• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Confirmed!

34sqazq.gif

Miau

Neo Member
[Nintex] said:
FUCK NOE UP THE ASS WITH A COPY OF JAM WITH THE BAND THAT WAS RELEASED HERE FIVE YEARS LATE GODDAMMIT

Oh and push a delayed copy of Smash Bros. Brawl up their shithole as well

and shove in another imported copy of ExciteBots

don't forget to reserve some space for Metroid Other M

fuckers

At least we got Another Code and Disaster. :(

None of them are enough to cover this delay

[Nintex] said:
FUCK NOE UP THE ASS WITH A COPY OF JAM WITH THE BAND THAT WAS RELEASED HERE FIVE YEARS LATE GODDAMMIT

Oh and push a delayed copy of Smash Bros. Brawl up their shithole as well

and shove in another imported copy of ExciteBots

don't forget to reserve some space for Metroid Other M

fuckers

Don't forget to save room for Animal Crossing and WarioWare Twisted!

heringer

If this was just Galaxy 1.5 I would be already satisfied, but judging from the last images, videos and info the game really feels like it's taking a shape of it's own. So excited.

The music was pretty much the best part about Mario Galaxy... and that's not a knock on the other parts of the game. Just, to me, while Mario Galaxy had superior gameplay compared to other games, no other game has come CLOSE when it came to music. It feels like an disney adventure... it adds majesty to the game. Not a bad level in the game, either.

The new music sounds fantastic.

zigg

Hang on a sec.

swerve said:
He cautiously approaches it, and finds... a small, lost baby star. The star - 'Baby Chico' - follows Mario to the castle, but what is waiting for them there is...'

and

swerve said:
The main addition to 'assist play' this time appears to be that you can make Baby Chico use a spin attack to actually take out enemies rather than just pause their movement.

I'm looking at this stuff now, and I think they're two different Lumas. Baby Chico is white, the other one yellow-orange?

BowieZ

Banned
zigg said:
Hang on a sec.

I'm looking at this stuff now, and I think they're two different Lumas. Baby Chico is white, the other one yellow-orange?
I'm confused too, although I kind of don't want to think about it too much; I'm already spoiled far too much as it is.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
According to the scans, the white luma is exactly like in the first game. The orange one is tied to P2's cursor, and is the one you can molest the environment with. Grab items, spin-attack enemies, shoot bits, etc.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay, so, aside, whats with the different kind of Goombas? You have like, the traditional roughly conical headed, reddish brown ones, and the other ones that are more like mushrooms and are a paler brown. Galaxy 1 had them as well.

ShockingAlberto said:
It's sad that this is going to be totally ignored in GOTY nominations, assuming it's at least of the same quality as the last game.

Didn't the original get most of the GotY awards, though?

Besides, we all know Zelda Wii will probably be most sites GotY.

zigg

The_Technomancer said:
Okay, so, aside, whats with the different kind of Goombas? You have like, the traditional roughly conical headed, reddish brown ones, and the other ones that are more like mushrooms and are a paler brown. Galaxy 1 had them as well.

The pale ones only give coins and go down with one hit. The darker ones give a coin when stomped, or star bits if spin-attacked and then hit.

AceBandage said:
Didn't the original get most of the GotY awards, though?

Q1 and Q2 games are traditionally ignored in GOTY awards.

It's almost entirely a Q3/Q4 (especially Q4) mentality.

Speevy

Banned
AceBandage said:

There's never been a 3D Zelda which was revealed in the same year of its release.

I doubt the new one will change that.

Empty

That music, both the glorious new orchestrated stuff and the standard stuff, is (predictably) amazing. The game looks so pretty as well, and though i was trying not to spoil myself so i can be as surprised as i by the first game, i can't stop watching all the videos. Why can't it be June already, whyyy.

The Technomancer

zigg said:
The pale ones only give coins and go down with one hit. The darker ones give a coin when stomped, or star bits if spin-attacked and then hit.
Well, yeah, but why. Are both designs from old games or something? Is there a reason for both?

zigg said:
Well, crap, now I'm going to be calling that little guy Baby Chico instead of whatever name NOA assigns it.
The file names on the Japanese disc romanize it "Tico" instead of "Chico". So the name is "Baby Tico". The English version will probably call it "Baby Luma" (Tico is the Japanese equivalent of Luma).

The Technomancer

ShockingAlberto said:
Mario employs babies for help a lot
And later on tonight our investigative reporters delve into a shocking investigation of corruption and child labor violations in the Mushroom Kingdom sewage system.
Are young orphaned children being put to work cleaning our pipes by the cruel-hearted plumbers we thought we were paying? And where is our "beloved" Princess Peach turning her gaze. Is there more than just a "working relationship" between her and head of operations, Mario? A scandalous dive into the seedy underworld we never new thrived beneath our feet.

The_Technomancer said:
And later on tonight our investigative reporters delve into a shocking investigation of corruption and child labor violations in the Mushroom Kingdom sewage system.
Are young orphaned children being put to work cleaning our pipes by the cruel-hearted plumbers we thought we were paying? And where is our "beloved" Princess Peach turning her gaze. Is there more than just a "working relationship" between her and head of operations, Mario? A scandalous dive into the seedy underworld we never new thrived beneath our feet.
My, what a sto- Wait, weren't you the guy that did those scare pieces on Smittyic cults? And found that there was nothing in Al Catoad's vault, after massively overhyping it?

zigg

Prime Blue said:
The file names on the Japanese disc romanize it "Tico" instead of "Chico". So the name is "Baby Tico". The English version will probably call it "Baby Luma" (Tico is the Japanese equivalent of Luma).

Yes, Tathanen has been similarly dashing my joy earlier this afternoon. Thanks, facts!

(The attack Luma is "Assist Chico" or some similarly bizarre thing, by the way.)

Willy105 said:
They scrapped the idea of an expansion pack last year, when they decided to make it a full game.

Now, now. If you keep your expectations low enough, you'll be blown away that much more when you finally get the game.

As for me, I've convinced myself it's actually an up-rendered model swap of Superman 64. I'll have a defibrillator standing by in case the shock proves to be too much.

Top Bottom