• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Frimaire

Everybody on the internet is LPing it minus those I care about
It's not like they will be going in blind seeing their streams

Poison never scared them away
Omikron and reboot out there

Yeah, but those are such poison it's entertaining.
Nobody wants to see them eat raw chicken, we wanna see them chug anthrax.

From what little I've read about BOTW, it seems far too big and long to be a good LP. It's not like they're gaLm, a youtuber/streamer I like, who usually uploads 5 to 8 30-50 minute long videos a day. Shit would take forever to finish. It's LP poison, and not the fun kind like Reboot or Omikron.

They can just stream Breath of the Wild. The stream value of a game is usually inversely proportional to the LP value of it, anyway.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I dont think they ever have Lped an open world game, have they? With the way those guys do their lps, i think any open world game would be too much of a slow crawl to really work.

Sou Da

Kinda hopefully never? Unless they do a rapid fuck-through and go straight for Ganon.

This game is huge, like Dark Souls huge.

That would be a great idea for an LP, they all finish the game and pool their experiences to try and kill Ganon the quickest they can.

Kinda hopefully never? Unless they do a rapid fuck-through and go straight for Ganon.

This game is huge, like Dark Souls huge.

its way larger then Dark Souls. It honestly feels bigger then The Witcher 3. I can climb over a mountain and see a massive amount of terrain and just have my jaw drop every time.

Numb

what he do this time

Over thinking everything and pointing out game tools till Temari and Shikimaru showed up
Then went into fanboy mode over them

surprised he didn't know chakra dash cancels
That's the most basic things in these games

Strimei

Pat indicated on twitter that there may be a Nier Automata LP at some point but it'll be a while off. "Going to hold off. Lot of long games in the pipe. Pretty sure people'll be happy"

Still thinking Yakuza 0's on the way...

Anung

Un Rama
Pat indicated on twitter that there may be a Nier Automata LP at some point but it'll be a while off. "Going to hold off. Lot of long games in the pipe. Pretty sure people'll be happy"

Still thinking Yakuza 0's on the way...

No Liam, no sale, no point.

Edzi

Doing Nier without Liam would just be weird, and I say this as someone who didn't even watch their Nier LP.

On a somewhat unrelated note, they should try branching out and doing some LPs of games/series they've got history with instead of trying to do new releases over and over again. I'd be interested to see some (non LP?) FFXIV related videos from Pat, for example. I just want to see them branching out into creative content that they're more passionate about like how Woolie is doing with his side content.

Strimei

Maybe he can guest, I don't think he'd mind. He can guide Pat (or whoever else) too, since he played it already.

I would like them to play some flaming garbage again, myself. Not Omikron tier, of course (god help us if they ever find something on that level anyway), but something that's jank.

Anung

Un Rama
Too many long LP's. I want a real classy feeling LP of moderate length. Something like Dead Space. A game they know well enough that'll be interesting and not frustrating as hell.

Doing Nier without Liam would just be weird, and I say this as someone who didn't even watch their Nier LP.

On a somewhat unrelated note, they should try branching out and doing some LPs of games/series they've got history with instead of trying to do new releases over and over again. I'd be interested to see some (non LP?) FFXIV related videos from Pat, for example. I just want to see them branching out into creative content that they're more passionate about like how Woolie is doing with his side content.
They really need to do a Star Trek game LP. That shit could be gold.

Numb

Too many long LP's. I want a real classy feeling LP of moderate length. Something like Dead Space. A game they know well enough that'll be interesting and not frustrating as hell.

I enjoyed the games they tested and it feels more personal watching the LP
Especially Matt with No more heroes and Deus EX

Anung

Un Rama
I enjoyed the games they tested and it feels more personal watching the LP
Especially Matt with No more heroes and Deus EX

For real. I know a lot of the fanbase likes them yucking it up and being garbo at games but I don't care for it. Most of my favourite LP's are when they have intimate knowledge and understanding of a game. And it doesn't feel like we've had that in a while.

Numb

For real. I know a lot of the fanbase likes them yucking it up and being garbo at games but I don't care for it. Most of my favourite LP's are when they have intimate knowledge and understanding of a game. And it doesn't feel like we've had that in a while.

The games they tested and know in and out are like a rare event
Mostly we'll get the 1 blind and 1 who knows and alot of complete blind LPs for 100% fucking around

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Eh i mostly want something short and, more importantly, something I never heard of. I dont imagine the THUG lp will be too long, but I would really enjoy something way more indie. Some of my fav playthroughs were Freedom Planet and Tormentum.

Also in response to Edzi, i agree some more experimental/live action stuff would be great! But i think they are at a point in the channels life where they know what it is and are keeping to it. Still, with Billy around maybe Matt will use the freetime to do something nuts. Little late to the party, but i am really curious what this mystery project he mentioned in last weeks podcast is?

Strimei

Listening to the podcast, man I forgot Witchblade existed and got an anime.

I remember watching a bit of it. The proportions of the characters was...kinda disturbing, as I recall. And the outfits made me think of that one Penny Arcade comic making fun of Prince of Persia.

I remember watching a bit of it. The proportions of the characters was...kinda disturbing, as I recall. And the outfits made me think of that one Penny Arcade comic making fun of Prince of Persia.
The fucking weirder thing was that there was a live action series with Ivanova from Babylon 5.

Strimei

The fucking weirder thing was that there was a live action series with Ivanova from Babylon 5.

I only vaguely recall hearing some murmur of it at some point. Mainly I remember going "wait, Witchblade again? Whatever..." and going on my way.

Hell, I'm surprised Vampirella is still a thing.

Numb

og9n76.jpg

joe2187

Banned
I actually liked the Witchblade anime, it wasnt amazing but it was surprisingly competent for it's actual premise and not completely about ass and tiddies.

Wait, was the "Jeb!" signage really a thing back during his gubernatorial campaign? I totally thought that was something that started with his presidential bid...

The whole Jak series needs to ridiculed, but someone needs to fire the asshole who thought making Jak II and edgy and open world, fuck those whole games were terrible.

I was a teenager when that happened but even I knew it awful shlocky bullshit

Spyro was a way better PS1 mascot then Crash

then ergo

Ratchet was a way better PS2 mascot then Jak.

bulletproof logic imo

e: consider the following:

Ratchet was a furry protagonist in the Ratchet and Clank game. But Ratchet was all about caring for his friends and defeating whatever villians he was facing. Thus he showed more humanity then Jak.

Jak woke up in bad mood and decided to fuck things up because he wanted vengeance.

Top Bottom