• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Trust me, there is an audience out there that the sports coverage matters to. When the BBC covered E3 last year they cared more about Fifa getting a story mode than anything else on the show.

They "care" about it, but not in the way that having or not having it actually seems to factor into their buying decisions in any meaningful way.

I mean, people talk about the "sure-fire" COD audience, but it's the yearly sport update crowd who really come out no matter what you're throwing in the trough. They might grumble and whinge, but they'll sure as shit buy anything with a fresh roster of rookie players in it.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
In other words, it'll be boring and dull. Dang.
... I guess it is an EA Sports game.

Hey, I want to give EA credit, adding story modes to their sports games does actually make me moderately more interested in them. Not enough to ever buy a sports ball game, but Living Da Dream had some crazy shit in it.

Strimei

The Evil Within. It speaks volumes that the best episode in the entire LP is the one where Pat is on his own and took the time out to learn things about the game.

Hm, really? I'm actually quite fond of TEW LP. Its not the strongest by any means but it has some good moments, I felt. One of the ones I've watched more than others. To each their own, though.

And yeah Despair Girls is the worst I feel too.

Strimei

Tbf, Despair girls had like half a dozen good bits in the LP. Too bad that thing is like what? 50 god damn parts?

I honestly wouldn't know either if there were good bits or how long, as I checked out at episode 1. Partly because of spoilers, admittedly (I really do need to get around to playing 2 at some point), but also because the game just didn't grab me from the get-go. Seems I was right.

I barely even started the Danganronpa LP. Woolie has this trait where he reflects and amplifies the personality of whoever he's with, and that always made him and Liam as a pair insufferable to me.

I know Pat is supposed to be the crazy one but my god does Woolie's "just talk" plot hangups reach high levels of absurdity sometimes. Whining several minutes doesn't make for good LP material when it's just him unwilling to suspend disbelief.

Does Woolie do that when he's with Liam? I figured he wouldn't, because Liam's response would be something along the lines of, "Yeah, whatever, stories are dumb. That's why I never learned how to read" and just continue playing.

It's usually Matt that's the worst about humoring him on screeching-halt tangents.

I know Pat is supposed to be the crazy one but my god does Woolie's "just talk" plot hangups reach high levels of absurdity sometimes. Whining several minutes doesn't make for good LP material when it's just him unwilling to suspend disbelief.

Strange that his other biggest life advice is "Shut the fuck up"

A story by Woolie:

Intro Credits.
Actor A: We have a problem.
Actor B: What's the problem?
Actor A explains the problem.
Actor B: Oh, here's the solution.
End credits.

I'm just not even clear why he thinks talking is going to solve the problems in Night in the Woods.

Mae tries talking. No one wants to listen. Also? They're entirely right not to listen. Stop fucking fronting, Woolie, if Matt started bugging you about how he saw a ghost kidnap a kid and his aunt the small-town cop was ignoring the whole thing, you would get real tired of humoring him after like five minutes.

People don't take you seriously when you talk about ghost kidnappers when no missing persons have been reported and you have no evidence. That's how reality works. Talking to everyone about ghosts accomplishes nothing aside from making you look crazy.

A story by Woolie:

Intro Credits.
End credits.

I have recurring thoughts when watching movies or playing games and that thought is "if everyone was nicer to each other this never would have had to happen. why is everyone so meeeaaannnnn"

A story by Woolie:

Intro Credits.
End credits.
Funny thing is I think that is more unrealistic then people not taking for dumb reason. People do dumb things, like, all the time. We're are just lucky it doesn't end up with some world ending event it some shit that must be stopped most of the time.

FlowersisBritish

Kay, but Woolie is super right. If your plot can be completely unraveled by a five minute conversation between two characters than its not a good plot. This is a problem that has recently happened in an anime I am watching where a character, who was told about a trap still falls, into the fucking trap because I don't know? He's dumb except for all the scenes he's proven to be really smart.

This is one of those problems where when you notice it, you never stop noticing it and it drives you nuts. The last time this happened to me was when someone pointed out how many cuts are in comic book fight scenes.

No, Woolie's not right at all, the problem can not in any way be resolved with any amount of conversation in Night in the Woods.
It's a really fucking dumb game, and that's all I'll say on the topic. Strap in.

FlowersisBritish

No, Woolie's not right at all, the problem can not in any way be resolved with any amount of conversation in Night in the Woods.
It's a really fucking dumb game, and that's all I'll say on the topic. Strap in.

Oh sorry, I should clarify, he's exaggerating in the NiTW LP but we all have that one thing that drives us nuts and Woolie has been on the record for years about this being his big thing. You can be annoyed by it but you can't call him inconsistent. But it is def a problem in a lot of stories.

Xux

TEW seemed pretty neat. I remember being surprised at them saying they didn't like it 'cause they seemed to enjoy it well enough until the end.

Kinda like with Killer is Dead where their confusion at the ending felt like a weird 180.

Strimei

It'd be a safe (eh, eh?!?) bet.

Hah. This and Prison Break 2.0 have good chances, I feel.

I'm a bit surprised at how hyped a fair amount of people are in the thread about it, the game overall seemed a bit mediocre, but it had potential.

I liked some of the designs, at least. Particularly the main enemy of the DLC, that spotlight with legs.

Frimaire

I haven;t seen it, and I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I say no.
Now you have to listen, you said you would.
Edit: fuck

FlowersisBritish

So do I even bother watching a recording of EA's E3 conference?

I'll listen to whoever answers first.

Don't listen to anyother chuckle fuck but this chucklefuck. The EA conference was the best conference I have ever seen. I have one word for you, and I can only hope you are as erect from it as I am:
E-sports. E-sports everywhere....

but no for real it was pretty bad. Find the gameplace stuff for A Way Out, some clips of Battlefront 2 if that's your jam, and a trailer for Battlefield One if that's also your jam. Insert trailer for Need For Speed if you're dumb and like the zoom zooms.

Anung

Un Rama
So it seems The Evil Within 2 really is a thing.

Think we can expect an LP?

(I still enjoyed the first LP, damn it!)

I'd be kinda up for it if it's Pat on his own or Pat with someone other than Matt.

Pat Stares at The Evil Within was the only good part of that LP.

I'd be kinda up for it if it's Pat on his own or Pat with someone other than Matt.

Pat Stares at The Evil Within was the only good part of that LP.
excuse me

Sorry it was my 1st LP of theirs I watched so I have a bit of nostalgia for it, hard crashes and all lol

A game I literally played on PC this morning being touted as an 'exclusive' release for a console at some indeterminate point in the future.

I'm not sure how much further we can stretch the definition of words in service of these pressers.

Is Woolie trying to justify having a Funko collection by blaming other people or did they actually spend over 100$ for a prank

"Hey guys! You know what would make a great video? You hiding a bunch of Funkos around my new place."
Uh, yeah, sure Woolie, that'd be funny but I'm not going to waste money on-
"No problem! I already bought a drawer full for the video!"

Christ, Bethesda. If you're only going to reveal one game, book a prime slot during the Sony or Microsoft conferences for it. Don't wave your limp dick around for forty-five minutes first.

Top Bottom