• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okingjrr

I'm listening to it again and I'll post a time stamp for it when I get there.
Thanks. I'm in class, so I can't just whip out my MP3 player to find the time.
Oh cool.

I'm trying to decide if I want to buy Pillars of Eternity on Steam or GOG.
When I heard my name, I got HOT! It didn't help that the train I was in was jam packed with people, making the heat unbearable.

Zenfalcia

Compliments are the best/most awkward things people can make.
Pat hates it tho.

Something something too real.
I don't remember yours, sorry.
It is... Pat's right, it's the worst.

I never mentioned it on the thread, oswald. If you did, it would be weird.

Zenfalcia

That's fair I can understand that, what is it from actually?
Franken Fran, a sci-fi manga that follows a crazy, but well intentioned surgeon called Franken Fran, who helps people by performing operations. Tons of pseudo science that will not actually work in real life, but it's quite fun.

Emouse

Franken Fran, a sci-fi manga that follows a crazy, but well intentioned surgeon called Franken Fran, who helps people by performing operations. Tons of pseudo science that will not actually work in real life, but it's quite fun.

Interesting, sounds fun I shall look it up and stick it on the read list I think

Zenfalcia

Interesting, sounds fun I shall look it up and stick it on the read list I think
It's quite fun.
All right, I think it's about time to start up Bloodborne again. I have to say that I find it a bit more difficult to figure everything out in comparison to the rest of the souls series. Like, I still don't fully understand what some of my stats do.
Do the descriptions not help at all? See what it changes?

Zenfalcia

It does, but since it doesn't use the generic fantasy terms for it, it's a bit harder to decypher what some of them are supposed to represent. I'm only at the beginning of the game and I'll surely figure things out soon enough.

The initial class system is fucking great, by the way.
Minor BB spoilers

Having blood lines is so cool!!!! I'm guessing they're the normal stats but renamed and changed slightly from the older series. The new beast or blood whatever thing is magic and miracles equivalents.

Zenfalcia

Fell asleep and missed the grand opening of the new thread
You didn't miss much, except maybe an amazing OP.
Yeah, the new stats, while not entirely equivalent to their Souls counterpart, have some similarities and it's easy to figure the rest out over time. I'm still experimenting to see whether it still has stuff like Backstabs and whatnot. And the new class system allows for easier roleplaying in comparison to, I dunno, knight, royalty or thief.

I liked the game for about the 30 minutes I've played of it. Got a few small stuff to do and gonna dive in again really soon.
There's no backstabs, they took it out entirely, but you can do charge attacks that knock enemies down. There are jump attacks and such.

The first area is great.

Zenfalcia

I did a charged R2 at the back of an enemy and he went into a crumble state, after which I got a backstab animation when I attacked him again. I guess that could count as a backstab, but yeah you're right.
Does it count? It's more like a riposte.
Wait, what happened exactly? Only skimmed through the pages
Goodwil had used a picture from a doujin as a temporary OP. It's quoted a few times on the first page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom