• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

I'm legit going to get one of those Shave club boxes but only for that month as a quick fix and mostly because of the butter.

After that I'm just going to get a safety razor and some blades like a smart man.
I'm thinking to get one of those butterfly safety razors myself.

I had to go through because i wasn't sure what side he's on. Phew, if there was someone id guess would be GG, it be either Liam or Pat. Thank god neither of them are.

To be honest, I've actually been worried about this for a long time, so I was genuinely really pleased to see his tweets (before I saw how people were dogging him) talking about it publicly.

I think that crowd assumes he would be one because of his taste in games, and it's hilarious seeing them super puzzled by him not supporting it. lol

With a backlog of a few hundred games I have enough to play for the next couple lifetimes. I really only care about E3 for seeing big releases to get hyped about. And this year held 0 of those across all platforms. Prime 4 would have been something had it not been a lame title card with an announcement that it was in development. Something I had already assumed since the Switch announcement. I think Sony still had the best conference because it was basically all trailers, even though most I couldn't care less about. In the end the only games I'll look for are The Anthem and Monster Hunter World. And only because I've been looking for a new co-op game to play with a friend.

Edit: I basically agree with what Woolie said, I think in the end of the Nintendo stream. Not all E3s are gonna be full of stellar announcements. I think the last previous years spoiled us making this one in comparison just lukewarm.

I'm going for something a little cheaper, at least to start. Don't want to go whole hog without actually knowing if I like it.

soooooooo are e3 reactions locked under subscriber only twitch or do they eventually get tossed onto the youtubes
They usually get pushed to the site, but since that's getting revamped, who knows if they'll reup to Youtube, due to Content ID.

I'm going for something a little cheaper, at least to start. Don't want to go whole hog without actually knowing if I like it.

They usually get pushed to the site, but since that's getting revamped, who knows if they'll reup to Youtube, due to Content ID.
Last year's E3 got uploaded to YouTube, so I assume this year's will too.

Strimei

I fell behind on LA Noire but caught up last night, and in doing so, a thought came to me.

What on earth is with all the small sized men's shoes? Were feet just smaller back in the '40s? Or did they use a different scale back then? Its like everyone is size 8 or 9, and here I am clomping around in 12.5 wide shoes. Or are my feet just freakishly big?

I fell behind on LA Noire but caught up last night, and in doing so, a thought came to me.

What on earth is with all the small sized men's shoes? Were feet just smaller back in the '40s? Or did they use a different scale back then? Its like everyone is size 8 or 9, and here I am clomping around in 12.5 wide shoes. Or are my feet just freakishly big?
Yeah thats been kinda weirding me out too. I guess we must be giants meant to rule the world or something?
Yeah, I've got a 11-12 size shoe myself.

IIRC, I think the amount of food (and maybe preservatives) we have now that's responsible for why today's people are bigger than past people.

Fat4all

Banned
Spoilers for the end of the Homicide desk:

Didn't the main killer intentionally choose all the people he killed based off of very specific parameters, like the shoe size matching his and stuff? That way others could be framed and charged quickly.

High protein diets in post-McDonald's countries does tend to result in taller men with bigger feet (and women with larger breasts), but the difference in America wasn't quite as dramatic as it has been in Asian countries, mostly because Americans already had a pretty protein-rich diet even before fast food became ubiquitous.

I think an eight's still solidly below average for the time.

People were smaller in the past. This is a fairly well known thing.

Also yes 12.5 is large. The average for a man is 10.5.

Edit: Size 9 should be the average for men in 1940 assuming an average height of 5'8''.

Strimei

Glad I'm not alone in big feet, heh. I actually had a pair of size 15 shoes but those were only because I desperately needed dress shoes and it was the only pair they had that even remotely fit me. I had a solid inch between my toes and the end of the shoe though. It was amazing.

Anyway, I never thought about the diet but that makes sense. The LA Noire characters are about my grandpapa's generation and lord knows his diet wasn't very good until he joined the air force.

Xavier Woods talking to Jeff Gerstmann tonight mentions how he loves Heavy Rain (played through it 4 times) and is really looking forward to Detroit.

Shit taste confirmed.

Man, Night in the Woods is so much longer than I was expecting it to be. Anyone that's finished it able to say about how far through they are? I feel like it's reaching the start of the third act but I have no clue.

Fancolors

I haven't been following NitW but it baffles me they somehow managed to reach 20 episodes. Cuz a playthrough usually doesn't go past 9 hours. It probably got a lot longer because they are reading everything.

I haven't been following NitW but it baffles me they somehow managed to reach 20 episodes. Cuz a playthrough usually doesn't go past 9 hours. It probably got a lot longer because they are reading everything.

Well, Woolie is at the controls, which statistically multiples the length of any LP by 1.62 times. So if it should be about an 18 episode LP that means we've got 9 more episode to go.

I originally guffawed at this, but ya know, I actually really like this NiTW lp, so I can live.

I like the NitW LP, but I don't particularly like it when he stops everything for extended periods of time for no apparent reason. Read your fucking line, Mae. And for god's sake, do something about your dyslexia, the word at the end of the sentence goes at the end of the sentence.

JC Sera

I like the NitW LP, but I don't particularly like it when he stops everything for extended periods of time for no apparent reason. Read your fucking line, Mae. And for god's sake, do something about your dyslexia, the word at the end of the sentence goes at the end of the sentence.
rude

Well, Woolie is at the controls, which statistically multiples the length of any LP by 1.62 times. So if it should be about an 18 episode LP that means we've got 9 more episode to go.
Yeah, that's why I dropped off the NITW LP. Woolie taking forever works great in LA Noire or a David Cage game, but for some of these other games, it's a death sentence.

Strimei

Truth be told, NitW just didn't grab me, so I stopped watching it. Not saying its bad, mind, it seems like a great game with heart, but it is definitely not one that clicks with me.

So happy with LA Noire though.

Yakuza is picking up too. I'm still expecting some stupid as hell twists like Y4 had.
Tachibana showing up and being evil, maybe.

Strimei

Today's episode had a huge stupid as fuck twist. Things have been going off like crazy in the last few episodes.

Oh I know but it didn't hit the level of some of the endgame shit in Y4. But I know we're building up to something like that, surely. That said, man it was hilariously dumb.

How is the commentary? They still being bored sounded buzzkills?

Matt's been better the past few episodes, I feel. Maybe it was the start of a new recording session or something, but they've both been pretty good and making fun (in a good way).

How is the commentary? They still being bored sounded buzzkills?
Nah, I think the fact that they finally got out of open world/just fuck around mode and on to the final arc of missions put new life into them. They're way more on point in the last few episodes.

I love seeing Pat and Woolie freaked the fuck out during Sony's conference lol for Monster Hunter and SotC respectively. I don't think Matt was particularly impressed by anything.

It's a shame but I would love to see their response to TEW2 lol

A.J.

Banned
I love seeing Pat and Woolie freaked the fuck out during Sony's conference lol for Monster Hunter and SotC respectively. I don't think Matt was particularly impressed by anything.

It's a shame but I would love to see their response to TEW2 lol

Matt was having a good time with Spiderman

Woolie spends a minute or more with the screen frozen on a line of Mae's dialogue that has three words in it, and then when he finally gets around to reading it he can't even put them in the right order.

I know he's not a voice actor, but I thought we weren't doing the "Woolie Can't Read" bit anymore.

Fat4all

Banned
L.A. Noire is up.

v3vYUKp.png

Top Bottom