• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

I'll have to watch the last episode. Can't know for sure.
Okay then.
Of course.
Yes. Who wouldn't?
No, it seems that shooting them with a gun just before they hit you also staggers them, allowing you to do a similar move. I'd say that's the riposte. The other has you doing a charged attack while their back is turned, resembling a backstab a lot more.

But again, I'm just starting out, so I might be overlooking things for now.
Oh, i thought you said you got them in a crumple state and then riposted them. I misunderstood. It doesn't really count imo.

ultimax

Oh you bastards did the new thread thing without me, oh well better late than never
tumblr_n933tnTmri1s74h99o2_500.gif

tumblr_mkpblyzckU1qesvxbo2_500.gif

tumblr_naxfjvaenZ1s7swf7o2_r1_500.gif

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I'm pretty proud I have yet to be spoiled on anything about Bloodborne that wasn't shown in a trailer. I don't even know anything about the origins other than they're called origins.

Zenfalcia

I'm pretty proud I have yet to be spoiled on anything about Bloodborne that wasn't shown in a trailer. I don't even know anything about the origins other than they're called origins.
Spoilers: origins are called origins, because they are origins.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I am serious tho. Not knowing anything is honestly one of the best ways.

How so?

I've done it for every Zelda game and I went into Dark Souls 2 blind. That was amazing, I want to recreate that experience.

He had a severe allergic reaction to his dinner. Said he was never going to eat indian or greek again. He's fine now.

Zenfalcia

I've done it for every Zelda game and I went into Dark Souls 2 blind. That was amazing, I want to recreate that experience.

He had a severe allergic reaction to his dinner. Said he was never going to eat indian or greek again. He's fine now.
That's good. Did you play the older souls yet?

I wonder what he is allergic to.

Rean

One thing that weirded me out a bit in bloodborne (spoilers about the very start of the game) was that
I started out with no weapons. I killed the wolf with my bare hands, then went out to kill a torch and axe wielding dude next and managed to kill the following two enemies next to a baby carriage. However, I was practically doing no damage.

I only found out that the first death throws you to the hub after the fifth enemy killed me.
I wonder
how far in game you can get until you find an actual weapon or lvl up that way.

Numb

I was in the middle of making nic cage but then i saw the hellsing shades. sorry cage you were not meant for this world

beinfilms

Ooh, if we're doing names, mine's Charley!

But you can call me Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All.

Don't actually do that, that's already someone else.

Zenfalcia

Nah, it's fine.
Your secrets will be mine soon enough. Selfie and name and address and family and waifu.
Noooo!!!!
Morning guys.
Bloodborne has arrived.
Lets do this
Have fun.
Ok, no, wait. You're misunderstanding me. Riposte in the Souls games were that you'd swipe with your shield as soon as they were about to hit you. That would put them into a vulnerable state and you could do a follow up stab move with a special animation for high damage. In bloodborne, you
shoot them at the last moment rather than swiping them with the shield (as you have no shield) to get the exact same result)
. Backstabs would mean you'd stealthily walk up to an animation and would...well...stab them in the back with a special animation for high damage. In bloodborne
you do the exact same, but you have to do a stealthy charged R2 first

Important thing here is not the animation (in bloodborne, both fall into crumpled state). Rather, it's that riposte is a counter and backstabs are stealthy start-up attacks done at the back of the enemy.
Both are in Bloodborne.
I was under the understanding that the shield swipe was the parry and the riposte was the follow up attack.
the gun shot replaces the shield parry, and does the exact same thing. The charge is not a backstab IMO, that's because you can do it regardless if you are behind them or not. It doesn't follow the same criteria of needing to behind the enemy to execute. Unless you go with the definition of each parry and backstab being attacks that have the enemy be hit and result in a crumpled state.
I haven't finished DS1 or Demons. I own them both, just haven't finished them.
Interesting, well you'll finish them eventually. I hope.
One thing that weirded me out a bit in bloodborne (spoilers about the very start of the game) was that
I started out with no weapons. I killed the wolf with my bare hands, then went out to kill a torch and axe wielding dude next and managed to kill the following two enemies next to a baby carriage. However, I was practically doing no damage.

I only found out that the first death throws you to the hub after the fifth enemy killed me.
Conglaturations on being gud. You did a pretty good job
without weapons.

You didn't miss much, except maybe an amazing OP.

There's no backstabs, they took it out entirely, but you can do charge attacks that knock enemies down. There are jump attacks and such.

The first area is great.

Yeah, they're in game. Just gotta stagger them from behind. It's not as easily exploitable as older games.

Zenfalcia

Yeah, they're in game. Just gotta stagger them from behind. It's not as easily exploitable as older games.
Hm... I thought there wasn't. Maybe it's just because I didn't see any done in some friender streams. Wouldn't that be more of the stagger and then follow up where you just happenned to be behind them? I feel like i'm arguing semantics.

Numb

After killing that first beast in bloodborne i went over to its body and tried to carve it.
I realized 3 seconds later i wasnt playing monster hunter.
So embarassing
Gonna stop now cos i gotta do shit

Emouse

Yo wait hold up, the Senran Kagura costumes for DOA5 are out today? Noice

well yesterday for murrica but w/e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom