• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Bros. Wii? (plus a Sin and Punishment 2's booth image!)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bozon-IGN said:
It's not Shantae. I can confirm that one.

Also, Sin & Punishment has a GameCube controller in it since it's running off debug. Wii debug uses Cube controllers to nav the menus and such.
Its not? Looks so much like it... Well, I guess I'll see who this Shantae look alike is in the morning.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
MisterHero said:
WRONG, that's the premise for the sequel, "The Wrath of The Dark Plumber"

you aren't hacking Nintendo's database, are you?
ummm...
gotta run!
*You hear cartoon sound effect as he does some prolonged foot spinning until he finally takes off leaving a cloud of dust in his wake*

What do you do?
If you give chase go back to Page 1

If you let him go continue reading thread

Drkirby said:
Most likely another booth, but whats this in the background:
image2.jpg
With everyone bringing up Zelda, it looks like it says "Sheik" to me...

But not really.

I would care about this thread SO MUCH MORE if we weren't going to find out answers in 9hours. Fortunately, we are going to find out the answer in 9 hours.

bartris

Neo Member
UltimateIke said:
With everyone bringing up Zelda, it looks like it says "Sheik" to me...

But not really.
Looks like Super to me.

The silver sub heading likely indicates whatever is super, looks like it could be Metroid.

The headings to the left look like Fantasy something??? Though could be something starting with P?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Drkirby said:
Most likely another booth, but whats this in the background:
image2.jpg

Looks like Wario with a flattened chef hat holding a burning baseball with a coffin in the background.

MisterHero said:
Dude, no.

Future Bowser evaporates the Mushroom Kingdom's water supply, the dry air causes the mushroom people to go crazy, and it's up to Mario to save the Kingdom. Along the way, he meets Future Luigi who tells him that he will need help and gives him a warp whistle to go get him. They stop Future Koopa, but then Magikoopa reveals himself to be the Real King Koopa and there's an epic battle on some moving platforms!!!
Still not quite right... how about:

Baby mario and luigi are just being delivered by the stork, and Papa Giovanni (Mario and Luigi's father) is working as an apprentice plumber and is travelling with his wife and boss. Suddenly, a blockage combined with what looks like an electrical fault happens while en route to meet the stork and they're sent to check it out. When they get there, they're attacked by a tattooed koopa who zaps them and demands that the master plumber tell him what the date is and where to find Ambassador Luigi.

Papa Giovanni's boss tells the young man that he has just been promoted to full plumber and that he has to run to help his wife. The tattooed koopa, who had introduced himself as Nemo, attacks and kills both the boss and Papa Giovanni, but not before he stops the koopa and saves the lives of the whole town, about 800 people. In the confusion, only one of the babies gets delivered and Papa Giovanni becomes a hero. He had been a full plumber for only 12 minutes.

Mario grows up a juvenile delinquent and during a bar fight, runs into a master plumber who convinces him to make something of his life and undertake a plumbing apprenticeship. While at the plumbing academy, he meets a tall, mustachioed instructor named Luigi. They hate each others' guts at first, and Luigi puts Mario on academic probation, but then a blockage followed by an electrical fault happen and they're sent to investigate.

Nemo comes back and destroys Luigi's home town and Luigi decides that they should go back to the plumbing guild for help. Mario tries to convince Luigi to chase him themselves, lest Nemo destroy the Mushroom Kingdom, but Luigi kicks Mario out of the guild and drops him into a warp pipe that led to an ice level.

There in the ice level, Mario is chased by a large monster and a grey-haired Luigi rescues him. The older Luigi explains that he's from the future where Nemo's home town had been destroyed by a chocolate volcanic eruption that threatened the whole Mushroom World. Luigi had tried to stop it from happening using red batter, but it was too late and Nemo's hometown had been destroyed. Somehow, the red batter had sent both of them back through time, Nemo 25 years further back than Luigi. Nemo blamed Luigi for what had happened and vowed revenge, attacking Papa Giovanni's plumbing crew and creating a parallel universe where the Mario Brothers didn't grow up together.

They meet up with Professor E. Gadd, who warps them to where young Luigi is. Some argument happens, Luigi puts Mario in charge because he'd become emotionally compromised and they team up to beat Nemo. They knock him back onto a vat of red batter and rescue the mushroom kingdom.

Somewhere along the way, Luigi hooks up with Daisy.

MisterHero

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Still not quite right... how about:

Baby mario and luigi are just being delivered by the stork, and Papa Giovanni (Mario and Luigi's father) is working as an apprentice plumber and is travelling with his wife and boss. Suddenly, a blockage combined with what looks like an electrical fault happens while en route to meet the stork and they're sent to check it out. When they get there, they're attacked by a tattooed koopa who zaps them and demands that the master plumber tell him what the date is and where to find Ambassador Luigi.

Papa Giovanni's boss tells the young man that he has just been promoted to full plumber and that he has to run to help his wife. The tattooed koopa, who had introduced himself as Nemo, attacks and kills both the boss and Papa Giovanni, but not before he stops the koopa and saves the lives of the whole town, about 800 people. In the confusion, only one of the babies gets delivered and Papa Giovanni becomes a hero. He had been a full plumber for only 12 minutes.

Mario grows up a juvenile delinquent and during a bar fight, runs into a master plumber who convinces him to make something of his life and undertake a plumbing apprenticeship. While at the plumbing academy, he meets a tall, mustachioed instructor named Luigi. They hate each others' guts at first, and Luigi puts Mario on academic probation, but then a blockage followed by an electrical fault happen and they're sent to investigate.

Nemo comes back and destroys Luigi's home town and Luigi decides that they should go back to the plumbing guild for help. Mario tries to convince Luigi to chase him themselves, lest Nemo destroy the Mushroom Kingdom, but Luigi kicks Mario out of the guild and drops him into a warp pipe that led to an ice level.

There in the ice level, Mario is chased by a large monster and a grey-haired Luigi rescues him. The older Luigi explains that he's from the future where Nemo's home town had been destroyed by a chocolate volcanic eruption that threatened the whole Mushroom World. Luigi had tried to stop it from happening using red batter, but it was too late and Nemo's hometown had been destroyed. Somehow, the red batter had sent both of them back through time, Nemo 25 years further back than Luigi. Nemo blamed Luigi for what had happened and vowed revenge, attacking Papa Giovanni's plumbing crew and creating a parallel universe where the Mario Brothers didn't grow up together.

They meet up with Professor E. Gadd, who warps them to where young Luigi is. Some argument happens, Luigi puts Mario in charge because he'd become emotionally compromised and they team up to beat Nemo. They knock him back onto a vat of red batter and rescue the mushroom kingdom.

Somewhere along the way, Luigi hooks up with Daisy.
What are you talking about? Nintendo commisioned me to write the story.

You just ripped off Star Trek

laserbeam

Banned
Come on guys we know whats gonna happen :( Nintendo Ninjas are already at work stripping all Mario related stuff from hall and to say fuck you to gaf will instead put up Wii Music II

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
mj1108 said:
Those actually appear to be outside of Nintendo's area.
Outside the Wii area, but it that doesn't mean outside Nintendo's booth area. Looks like DS kiosks.

Maybe...

Super Mario Brothers Wii isn't a 2D/2.5D game, but another 3D game with a twist... like full on co-op or something.

Kujo

abstract alien said:
Thanks, you ruined the announcement, as we all know it wont even look anywhere close to this type of style. Thanks a bunch you bastard :^(
I aim to please ^_^

bdouble

ReiGun said:
Either way, SIN AND PUNISHMENT 2 ALL OVER MY FACE!!!!! Nothing else matters.
+1. What else do I need? Basically this game fills in for all those other games that completely ignored the IR function.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
psy18 said:
As other have said... Ds kiosk for zelda spirit track.
There are 2 games there, even if the game on the right is Zelda there is another game that starts with a P.

AniHawk

Mr. Pointy said:
Imagine if this was the secret Retro game.

Oh Mr. Pointy. You just had to go and do that, didn't you? Just as I was about to sleep. Now I'm going to have nightmares. I hope you're happy.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Mr. Pointy said:
Imagine if this was the secret Retro game.
As much as I love me some Mario Bros, I would be very disappointed. I'm hoping Retro is working on something original.

Top Bottom