• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Matsukaze

That was a great LP. Don't get me wrong - the game turned to shit, but the LP itself is pretty strong.

Shame that none of the characters in this season were big enough heels to earn a place beside Kenny in the Zaibatsu Rogues Gallery. They had their moments, but they can't hope to achieve the Boatmaster's level of infamy in the lore.

Now to wait patiently for Season 4: Joan's Revenge.

Frimaire

Ay, any of you weebs know any good anime?
I'm kinda in between games right now, so I've been watching a bunch.
Just finished all all available episodes of Boku no Hero Academia and Kids on the Slope...

Well I can't say I ever imagined the topic of sounding being brought up by the Super Best Friends. Though I am also not surprised. And to those not in the know, it's when objects are insert into the urethra.

Just finished all all available episodes of Boku no Hero Academia and Kids on the Slope...
Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans. Final episode's a bit rushed, but it's way more competent than most Gundam works. The dub's solid too and IIRC, you can see the first season dubbed on Youtube and maybe Crunchyroll.

If you didn't catch it back in the day (or haven't seen it in years), Outlaw Star is a great space show to watch, and it's got a remastered Blu-Ray release in the US (coming soon or already out, I forget which).

Village

Do you want it to be recent or like old

Because I personally have been going through Bobobobobobobo, yuyu hakusho, Shin chan, GITS SAC, and some other stuff again

Frimaire

Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans. Final episode's a bit rushed, but it's way more competent than most Gundam works. The dub's solid too and IIRC, you can see the first season dubbed on Youtube and maybe Crunchyroll.

If you didn't catch it back in the day (or haven't seen it in years), Outlaw Star is a great space show to watch, and it's got a remastered Blu-Ray release in the US (coming soon or already out, I forget which).

Do you want it to be recent or like old

Because I personally have been going through Bobobobobobobo, yuyu hakusho, Shin chan, GITS SAC, and some other stuff again

Thanks, I'll look into these, I think I actually remember starting Outlaw Star at one point...
I don't really care about new or old, but it's preferable that they're completely aired and less than ~50 eps.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique

Depends on what you're in the mood for? Action: Attack on Titan is good (first season on Netflix, second on Crunchy Roll). Fate Zero is the best and only Fate thing you should ever consume(still on Netflix I think?). Magi is super underratted in my book, I love its setting and magic system, and there is a lot of it to watch(Netflix). Samurai Flamenco is a lot of weird fun(Netflix). Some more drama: Your Lie In April (Netflix, though I didn't finish it, still it gets recomended all the time.)

Strimei

Darker than Black, if you've not seen it.

Three words: Chinese Electric Batman.

edit: Walking Dead finale:
Joan just gets off scott fucking free?! What the hell?!

Strimei

Fuck, that sounds pretty cool...

Well a few more words to help:

-Studio Bones
-Yoko Kanno (for the first season)

Now, I should specify, the second season has a number of problems. I won't go into it because of spoilers, but it focuses more on a new character (though the main character of season 1 is there too, he becomes the focus more as it goes on), it has a different composer so the music is different (UNTZUNTZUNTZ), though its good still I think.

Additionally, there is a few episode set OAV that was released after season 2, but its set in between seasons 1 and 2, so when you watch it is up to you. It does answer some questions that aren't answered right away in 2 (and thus be confusing).

That said, season 1 is very good. Has a very episodic format but there's also an overarching plot that you can watch take form. I highly recommend.

Frimaire

Well a few more words to help:

-Studio Bones
-Yoko Kanno (for the first season)

Now, I should specify, the second season has a number of problems. I won't go into it because of spoilers, but it focuses more on a new character (though the main character of season 1 is there too, he becomes the focus more as it goes on), it has a different composer so the music is different (UNTZUNTZUNTZ), though its good still I think.

Additionally, there is a few episode set OAV that was released after season 2, but its set in between seasons 1 and 2, so when you watch it is up to you. It does answer some questions that aren't answered right away in 2 (and thus be confusing).

That said, season 1 is very good. Has a very episodic format but there's also an overarching plot that you can watch take form. I highly recommend.

Oh shiiit, they got Yoko Kanno!?
Sold!

I beg your pardon?
How is this even possible?

Imagine if someone said SAO was nothing but "disturbingly blatant NEET wish-fulfillment horseshit" and someone else made an anime based entirely on that description without having actually seen it.

(Don't actually watch it, though. I got curious because the Crunchyroll description sounded like the dumbest shit ever, and I was not(?) disappointed.)

There's just so much trash anime that it boggles my mind.

How does this stuff get funding?

Then again Pat went to see the Emoji movie, so I guess we have that answer.

BenjiGAF

Put these guys in front of a Trainwreck Trashfire and they can pretty reliably produce entertaining stuff. TWD3 was a great watch.

There's just so much trash anime that it boggles my mind.

How does this stuff get funding?
Noted anime director Yamakan flat out stated it's because the Chinese are pumping tons of money into anime, but the Japanese production committees want to retain control, so they split that money among multiple series. Since there aren't a ton of good ideas/properties out there, it means they have to reach for the bottom of the barrel to find stuff to turn into an anime.

That said, Knights & Magic is one of those anime that you really hate, because there's potential there, then they piss it away with shitty storytelling and/or creepy ass fanservice. The insistence on making the main guy look like a girl doesn't help either.

That said, Knights & Magic is one of those anime that you really hate, because there's potential there, then they piss it away with shitty storytelling and/or creepy ass fanservice. The insistence on making the main guy look like a girl doesn't help either.

It's very important for maximum NEET wish-fulfillment to be reborn as an androgynous white-haired European. Try not to think too much about any of the reasons why.

Holy fuck, we need at least a video on this, if not an LP of suffering:
http://gematsu.com/2017/08/sword-art-online-fatal-bullet-announced-ps4-xbox-one-pc
Following a teaser trailer earlier this week, Bandai Namco and Dimps have announced Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It will launch worldwide in early 2018.

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet is a third-person shooter RPG and the first Sword Art Online game based in the fictional Gun Gale Online virtual reality MMORPG, which is featured in season two of the Sword Art Online TV anime.

Here’s an overview of the game, via Amazon:

About

Become the hero of Gun Gale Online in the latest game of the Sword Art Online franchise in Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam. Step into the versatile landscapes and environments of Gun Gale Online. Experience an original story supervised by series creator Reki Kawahara that unfolds and changes based on the players’ choices and interaction. Play as the protagonist, battle against opponents using new weapons and further customize gameplay by creating skills and abilities. Interact with characters from the Sword Art Online original novels, anime and previous games as you navigate a world that is vastly personalized and visually enhanced. As an action based RPG, gun battle plays a large role unlike previous games, with unique and realistic designs resembling something out of a sci-fi movie and numerous other weapons and fighting styles to choose from. Stunning visuals also accompany this game thanks to the power of the Unreal Engine 4, which lends realism to the textures and materials, further immersing the player into the dynamic world. Full dive into Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet.

I'm admittedly not paying much attention to this Minecraft Story Mode thing, but it occurs to me that it's just a carbon copy of the (fairly bad) main story quests of Skyrim.

I really don't get why Konami didn't try localizing Policenauts back in the day. It probably would've done alright, especially since it's got an American protagonist, it starts off in America, and features cops and space, things Americans were into.

FlowersisBritish

I really don't get why Konami didn't try localizing Policenauts back in the day. It probably would've done alright, especially since it's got an American protagonist, it starts off in America, and features cops and space, things Americans were into.

Costs. Policenaughts is a big game with a lot of text and voice acting, especially compared to MGS1 which was already at the upper limut for the time. I don't kniw how well it sold in Japan, but I'm assuming okay not great, which is more reason not to localize as its sinking a lot of money in for little if any returns.

Fat4all

Banned
love the thumbnail

va2vAxz.jpg

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
For some reason I'm wondering whether I don't want to play this myself first. That said, it's been available for long enough that I probably would have played it already if I really wanted to.

Strimei

Man, Ingram's voice actor sounds REALLY familiar to me, but he's done like nothing that I know or recognize (well he is the japanese VA for Otacon and Huey but I've not heard that).

FlowersisBritish

Oh phew Minecraft is done (for now) I wonder if we're getting another new LP or if they'll go into episode 5. Also, i made the mistake of payin attention to them during a puzzle bit and boy was that fucking frustrating to watch. I get why people actually paying attention to what's going on would fucking hate this.

Strimei

Oh phew Minecraft is done (for now) I wonder if we're getting another new LP or if they'll go into episode 5. Also, i made the mistake of payin attention to them during a puzzle bit and boy was that fucking frustrating to watch. I get why people actually paying attention to what's going on would fucking hate this.

Yeah its best to just listen. I'm playing FGO while it plays right now, and the few times I looked up to pay attention to the gameplay, and Pat just dying several times before going "Oh I should do this", its for the best.

I doubt they'll continue it, this thing exists as filler after all.

edit: The pig dying and then poofing into a pork chop is darkly hilarious.

Strimei

How long is Policenauts? Because it feels like the sort that may take a while, though not that I mind, I'm highly enjoying it.

Strimei

Like 15 normal person hours.

So it'll be a 40 episode LP.

Hm shorter game overall than I expected, actually. Still, should be fun, its been great so far.

Though I was damn near tearing my hair out at Pat being confused about Home. I mean, HMMM, what could HOME mean when you're also talking about a space colony? What would HOME be to spacenoids?

Speaking of colonies, I started to wonder why is it so many things portray space colonies like that. Is it based on something real?

Top Bottom