• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think this Evo stage discussion has gone to the point where we may need to make thread, i would just post it on FGW but their too busy lamenting over SF5.

Nobody in the FGW thread would be in support of forcing randomization or non-training mode stages for spectators. At most, you'd see people suggest a coin flip if there's a dispute between the players.

Despite the fact that Evo has grown in spectatorship, it's still centrally about the competitors. The people watching Evo see a fraction of the matches played. A very small percentage of matches are even streamed. Why would you mandate something based on that subset? And further, why would you penalize people who are playing on stream with arbitrary rules?

People who are subscribing are paying for the privilege of watching in Source quality, not dictating the course or selection of a match. Sponsors are paying to have their wares sold at the tournament and have their name emblazoned on screen, not guarantee visually or superficially entertaining matches.

Anung

Un Rama
How many RE playthroughs have they done so far?

RE2
RE3 (now)
RE4
RE:R2
REmake? Don't know if they've completed it though.

REmake and CVX was apart of the shitstorms. I would love to see them do LP's of both. They've said they'll never LP Zero and I don't blame them. They'll probably do a one off video when it drops though.

Maybe they'll do 5 at some point in co-op? Doubt they'd touch 6 though. I'd love a Dino Crisis or Onimusha LP as they are awesome and short.

aly

How many RE playthroughs have they done so far?

RE2
RE3 (now)
RE4
RE:R2
REmake? Don't know if they've completed it though.

I missed most of those, so now I know what to do with my weekend.I kinda want an Re5 lp, although I know a lot of people hated it. But I loved it ( and Sheva) and would watch it even for it to be made fun of.

In the context of the assertion that players should be forced to pick different stages in order to please spectator whining about being bored, it is totally valid to stress that tournaments are primarily for the tournament players not the spectators. Because the very notion of forcing certain stage picks, with no gameplay related justification, implies that spectator's desires are more important than the competitor's.

Does it? Or is the assertion that things can never change because 'everything is for the player' suggest the spectator's desires are so inconsequential they shouldn't even be considered?
I don't know. But that Ride to Hell was a pretty good LP, amirite? Hope Matt and Pat get the message; they need more shit games in the line up!

Does it? Or is the assertion that things can never change because 'everything is for the player' suggest the spectator's desires are so inconsequential they shouldn't even be considered?
I don't know. But that Ride to Hell was a pretty good LP, amirite? Hope Matt and Pat get the message; they need more shit games in the line up!

In this case they should not be considered (unless stage is causing seizures or something).

Weird, I feel like it's been pretty interesting, but maybe I'm just a sucker for the good gameplay and time shenanigans. Also Treasure. I do think it looks more fun to play than watch, but I'm kind of staying on the hook well since it's making me want to try out the game.

The game plays awesomely, I strongly recommend giving the game a shot yourself. IMO one of the best GBA games and Woolie isn't really doing it justice(he only just now seems to be realizing specific enemies are immune to hit stun), although to be fair, it is his first play through, so it might be a while before he figures out how to maximize combos and shit.

Numb

The game plays awesomely, I strongly recommend giving the game a shot yourself. IMO one of the best GBA games and Woolie isn't really doing it justice(he only just now seems to be realizing specific enemies are immune to hit stun), although to be fair, it is his first play through, so it might be a while before he figures out how to maximize combos and shit.

Although awesome, we can't let Liam play all the time. He might speedrun it and finish it in 2-4 parts. They got schedules to keep an don't wanna run out of games to play or start a new LP every week.

Although awesome, we can't let Liam play all the time. He might speedrun it and finish it in 2-4 parts. They got schedules to keep an don't wanna run out of games to play or start a new LP every week.

Liam's youth and good looks will ruin playthroughs.

All kungfu movie credit lost for not recognizing Cynthia Rothrock.

Pat kinda did though. But not by name...

Edit: This Astro Boy playthrough is weird. There's been so many Woolie Jons.

Also an entire discussion on Yandere Simulator.

Edit: They talked about doing an LP plus? I'm trying to think of other LPs that would benefit a NG+, does this mean Nier soon? ;-;

rtXeoBw.png

Twitter

Pretty sure they've all said that none of them watch other LPers/gaming Youtubers, at least not regularly.

Ehh, they definitely watch the Angry Video Game Nerd, and I'm pretty sure they watch Jontron. Most people don't consider those two to be "LPers" because they do shows that focus on high production rather than actual gameplay videos.

I appreciate the Spice Girls push. That was my childhood.

My childhood was more British than I thought. I liked Spice Girls and played on my Dreamcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom