• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive & Saints Row 4 now free via Games with Gold

Chris1

Xbox One:

Xbox 360 (Playable on Xbox One via Backwards Compatibility):
Saints Row IV

Available until April 30th
Store link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/P...115-d8024b4d07f6?nosplash=1&DownloadType=Game
Metacritic: 81
Note: The 360 store prices take a while to update the prices for all regions, if it's not showing as free for you try again soon. It should have rolled out for everyone within an hour of this post. The time of it appearing as free depends on where you live so I can't help here.

Previous GwG's still available:

Tried to make the thread look fancy since the last one was a bit empty, hopefully I didn't overdo it :(

N° 2048

I bought an XO for Sunset Overdrive.

No regets. I will play that game through at least once a year.

Please play it everyone, it's free with Gold so why not! The game is so self aware it's amazing. The amount of easter eggs is incredible too.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Nice. I bought SO a while ago, but haven't got more than a couple hours in. Gotta get around to it one day soon.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Sunset Overdrive is a must play. Gameplay mechanics are a combination of Crackdown and Jet Grind Radio and it has some of the best and original boss fights I've ever played.

The world is so much fun to traverse as well with the Jet Grind Radio grinding and I loved the characters, world and overall humor of the game.

Sunset Overdrive is worth $60 let alone free.

Noobcraft

I definitely recommend the female protagonist in SO, but you can change it at any time so it doesn't matter really. Also that
Neogaf
shootout at the end.

Three

I think this bodes well for a SO2. If I had to guess I would say a deal was struck about the time Insomniac said SO as a possible franchise is staying on XB1.

i've put 50 hours into this game and totally forgot you can play as a female.
time to go through it again (i'll take any excuse)

Sunset Overdrive is fantastic. If you haven't played it before, now is the best time to give it a shot. Really hope for a sequel.

Amazing Month, currently replaying Dead Space and for The First time in Impossible Mode. Goes surprisingly well. Gosh how i love This universe and The atmosphere.

I Want a Sequel with Isaac so bad😠

Justinh

Always play as the female character if it is an option. Usually means a cooler character design than "generic tough guy #538."

Yeah, I always play as female too. I think it's more that if I play a guy, I try to make him look like me and it makes me go "eww" and if doesn't look like me I'm like "This fucking guy..."
Probably doesn't make sense, but whatevs.

New SSO "owners/leasers?" check out the show off your character thread!

Flux

Started the DL. Good heads up on the character selection, would not have known. What's the word on the DLC or season pass? I'll likely pick it up as I usually get it along with any GWG.

RBH

Is there any way for me to download Dead Space on my Xbox One without putting in any payment info?

I highly recommend playing as a female character in Sunset Overdrive because the Female Hero VO is so so good

Absolute truth here. She's fantastic.

Also congrats to anyone who gets to play this game for the first time. Stick with it until you get the air dash, and keep playing. Sunset Overdrive is the game I bought my Xbox One for, and it's still easily my favorite.

Chris1

Another tip to new players: If you're not feeling it at the beginning, I strongly recommend keep playing until you unlock Air Dash before giving up. The game is 10x better once you unlock it. It does take a while before you actually get it, but it's worth it.

I'm hoping MS doing this means it's a possibility.

It's an IP that has much more scope in it.
I'm hoping that's why it's GWG, to look at the analytics and see if it's worth investing in a franchise. So if 1M people complete the game from GWG then they obviously liked it a lot and might buy a sequel.

It'd be a real shame if we never got a sequel to it, while the game had it's flaws for sure they were nothing that couldn't be fixed in the sequel and for a first attempt at a franchise it's a really good one imo.

I bought an Xbone for SO and I replay it about once a month, I really enjoy it a lot. Really hope SO2 will happen.

Going to be great to actually find people to play with in Chaos Squad again.

Top Bottom