• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike0dude

What is comp?

2985518.jpg

Nordicus

I have the Iron Warriors pack for Dawn of War 2 Retribution. It's ossum.
I haven't modded Retribution at all myself, don't play enough proper competitive multiplayer for the skins to matter much.

Though I got crazy hooked on Last Stand a week or so ago, again. That mode's so fantastic, even if some of the achievements that lock out gear in it are retarded.

Jman014

I haven't modded Retribution at all myself, don't play enough proper competitive multiplayer for the skins to matter much.

Though I got crazy hooked on Last Stand a week or so ago, again. That mode's so fantastic, even if some of the achievements that lock out gear in it are retarded.

I'm waiting for SEGA and GW to make Relic stop working on CoH 2 and start working on DoW 3. But I guess I'll be waiting for awhile.

Nordicus

I'm waiting for SEGA and GW to make Relic stop working on CoH 2 and start working on DoW 3. But I guess I'll be waiting for awhile.
Indeed we will. Still, if we're just talking WH40K games, I hear the WH40K Armageddon one's pretty good. I've watched a few battle reports of WH40K board game sessions, and Armageddon seems crazy faithful to the smallest details in the codex, not to mention translates a lot of the boardgame mechanics into a video game pretty well.

Might become my introduction to the "Panzer Corps" kind of games, who knows

Btw, try not to burst out laughing at roughly 1:40 mark of this video. It's beautiful

EDIT: I swear making this post #69 was unintentional.
Sure it was!

Wait, No More Heroes 1 LP? Tell me Pat's on that one!

Edited for being a little too mean sounding. I was dissappointed by the matt and woolie lp of 2.
Solo Matt LP, it's actually really good though, watch the first episode that just came out.
/duane
I can't wait till you guys stop pushing comp. Fuck comp. Dammit.
PLAIN AND SIMPLE BITCH, GET YOUR BRAIN AND TEMPLE HIT

PBalfredo

Just finished watching the Legend of Korra videos since I've been getting back into the game in Expert mode now that the show's over. Good stuff. I like that Liam totally called
Korrasami
having only seen season 1. Has Wooly started watching Avatar yet?

Jman014

Indeed we will. Still, if we're just talking WH40K games, I hear the WH40K Armageddon one's pretty good. I've watched a few battle reports of WH40K board game sessions, and Armageddon seems crazy faithful to the smallest details in the codex, not to mention translates a lot of the boardgame mechanics into a video game pretty well.

Might become my introduction to the "Panzer Corps" kind of games, who knows

Btw, try not to burst out laughing at roughly 1:40 mark of this video. It's beautiful

Sure it was!
OH GOD

Jman014

Just finished watching the Legend of Korra videos since I've been getting back into the game in Expert mode now that the show's over. Good stuff. I like that Liam totally called
Korrasami
having only seen season 1. Has Wooly started watching Avatar yet?

Well there has always been Korrasami supporters since book 1. and Books 3 and 4 have buildup of it but yeah. It's canon. Eh.
I don't think Woolie has started ATLA. Don't think he's interested in the series.

Randy42

Hmm I've never actually looked at the first post of these topics, surprised Concrete Jungle is a recommended LP over Deadly Prem which is prob one of the top two they've done.

Solo Matt LP, it's actually really good though, watch the first episode that just came out.

I kinda just want to hear Pat try to dissect the plot. Otherwise, I played through that game a half dozen times and I don't really feel the need to see it again with just Matt's jokes thrown on top.

I kinda just want to hear Pat try to dissect the plot. Otherwise, I played through that game a half dozen times and I don't really feel the need to see it again with just Matt's jokes thrown on top.

It's more informative than joke-y. He tested the game, and a lot of it is the differences between versions.

360pages

This... No more heroes playthrough is going to be loooong.

I love Matt, but I do wonder why it's a Solo LP. I'm not complaining since it's more content and all of their LPs this time around interest me. But we already did No More heroes 2 and I think 1...maybe, I'm not sure...

I liked he first EP enough to watch it to the end, and seeing a game that I never really looked at will be fun.

Xiraiya

Yea, it's not a bad game, and I really like Matt but that'll be a second podcast for me since the gameplay isn't very exciting to watch.
Well there's nothing really wrong with the game, it's just the thought of hearing Matt talking to himself for a whole LP is already putting me to sleep.

A one off or a montage, sure I guess, I don't think Matt works very well solo, but at least it would just be for one video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom