• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Confirmed!

Haunted

Caj814 said:
16htgmo.jpg
:lol

THE CAKE IS IN THE OVEN

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

I REPEAT

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
ShutDown202 said:
And has anyone else noticed how unbelievably well mario controls? I think its the best 3D controls ever. The definition of fluid.

I know you were talking about Sunshine specifically and that’s fine as I think this applies to both Sunshine and Galaxy but yes, I have noticed how well Mario controls. It’s absolutely astonishing to me that the simple act of moving my character on screen is fun. For most games, it’s just what I have to do in order to reach the next section of the game, but with the last two 3D Mario titles, it’s the fun in and of itself.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
:lol Oh man, I can totally see like, the game opens. Princess Peach's letter pops up, inviting Mario to the castle. He pops out of the pipe with "its-a me, Mario!" and begins the sidescrolling 1-1 level. Than a luma shows up, tells him that Peach is in trouble, and *dramatic chord* the camera shifts to 3-D

MYE

The_Technomancer said:
:lol Oh man, I can totally see like, the game opens. Princess Peach's letter pops up, inviting Mario to the castle. He pops out of the pipe with "its-a me, Mario!" and begins the sidescrolling 1-1 level. Than a luma shows up, tells him that Peach is in trouble, and *dramatic chord* the camera shifts to 3-D

:O

Oh god oh god the scans are so awesome.
Why NoE, why? I just can't wait until June:(

Ah, do we know anything about the multiplayer? It seems the second player plays as a Luma but.. what the hell does he do exactly? Maybe someone could be able to translate the scans?
Anyways, Nintendo is really trying its best to sell this game to the NSMB crowd, that's for sure.

Mt Heart Attack said:
Oh god oh god the scans are so awesome.
Why NoE, why? I just can't wait until June:(

Ah, do we know anything about the multiplayer? It seems the second player plays as a Luma but.. what the hell does he do exactly? Maybe someone could be able to translate the scans?
Anyways, Nintendo is really trying its best to sell this game to the NSMB crowd, that's for sure.

The Luma can attack enemies and gather coins, it seems.

cvxfreak

Excuse me if this is repetitive, but May 23 is a Sunday. So Nintendo's giving this game special treatment?

I have a flight back to Tokyo on the 24th. Would be nice to grab the U.S. version before then.

cvxfreak said:
Excuse me if this is repetitive, but May 23 is a Sunday. So Nintendo's giving this game special treatment?

I have a flight back to Tokyo on the 24th. Would be nice to grab the U.S. version before then.

Nintendo releases most of their games on Sundays.

semiregular

Neo Member
AceBandage said:
The Luma can attack enemies and gather coins, it seems.

It can spin attack enemies, transport items such as 1up mushrooms and coins, and freeze enemies(as in SMG). I wonder how the item transportation works, simple click and drag? lol

AceBandage said:
Nintendo releases most of their games on Sundays.
Not most. Some. Big games. Marios, Pokemons, things that launch alongside hardware (like Wario Ware just did). Their usual ship dates are on Mondays for smaller games. Extremely rarely an under-the-radar game might get a Tuesday ship date.

Akai

As much as I love New Super Mario Bros. Wii, I really wish they went with the art design they have for that 2D segment in the new scans. Fantastic stuff...

Banned
Man, tried to finish Galaxy 1 the other day, as i've been saving finishing it forever, and damn... Amazing & mind bending.

When Peach invites you to eat cake while looking at the stars... Mario be gettin' becky.

Hype +100... but it was already a :01 purchase, in all seriousness.

Tarin02543 said:
To own, complete 100 % and adore this game has now become my current life goal.

if it isn't good, I will commit glorious sudoku. Then after I'm done with that, I might try the crossword puzzles.

BowieZ

Banned
Wow... Orange Luma is explained! :D :D

You can aim him at objects and enemies just like your common egg from Yoshi's Island, although this may be for the co-op player only.

Oh God, this quote from E309 turned out to be true.

It’s not just Koizumi who’s pushing back against Miyamoto’s propensity towards minimalism. Miyamoto says he’s also had some “battles” with the team making New Super Mario Bros. Wii over the story.

“They always want to have these dramatic scenes where Princess Peach gets kidnapped, but I always tell them, no, it’s fine — Princess Peach likes cake, so you can just have them use cake as bait to kidnap Princess Peach, and that’s enough,” he laughed.

“Glutton” was the word in Japanese he used to describe Princess Peach.

i actually liked mario galaxy's intro sequence a lot more

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
evilromero said:
The scan shows a Sunshine level, possibly Delfino Square! OMGSHITFUCK.
At first I thought maybe it was a sunshine screenshot, like "past Mario titles" or something, so I checked Mario's arms.

Nope! Sleeved! Wooooooooo!

BowieZ

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
At first I thought maybe it was a sunshine screenshot, like "past Mario titles" or something, so I checked Mario's arms.

Nope! Sleeved! Wooooooooo!
Two Delfino-style galaxy screens have been released so far.

EDIT: Sorry, make that four lol

Top Bottom