• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Confirmed!

MYE said:
Damn, that video always gets to me

That kid is the shit.
Funny you say this, as I'm browsing through his channel at the moment. Most of the times I don't like the "covers" amateurs put up on youtube, as good as they are I always find them a bit attention whorish. But the things this guy puts online is pretty nice. Just watched the 32-songs-in-8-minutes and now I'm watching the TV Theme medley.

Edit: haha, I hadn't seen your edit yet. :)

ILikeFeet

Banned
Souldriver said:
Who the hell wants to listen to some fake shitty sounding tone that's supposed to represent a violin but hardly passes as such?

people who can't tell the difference between a well composed midi violin and a real violin? I don't know.

BowieZ said:
or477c.png
20rr03p.png

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
The music theme for Bowser Jr.'s galaxy is the Mario 64 Bowser Stage theme WITH MOTHER FUCKING CHORUS!

They need to orchestrate this theme with chorus for the final Bowser stage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAuqowo5vA4&feature=related

Easy_D

never left the stone age
SirSwirl said:
:O

Must go on media blackout, but songs and videos are so amazing...... D:

And was that SMW ghost theme orchestrated!? :D
What? Which video is that in? :O

Edit: Nevermind, I taught myself how to read :lol

AceBandage said:
I can't believe he included anime songs in that.
Awesome.

Edit: And holy shit, Firefly :O

I think he fucked that up, the TV medley is awesome, but what the fuck is doing there one of the worst animes ever, if he added more anime themes, but he only used the shitty naruto piece of crap.
Cowboy Bebop, now that would be epic.

batbeg

Oblivion said:
Damn...debating whether I should go on a media blackout or not.

I'm doing it. I can't help but feel like I can't find anything too exciting in these videos that won't make me just want to play it right fucking now. I have the gist of what they're showing, and I want to just fucking experience it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Its funny how there was joking/wishing the Mario head hub ship would become a super Mario to battle Bowser, and now in the latest screenshots Bowser is the size he'd need to be for this to be possible.

BowieZ

Banned
Souldriver said:
What I'd like to see from Nintendo, is that to go away from midi sound, but not to tire out the typical orchestra music, they mix things up a little.

What is wrong with acoustic guitar? An accordion? The bongo? Saxophones? harmonica? Other voice colors than the typical big choir ones? Tuba? The Pan flute? ...

I know this is not how Mario music sounds like, but I'd like Nintendo to apply stuff as creative as this version of the Wind waker theme in their Mario games. Just give it a Mario-like tune and sound.
Although it's not comprehensive, this notion was still achieved somewhat in Galaxy.

Pizz strings + solo violin + flute
String ensemble + flute
Harp + flute
Marimbas + funk guitar

SpacePirate Ridley said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
The music theme for Bowser Jr.'s galaxy is the Mario 64 Bowser Stage theme WITH MOTHER FUCKING CHORUS!
It's a real orchestra but I'm not so certain about the chorus part. It could be some female chorus samples (i.e., MIDI). Also, I don't think that part was for Bowser Jr.'s galaxy. ;)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm convinced they scrapped the fur grass. I kinda want confirmation just so I dont play the game expecting it to pop up :lol.

BowieZ

Banned
Willy105 said:
Calm down BowieZ!

Yeesh.

Are you always this out of control?
:lol I assure you, I am sitting calmly at my desktop with an absolute straight face. But really, on the inside, I'm giddy like a little school boy.

EatChildren said:
I'm convinced they scrapped the fur grass. I kinda want confirmation just so I dont play the game expecting it to pop up :lol.
Well, as you know, there were 3D fur fibers in Galaxy 1 (Bowser's fur, Queen Bee's fur), so I'd expect that graphical effect is brought through to Galaxy 2, but specifically for the grass it does seem doubtful... although bear in mind there were both types of grass used in the very first trailer.

EDIT: Don't forget, we have lush 3D flower gardens (seen so far in Supermassive Galaxy), so perhaps the 3D fur grass is being saved as a special effect whereby Mario has a power to make foliage grow (for some unknown reason) in special areas.

I'm already so, so sold on this game, I just can't decide whether to play it on my Wii or in glorious HD in dolphin. Here's hoping the compatibility still holds.

Lombaszko

I got a $50 Best Buy gift card in February and it's killing me not to spend it, but as I keep seeing more and more of this game I know I am making the right decision to wait!

Varion

Cloud Mario :lol

The hype in this thread is infectious. Preordered this yesterday which means I have... less than 2 months to finish the first one. Shouldn't be too hard.

MYE

mikespit1200 said:
I'm already so, so sold on this game, I just can't decide whether to play it on my Wii or in glorious HD in dolphin. Here's hoping the compatibility still holds.

Wii, let nintendo now you're playing it D:

Guevara

Really looks like they had fun designing this game. With the fundamentals established so well in MG1, I couldn't be more excited.

Tarin02543

beelzebozo said:
a decade ago, i never would have imagined the future of mario games would be so fucking awesome.

I did, and I'm glad Nintendo proved me right.

Although I was and am not awesome enough to have imagined Cloud Mario.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I have divined it. The little happy cloud behind him follows the pointer. You point to spawn clouds as platforms.

Top Bottom