• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainSD

Neo Member
Bloodborne is pretty good. I thought I'd be fine having played through DS1 and Demon Souls but that wasn't the case. Online isn't great at all which blows since I was hoping to try out the co-op with some friends. Not sure how I feel about grinding for bullets and blood vials as of right now though.

Chris_IWS

k06HloZ.png

The muffins are kind... but dry. So dry. It's hell. BestGAF is hell.

Bloodborne is pretty good. I thought I'd be fine having played through DS1 and Demon Souls but that wasn't the case. Online isn't great at all which blows since I was hoping to try out the co-op with some friends. Not sure how I feel about grinding for bullets and blood vials as of right now though.

I find it rather easy, since some enemies always seem to drop one of the two. And the other can be bought rather cheaply

I've been maxed out myself, certain enemies like the mini-gigantes almost always drop 2 health items, I've noticed.

Xiraiya

I hold the alternate ending as the Canon one, personally. Fuck that original bullshit.

The worst part is, in hindsight the ending makes perfect sense, but that realization then breaks the entire premise of that series in the first place, I actually even liked much of the last season.

Also Barney deserved better, all that subtle development throughout the series that made him a little more awesome than he already was and then at the very end "Hahahaha nope knocked up some girl and my life is fucking shit now for no good reason...I'm awesome"
Lily and Marshall were fantastic pretty much 95% of the time, so I'm glad they didn't get fucked over because they were one of the best examples on TV of a proper couple that don't generally fall into the typical TV tropes that are frankly stupid.

Man, I dunno if I can stand toe to toe with this
turret dude in Old Yharnim.
Even a visceral attack from my saw cleaver didn't deal any significant damage.

Ilvocare

Good job.

Amala is an endgame dungeon that was added in the updated rerelease. It's full of new challenges. Save it for later.

From what I've played of Nocturne, every time a new floor opens up in Amala it's totally doable by you at your current power level. Granted I think there's like one or two things in the earlier floors that require you to come back when you're closer to the end of the game, but saving the entire dungeon for endgame trivializes like 4/5ths of it I believe.

beinfilms

The worst part is, in hindsight the ending makes perfect sense, but that realization then breaks the entire premise of that series in the first place, I actually even liked much of the last season.

Also Barney deserved better, all that subtle development throughout the series that made him a little more awesome than he already was and then at the very end "Hahahaha nope knocked up some girl and my life is fucking shit now for no good reason...I'm awesome"
Lily and Marshall were fantastic pretty much 95% of the time, so I'm glad they didn't get fucked over because they were one of the best examples on TV of a proper couple that don't generally fall into the typical TV tropes that are frankly stupid.

Yeah, the ending was pretty terrible, that's for damn sure. I really hate that they
broke up Barney and Robin, especially since my favorite episode is The Last Page, part 2. Killing off the mother was a horrible choice, obvioudly especially considering how likable Tracy was as a character.
Lily and Marshall are amazing. (I'd argue that 95% is too low.)

From what I've played of Nocturne, every time a new floor opens up in Amala it's totally doable by you at your current power level. Granted I think there's like one or two things in the earlier floors that require you to come back when you're closer to the end of the game, but saving the entire dungeon for endgame trivializes like 4/5ths of it I believe.
I don't like how it breaks up the pacing to go back there, but I'm probably crazy.

Thanks for the tip, Glass. Only a few shots from blood tinge, and I took him down as well as got back my blood echoes. All 20K+ blood.

...I need to cash this shit in soon.

Don't need to grind for bullets. Pressing up on the d-pad sacrifices some health and in return you get 5 bullets to use.

I agree with the blood vial thing. Would much rather have an estus flask system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom