashi gets to be incredibly strong. It'd make it kinda situational, but it sounds cool.

DedValve

Banned

Kyzer

Banned
yeah for some reason Pokemon doesnt get the spoiler enforcement of other series because I guess its a little more complicated whats a spoiler and what isnt

Neiteio

Hold up, maybe it's a situational thing? Like, if you're outside of water, Wishiwashi can't summon its' friends to form a school, but once you're inside, it can, and School Form is an absolute beast. So either you're on the ground, and Wishiwashi is alone and therefore probably mediocre, or you're in the water and Wishiwashi gets to be incredibly strong. It'd make it kinda situational, but it sounds cool.
No, they'd specify if it required a certain arena.

Besides, there are no water arenas online.

TM25

Neo Member
achieving a form at a certain level

lmao

Ohmori is turning the series on its head as much as possible

I have a feeling this is gonna be like Magikarp. Very weak and then extremely strong.

What are the potential benefits/differences of not being a traditional evolution?

Do people who hate megas because forms arent new pokemon mad at this?

I tweeted at Masuda "Why cant my Pokemon evolve during battle?" once, maybe this is his answer

Depends how this form interacts with mold breaker and worry seed etc.

Neoxon

But then what about breeding? Will there be a way to get a normal Raichu native to gen 7
Same thing. Pikachus or Pichus from Alola breed Pichus that evolve into Alolan Raichu (non-Alolan Pichu eggs results in a Pichu that evolved into regular Raichus). This is just my educated guess.

L Thammy

I wish Alola Pokemon were just new Pokemon closely related to the gen 1 pokemon instead of it being a form.

I get the feeling that Alolan forms are a way of padding out the roster, especially if Game Freak's made too much work for themselves a la X&Y. Though I actually like the concept.

Kinsei

Banned

I don't think they'd make a form like Wishiwashi's school form completely unusable when battling other people.

DedValve

Banned
yeah for some reason Pokemon doesnt get the spoiler enforcement of other series because I guess its a little more complicated whats a spoiler and what isnt

For me pokemon are spoilers. I know none of the new pokemon this gen bar the starters which i accidentally looked at and this new raichu. Only reason i came to this thread was the title mentioning raichu and me thinking he had a mega which was too good to pass up.

But thats a damn fairy gamefreak. This makes me hate dedenne more for stealing raichus type.

Delio

I wonder if you can cancel Wishiwashi's school form by using moves that suppress abilities

I bet it's a special where it can change reguardless of that. I just want to know what the level thing means. Im guessing once it's a certain level it will always turn into School form when sent out?

Same thing. Pikachus or Pichus from Alola breed Pichus that evolve into Alolan Raichu (non-Alolan Pichu eggs results in a Pichu that evolved into regular Raichus). This is just my educated guess.

yeah, I feel like this is going to be their way of transporting Alola forms into future games. If it's marked as having been captured in Alola, it will produce Alola offspring

The only thread title change should be one including Thanos, don't give in to this spoilerphobia bullshit

And I love that Raichu, no longer the ugly older brother

R0ckman

Was Iwata like the soul man to keep leaks from happening? Ever since the man has gone to rest the pipes have been busting all around.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
For me pokemon are spoilers. I know none of the new pokemon this gen bar the starters which i accidentally looked at and this new raichu. Only reason i came to this thread was the title mentioning raichu and me thinking he had a mega which was too good to pass up.

But thats a damn fairy gamefreak. This makes me hate dedenne more for stealing raichus type.

250px-326Grumpig.png

Crocodile

Those Pokemon fuse together and become one being though. This is a school of fish working together and then going their separate ways once the battle is over. They couldn't really get that across as a regular evolution.

Fair. However, does Diglett > Dugtrio also count as a fusion? That seemed less clear to me than the other examples I gave.

Top Bottom