• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Matt, but I do wonder why it's a Solo LP. I'm not complaining since it's more content and all of their LPs this time around interest me. But we already did No More heroes 2 and I think 1...maybe, I'm not sure...

I liked he first EP enough to watch it to the end, and seeing a game that I never really looked at will be fun.
Well MMH 1 is way better than 2 imo. Plus, it seems like matt really knows his shit on this one so it'll probly be good.

But we already did No More heroes 2 and I think 1...maybe, I'm not sure...
Nope, never played 1 on the channel. Anyway, he's still cutting out the doing a lot of the jobs, probably all of them after the first time doing them, and if anyone's only watched the LP of NMH2, NMH1 is a way more interesting game. Also Woolie isn't playing.

I can see why people don't like solo LPs, but I love good ones, and this is fine to good so far.

Well there's nothing really wrong with the game, it's just the thought of hearing Matt talking to himself for a whole LP is already putting me to sleep.

A one off or a montage, sure I guess, I don't think Matt works very well solo, but at least it would just be for one video.
Eh, as long as he can stay upbeat I'll be fine with the solo LP, but the game play is just dull to watch. MGR had some hype moments and hype cutscenes to keep me interested, but this just kinda looks like a silly character action game trying to be too edgy.

You know... I don't even know what the thread title even means, where is it from?
Go learn about the ancient god known as RAGE.

FINE. Here's the full thing.

giphy.gif

360pages

Nope, never played 1 on the channel. Anyway, he's still cutting out the doing a lot of the jobs, probably all of them after the first time doing them, and if anyone's only watched the LP of NMH2, NMH1 is a way more interesting game. Also Woolie isn't playing.

I can see why people don't like solo LPs, but I love good ones, and this is fine to good so far.

Really? From what I heard NMH2 is a lot more over the top than the somewhat more grounded 1st one.

croten

They should do more solo content I think. We saw solo Pat and that was beautifully awkward, I'm interested to see what solo Woolie and Liam would be like

Xiraiya

Eh, as long as he can stay upbeat I'll be fine with the solo LP, but the game play is just dull to watch. MGR had some hype moments and hype cutscenes to keep me interested, but this just kinda looks like a silly character action game trying to be too edgy.

That's kind of what NMH is going for, that "LOOK AT US TRY TO BE EDGY, BUT SEE HOW WE HAVE STUPID STUFF TOO AND ARE SELF AWARE? FUN RIGHT?"

Which you know, there are worse ways to handle a game, but yeah.

360pages

That's kind of what NMH is going for, that "LOOK AT US TRY TO BE EDGY, BUT SEE HOW WE HAVE STUPID STUFF TOO AND ARE SELF AWARE? FUN RIGHT?"

Honesty, I think the Second one understood that much and went full camp and over the top. I noticed the First one somewhat played itself more seriously, (Which isn't actually that much since there is still a lot of stupid fun things in it)

They should do more solo content I think. We saw solo Pat and that was beautifully awkward, I'm interested to see what solo Woolie and Liam would be like

Solo is fucking hard, man, especially when their entire gimmick originally stems from reacting to a game together/shitting on the other player.

Eh, I'll trek through another episode just to give it a shot, but I normally can't stand games like that unless it's done really well.

I thought you said Gintama was dull for the first..30 episodes I believe? I'm on 5 and I'm enjoying it fully.

Xiraiya

Pat has the advantage of being crazy and having an oddly easy to listen to voice, so when he's by himself, he is super interesting to listen to, I could imagine a scenario where solo Woolie is good too, but only if he's so hyped and into what he is playing, or if he just devolves back into black thug Woolie.

I don't know nor do I care about Liam.

And Matt just doesn't work on his own, he's trying, but he works best as the sidekick in an LP.

Xiraiya

I thought you said Gintama was dull for the first..30 episodes I believe? I'm on 5 and I'm enjoying it fully.
I said it's dull because most people don't get into it that quickly, I actually really liked the earlier episodes just fine, however compared to 1/200 episodes in, they are boring.

360pages

Is it just me, but the most popular/queen of the school character always felt...off to me. I guess it's mostly due to the male equivalent to said characters are usually played for humor while the female type are usually played straight, thus making the female version of said character kind of...meh.

I said it's dull because most people don't get into it that quickly, I actually really liked the earlier episodes just fine, however compared to 1/200 episodes in, they are boring.
Oh alright, I suppose I misunderstood what you said then.

More like a 3D Beat Em Up than anything, but if you've never seen the game before, the ranked fights are why you should be hyped. That and the tone of the story.
Yeah that would be a good term for it, it reminds me quite a bit of Lollipop Chainsaw.

Sup nerds, had no idea we already started a new thread.
Yup at the rate we're going we will hit the lewd thread in 2 years and 7 months!
I'm a pretty big fan of Suda's games. They're generally crazy in the right ways while playing pretty decently.

My avatar? Yup. I had a Heather avatar for a long time, a long time ago.
Eh I like it when games can be creative and break the 4th wall, but being over the top and having the arcade style things isn't for me. None of them are bad games though, just don't appeal to me.

Was it a lewd Heather avatar used during the great OT3 lewdness war?
Nooo, I think it was OT1-2.
Eh I like it when games can be creative and break the 4th wall, but being over the top and having the arcade style things isn't for me. None of them are bad games though, just don't appeal to me.
Niche is definitely the right word, but I really enjoy them. I would like a world filled with action games in interesting settings.

Nooo, I think it was OT1-2.

Niche is definitely the right word, but I really enjoy them. I would like a world filled with action games in interesting settings.

Well I'm glad they are made so awesome people like you can enjoy them.

I'll be here playing my shitty controlled RE games and my Dark Souls.

Beloved

Some sort of performance art piece.

Also hello, how are you?

Performance art....as good a reason as any, I suppose

And I'm good, I was feeling annoyed because of stupid people but I had some dinner and started watching pt 65 of GB's Persona 4 Endurance run so I got over it.

Okingjrr

Watching the NMH episode.
When the music they used to promote the website kicked in, I expected Pat to appear and eat shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom