• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

This has been bugging for me for a bit:

(I barely remember what I was taught in middle school music class so forgive me if I sound like an insane person)

Listen to P5 Last Surprise

and then listen to Momma Said Knock You Out

Certain strings of notes sounds exactly like Momma Said Knock You Out but with a violin imo

Jesus that Dark Souls LP is still going?

Well it's Woolie on the controls 100% the time, so it's to be expected.

Lots of 'funneling' aka wasted time backtracking, and the first third is a refusal to use a better weapon. I was so glad when his friendship finally ended with partizan.

"Funneling" meaning "I'll ignore every door and keep coming back to it over and over while still deciding I don't want to go down that way, oh wait I forgot about those other doors that I'll never go down again because I forgot they existed while on the critical path."

How many times has Woolie said "I got flipped around" or something to that extent? That would make for a fun compilation video.

Strimei

Jesus that Dark Souls LP is still going?

It won't be overly long now.

Woolie's got:

-Seath and the Duke's Archives (so at least two to three episodes there)
-Lost Izalith and all that (so three or so episodes I'd imagine. Perhaps 4)
-Sif (won't take more than an episode)
-Nito (could take a few episodes depending on how badly the Tomb of the Giants goes for him)
-Gwyn

So, really lowballing admittedly, a dozen more episodes, maybe? Perhaps more.

edit: I mean I'm really lowballing it here. So yeah.

ShadyK54

Well it's Woolie on the controls 100% the time, so it's to be expected.

Lots of 'funneling' aka wasted time backtracking, and the first third is a refusal to use a better weapon. I was so glad when his friendship finally ended with partizan.

After all these years of watching these guys' content, it still amazes me just how slow Woolie takes on games. Like even when he's just giving his week to week updates on the podcast about what he's been playing, I can't help but be surprised at how little progress gets made in a week. (Yes, I know he has a lot on his plate with both the main channel and WoolieVS, but still.)

K.Sabot

[CRAZY TALK] has evolved into [CRAZY TALK OVER HEAVEN] during the end of his Nier stream.

edit: damn that end drained the fuck out of him

Jintor

i'm very annoyed i search for 'persona 5 live music' on youtube and i just get part 155 of darksydphil's playthrough

i mean it's one thing to flaunt the idiotic streaming restrictions, but it's quite another to be DSP and flaunt it and remind you that SPB aren't

MrHoot

[CRAZY TALK] has evolved into [CRAZY TALK OVER HEAVEN] during the end of his Nier stream.

edit: damn that end drained the fuck out of him

I usually just laugh or don't care since you know, speculation and light theorycrafting can be fun for someone, I understand.

But there was a point where his brain goes in a direction so baffling, I actually had to stop for a moment and just wonder how his brain works

Spoilers for nier ending:

Ending D where 9S inner monologues on a white space and Pat first thinks this is N2 speaking, then goes "OH THIS IS IN THE PAST"

still, the stream paid off super well, man that ending. Somehow Pat's reaction to it hit me even more than Liam and made me tear up a bit. Wish chat put a bit less pressure during the overall playthrough!

Anung

Un Rama
Ending D where 9S inner monologues on a white space and Pat first thinks this is N2 speaking, then goes "OH THIS IS IN THE PAST"

He did something similar during the Soma LP. I don't know if he's dumb or just overthinks things to the point where he bafflingly interprets things that aren't there.

Numb

''Suge Knight found the stone mask in the 1700s, but he never used it''

sza128t.gif

He did something similar during the Soma LP. I don't know if he's dumb or just overthinks things to the point where he bafflingly interprets things that aren't there.

Pat's own memories betray him so much that he can't trust them, or anyone else's memory, causing the concept of individual memory to be foreign to him.

Also to be fair to him, he'd been playing that for what, 3 hours straight to that point?

Strimei

Dark Souls 63: Woolie and Pat completely miss the whole reason they went after Manus and she was RIGHT at his feet at one point.

Oh poor Dusk.

edit: Lord Pat even asks "Anybody around you?" *Woolie moves camera* "Nope."

Way to go, Crazy Talk.

Also had no idea there were two sanctuary guardians later. Huh.

In regards to a podcast question:

Gotta disagree with the assessments of gaming being more expensive today than in the past. That is only accurate when you play into the need of having to have all the latest titles. A person can build a $300 PC and have at their disposal several lifetimes of cheap games. I have a backlog reaching for 1,000 titles on steam and I spend maybe $200-250 a year.

Furthermore there are countless great free-to-play games that the cost of entry is simply a system to play them on.

Season passes and DLC become an irrelevant variable when you have the patience to wait for the GOTY edition.

Tuned in to see Matt's stream but then realized it'd be Matt solo and backed off pretty quick.

Didn't help that all the designs for Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy were pretty bad looking in their engine.

In regards to a podcast question:

Gotta disagree with the assessments of gaming being more expensive today than in the past. That is only accurate when you play into the need of having to have all the latest titles. A person can build a $300 PC and have at their disposal several lifetimes of cheap games. I have a backlog reaching for 1,000 titles on steam and I spend maybe $200-250 a year.

Furthermore there are countless great free-to-play games that the cost of entry is simply a system to play them on.

Season passes and DLC become an irrelevant variable when you have the patience to wait for the GOTY edition.

...They bring up these exact points during the discussion. Except they don't mention goty edition iirc. And pat went pretty hard on it not being more expensive from the beginning anyways, due the price of games not rising with inflation.

MrHoot

Tuned in to see Matt's stream but then realized it'd be Matt solo and backed off pretty quick.

Didn't help that all the designs for Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy were pretty bad looking in their engine.

too bad, i'm having a lot of fun watching. Writing and matt's reaction to it is pretty damn fun

Numb

Lord seeing Woolie almost beating the boss and Pat encouragement messing with him and another 20 minutes of attempts starts

...They bring up these exact points during the discussion

Yeah, I made my post early into their discussion based on Woolie and Matt, but then had to pause to go to work. When I resumed I was like "oh...". Woolie still maintained the positions that it was more expensive, while seemingly incoherent to the fact he was arguing points that it wasn't, and Matt just kinda seemed to exit the conversation.

Edit: Just catching up with today's videos. I have played through DS at least a dozen times and I have never known about the manticore duo...

BLOODVERTISE THAT TUROK TATTOO ON YOUR SHADOW BABY

THE POPE PATCHED YOUR STILLBORN’S SOUL OUT OF EXISTENCE

KILL NEW GAME PLUS GUNBABY BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE (FEAT. AUSTIN ERUPTION)

INBRED HULK BABIES ARE OWNED BY MARVEL (FEAT. BRENNAN WILLIAMS)

THE 4TH TRIMESTER & THE HOLY AFTERBIRTH

Is this a subconscious cry for help?

BLOODVERTISE THAT TUROK TATTOO ON YOUR SHADOW BABY

THE POPE PATCHED YOUR STILLBORN’S SOUL OUT OF EXISTENCE

KILL NEW GAME PLUS GUNBABY BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE (FEAT. AUSTIN ERUPTION)

INBRED HULK BABIES ARE OWNED BY MARVEL (FEAT. BRENNAN WILLIAMS)

THE 4TH TRIMESTER & THE HOLY AFTERBIRTH

Is this a subconscious cry for help?

I think so but I'm too busy laughing to help

Top Bottom