• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D Land videos

Javier

Mpl90 said:
OH

boomerang-mario-228x300.png

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH
FUCK YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Kyzer

Banned
ryan13ts said:
Kinda looks like that turtle suit from NSMB, which was one of my favorite power-up's in the entire series. Shell sliding plus Boomerang's would be too awesome.

hmm. maybe! there IS a run button!

I'm not watching any of that, I think it's time for media blackout. The last batch of videos and screens cemented this as my most anticipated game, and it's only a month away. I want to go in seeing as little more of as I possibly can.

Naked Snake said:
The last batch of videos and screens cemented this as my most anticipated game,

Some posters replied to me as if I was crazy when I posted that in the "most anticipated title of 2011" thread. Shrug. I don't doubt EAD Tokyo.

Yagharek

Freezie KO said:
Some posters replied to me as if I was crazy when I posted that in the "most anticipated title of 2011" thread. Shrug. I don't doubt EAD Tokyo.

Same here. This would be my most awaited game if Zelda wasn't out soon too. But after the galaxy games, this has to be one of the most promising games. I'm expecting nothing less than perfection from this game.

AniHawk

i knew i only had three days of rayman origins before skyward sword, but i didn't consider i only had three days of 3d land before rayman origins. :(

Why does the boomerang brother have a sort of beak, separated from the rest of his face, while the regular troopa has a more rounded face and no separate beak?

What species are these turtles?

Why does everything have a tail, wtf :lol

The Boomerang Bro suit is too random and awesome. Much like the Hammer Suit in SMB3, the Boomerang Suit should be this game's best suit.

OMG IS THAT A TANOOKI STATUE I SEE :O

Kyzer

Banned
LUIGIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Edit:

That artwork is probably what Mario will look like on Wii U....that zoomed in shot of the statue looks perfect.

Mistle

UncleSporky said:
Popped it into Photoshop and did a quick zoom and enhance:

http://i.imgur.com/QPIAe.jpg[./IMG][/QUOTE]
How did you enhance such a low-res image so nicely? The source artwork has the statue tucked away in the corner with few pixels but you really got definition D:

Unless there is a higher res artwork somewhere, of course.

Poyunch

Green Scar said:
Having the Tanooki statue be a statue of Luigi is even weirder. I'm assuming it lets you swap between the two.
The game actually has a dark tone in the story. Mario is looking for Luigi after he's been missing for weeks. A witch comes along and tries to help Mario by leading him to a dimension called 3D Land.

After going through a portal, the witch leads Mario to a statue of Luigi dressed in the Tanooki suit. She warns Mario of an evil Tanooki wizard that freezes people into statues. The only way to defeat the Tanooki wizard is with Tanooki powers! The witch is too old to fight the wizard herself so she requests the aid of Mario to take down the wizard which will then lift the statue curse.

She offers Mario the Tanooki suit and he sets off on his adventure. Little does Mario know that there is no Tanooki wizard. The reason why so many enemies seem to have the Tanooki tail is because the witch has been spreading this story to everyone.

THE MORE YOU USE THE TANOOKI SUIT THE MORE YOU BECOME A STATUE. Will Mario figure this out in time? Buy the game and find out.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Up for grabs.

Edit- Oops, damn it's the old size. Too used to that. Err, I'm not gonna correct it, but it's still up for grabs. :p

MegaByte

Mistle said:
How did you enhance such a low-res image so nicely? The source artwork has the statue tucked away in the corner with few pixels but you really got definition D:

This.

PounchEnvy said:
The game actually has a dark tone in the story. Mario is looking for Luigi after he's been missing for weeks. A witch comes along and tries to help Mario by leading him to a dimension called 3D Land.

After going through a portal, the witch leads Mario to a statue of Luigi dressed in the Tanooki suit. She warns Mario of an evil Tanooki wizard that freezes people into statues. The only way to defeat the Tanooki wizard is with Tanooki powers! The witch is too old to fight the wizard herself so she requests the aid of Mario to take down the wizard which will then lift the statue curse.

She offers Mario the Tanooki suit and he sets off on his adventure. Little does Mario know that there is no Tanooki wizard. The reason why so many enemies seem to have the Tanooki tail is because the witch has been spreading this story to everyone.

THE MORE YOU USE THE TANOOKI SUIT THE MORE YOU BECOME A STATUE. Will Mario figure this out in time? Buy the game and find out.

haha, I actually like this plot!

fernoca

Mistle said:

GAF Gold includes access to Photoshop CSI Edition; which includes tools to zoom-in and make images higher res with just the magnifier.

PounchEnvy said:

If only

just watched the trailers for the first time. I didn't want to, but it always ends like Doc Brown at the end of BTTF1

and...maybe it's blasphemy but I'm getting Galaxy level of quality from this game

Javier

I swear there's something about Mario games that make me feel giddy inside just by looking at them.

Maybe it's because they're so goddamn COLORFUL.

Deku

Banned
Javier said:
I swear there's something about Mario games that make me feel giddy inside just by looking at them.

Maybe it's because they're so goddamn COLORFUL.

If only we could have voice acting.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Previews we've seen are for some levels of the first 3 worlds. Can we expect 8 worlds?
Question mark about how good this game can be lays on its content.

Top Bottom