• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D Land videos

Anasui Kishibe said:
Super-Mario-3D-Land-Screenshot-7.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/08/super-mario-3d-land-preview-new-tricks/

Joystiq.com said:
If you lose five lives on any given level, the game will give you an invincible Tanooki suit -- think of it as having constant Star power while wearing the Tanooki suit. You can still fall to your death, so if you die ten times on a level, a special P Wing block emerges, allowing you to zip right to the end.

There ya go....

loosus

Banned
That invincible Tanooki and P Wing thing like Scarlet Letters to me. I wasn't a fan of that shit in New Super Mario Bros. Wii and in Super Mario Galaxy 2. They should be permanently removed from the level once you successfully complete the level without using cheats.

watershed

Banned
loosus said:
That invincible Tanooki and P Wing thing like Scarlet Letters to me. I wasn't a fan of that shit in New Super Mario Bros. Wii and in Super Mario Galaxy 2. They should be permanently removed from the level once you successfully complete the level without using cheats.
If you're good you'll never even see them so its not an issue.

watershed

Banned
loosus said:

You can die five times in a level by total accident. No defending this.
Right.....then you can ignore the floating box and keep playing however you want. There's no defending choice? Why Nintendo do you give consumers choice?! WHY?!?!

loosus

Banned
artwalknoon said:
Right.....then you can ignore the floating box and keep playing however you want. There's no defending choice? Why Nintendo do you give consumers choice?! WHY?!?!
Hey, if they want to give choice, why not give the choice of turning this shit off? That's choice.

watershed

Banned
loosus said:
Hey, if they want to give choice, why not give the choice of turning this shit off? That's choice.
So the 5 or less seconds the box is on screen before you run past it is what you have a problem with?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So it's not even 60 fps?

Like I said, people. This game is gonna exceed expectations just like NSMB DS did.

loosus said:

Once again, you don't have to use it. I don't see why this is a big issue for you. What about the people who aren't as good at the game as you? Young children, old people, handicapped people, people new to the series?

loosus

Banned
Electivirus said:
Once again, you don't have to use it. I don't see why this is a big issue for you. What about the people who aren't as good at the game as you? Young children, old people, handicapped people, people new to the series?
So if they give the choice of turning it off, old people can't use it?

lol I'm out.

loosus said:

lol I'm out.

Going by your posts, you seem to be opposed to the very idea of the Super Guide, much less whether you choose to use it or not.

Cipherr

loosus said:

lol I'm out.

That makes no sense. I'm starting to think that you didn't know that it was something you had to choose to trigger when you wrote that first post. And now you are "LOL I'M OUT!" because you now realize how ridiculous you sound.

watershed

Banned
Electivirus said:
No way man I'm tired of Nintendo dumbing down their games by including completely optional help features that allow them to maintain the difficulty of their games while assisting novice players with no detriment to veteran or "true" gamers. That shit has got to go.

Gravijah

loosus said:

lol I'm out.

there is no reason to have it toggle on/off. you choose to hit the block, just like in nsmbw, with the luigi super guide.

artwalknoon said:

New Super Mario Bros Wii punished you if it ever offered you the Super Guide, regardless of whether or not you took it. Granted, the punishment was incredibly minor (the stars on your save file wouldn't sparkle), but if you saved after seeing a Super Guide Block, it was also irreversible unless you wiped your save slot and started from scratch, or copied over a duplicate from before it was offered.

Galaxy 2 thankfully never did this (and set the deaths requirement so high, I never saw the Cosmic Witch myself), but 5 lives is nothing in a Mario game. So I hope they don't go the NSMBW route and punish you for even seeing the offer.

loosus said:

You can die five times in a level by total accident. No defending this.
You can keep playing without picking the powerups/cheats and complete the level notmally. Just like in NSMBWii and Galaxy 2.

watershed

Banned
Kulock said:
New Super Mario Bros Wii punished you if it ever offered you the Super Guide, regardless of whether or not you took it. Granted, the punishment was incredibly minor (the stars on your save file wouldn't sparkle), but if you saved after seeing a Super Guide Block, it was also irreversible unless you wiped your save slot and started from scratch, or copied over a duplicate from before it was offered.

Galaxy 2 thankfully never did this (and set the deaths requirement so high, I never saw the Cosmic Witch myself), but 5 lives is nothing in a Mario game. So I hope they don't go the NSMBW route and punish you for even seeing the offer.
I didn't know that but either way the poster's issue wasn't with the rewards or punishments associated with super guide features, or at least he never said so. He just seemed pissed that the feature was included full stop.

loosus

Banned
artwalknoon said:
I didn't know that but either way the poster's issue wasn't with the rewards or punishments associated with super guide features, or at least he never said so. He just seemed pissed that the feature was included full stop.
Yes, that was beef with it, and I cannot believe you didn't know about it. Notice how I said "Scarlet Letter?" Hint hint?

watershed

Banned
loosus said:
Yes, that was beef with it, and I cannot believe you didn't know about it. Notice how I said "Scarlet Letter?" Hint hint?
In 3 replies after your original post you never clarified your issue with so I'm not sure I or the other posters who responded to you are the ones who failed to understand.

loosus

Banned
artwalknoon said:
In 3 replies after your original post you never clarified your issue with so I'm not sure I or the other posters who responded to you are the ones who failed to understand.
Sounds like quite a few people are unaware of some of the shittiness in Nintendo's games. Maybe it's some sorta repressive issue after being diehard Nintendo fans for so long.

Gravijah

loosus said:
Sounds like quite a few people are unaware of some of the shittiness in Nintendo's games. Maybe it's some sorta repressive issue after being diehard Nintendo fans for so long.

please do not bring silly fanboy stuff into this.

watershed

Banned
loosus said:
You see, this is why I didn't and don't take any of your posts seriously. Also the "Lol, I'm out" but clearly you're not.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
loosus said:
I thought you were leaving?

Gravijah said:
nsmbw flaws:

good, not great, music
a very boring art style
a LOT of boring stages
NSMBWii is bland as shit presentation-wise but I would say its level design was amazing. Considering Mario is usually pretty conservative in terms of aesthetics, that's all that really mattered in the end.

Astrosanity said:
NSMBWii is bland as shit presentation-wise but I would say its level design was amazing. Considering Mario is usually pretty conservative in terms of aesthetics, that's all that really mattered in the end.

I'm playing it for the first time now. The art style is a bit plain compared to some of the other entries into the series, but I quite like it. It's clean, polished, and it's pretty nice to have NSMB's style on a system that can replicate it properly.

loosus said:
For a figment of my imagination, you sure are aggressive.

Anasui Kishibe said:
that's your fault for his drivel then? You deserve a whole tree of figs in your rectum!
I'm still not completely 100% on human mannerisms... but you are hitting on me right?

I call everyone figments of my imagination. Especially when you're behind a screen. How do I know I'm not in a padded cell thinking that I'm chatting with someone online. I could be from a squid like people with no real technology that's seeing through the eyes of a simian and posting a rambling message on the internet.

What does this have to do with Super Mario 3D Land? Absolutely nothing.

Thunder Monkey said:
I'm still not completely 100% on human mannerisms... but you are hitting on me right?

I call everyone figments of my imagination. Especially when you're behind a screen. How do I know I'm not in a padded cell thinking that I'm chatting with someone online. I could be from a squid like people with no real technology that's seeing through the eyes of a simian and posting a rambling message on the internet.

What does this have to do with Super Mario 3D Land? Absolutely nothing.

wait, aren't you human?

one could say Mario is in your exact same situation, with the MK being so absurd it could only come from his imagination, here we go, back on track, kindof

Top Bottom