• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) box art

5006187.jpg

Original tiny one:

iXo3zPWyEQmkK.jpg

There's a "larger" one, but it's way blurrier, this is better.

No idea where Nintendo Everything found this and why they now puts their damn watermark on everything...

As for the box, I like it. :)

I like the colors on it, they stand out. Although it's a bit weird seeing doubles of each of the characters on the same boxart.

ash_ag

It's nice, but this seems to be the first time they include the same character multiple times on the boxart, and I don't dig that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Character double-up looks like a mess. Not a fan.

So the story is that Bowser clones Mario, Peach, Toad and Luigi, splices cat DNA into the clones' DNA, and then they all fight to the death, right

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I will never be able to take this game seriously with Mario in a goddamned catsuit on the cover. I am NOT ON BOARD with this powerup.

2x Mario sure looks weird too.

Into

Seeing everyone twice, it looks like its a compilation of 2 different Mario games,

Top: Generic Mario in Mushroom Kingdom
Bottom: Mario and friends visit the Amazon jungle or something

Bizarre

NotLiquid

This still looks rather preliminary. Hope that's the case. I miss the colorful box arts.

Admittedly, it does pop out at you rather well.

Lijik

Too busy. Galaxy covers are way better.

It feels like they're trying to do the samething as the 3D land boxart of showing the feel of the game and the major suit but instead of the elegant boxart for 3D Land, the artists just slapped everything on without thinking.

250px-Super-Mario-3D-Land-Logo.jpg

The tanooki suit as Mario's shadow is fantastic.

zroid

Banned
it's ok, not on the level of some of Nintendo's recent amazing box arts

even so, excited to see it at a higher res. I want to pore through all the scenery in the background! :D

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Seriously... the fucking catsuit. Frog suits, bee suits, whatever. These have no real-world counterpart. But people WEAR catsuits. Crazy otakus, furries, and general undesirables. This is the immediate connotation I get when I see Mario in that damn outfit. He licks the back of his downturned paw, and says "nyam nyam" and makes a :3 face. GAH!

I actually see why they made it like they did but it is a lot to take in.

Maybe there are other ways but I guess they thought that they couldn't just have Mario, etc... in their catsuit because if they did, the iconic red outfit wouldn't be represented.

Kurtofan

Seriously... the fucking catsuit. Frog suits, bee suits, whatever. These have no real-world counterpart. But people WEAR catsuits. Crazy otakus, furries, and general undesirables. This is the immediate connotation I get when I see Mario in that damn outfit. He licks the back of his downturned paw, and says "nyam nyam" and makes a :3 face. GAH!

You never heard about frogmen?

Top Bottom